It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Happy Birthday Bill Hicks! We miss you

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 08:24 AM
link   
I just wanted to show some recognition to the fact that it would have been Bill Hicks 49th birthday today, and to show him some love for the unique person he was.

He was one of the first people I ever heard talk about any kind of conspiracy theory and he could make people laugh while he did it.

Happy Birthday Bill R.I.P

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Bill Hicks!

What. A. Legend.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 08:48 AM
link   
reply to post by davespanners

Not a lot to add. Bill deserves a million stars and flags, truly one of the greatest people who ever lived. I was at a party just last week and everyone started saying how much they loved Bill and how he was a personal hero.

The greatest comic, one of the best thinkers, on point with just about everything and still vastly under appreciated.

My favorite joke is about how he would not vote for Bush senior because he was part of a government whose policies included genocide in South America. Just about everyone sucks in comparison including me

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 09:46 AM
link   
I often wonder what Bill would make of the issues we face today, especially the huge growth in government control over peoples lives and massive expansion of the media.

I wish he was around to bring these issues into the public conciousness again

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Thanks for bringing attention to him Dave, and celebrating his arrival into our world. He was one of a kind for sure and took his craft to another level, mastering a critical eye and delivering unabashed truth so real it transfixes you to his expressions and analogies.

I recently watched the movie about him and gained even more respect and admiration for him and his achievements. I, like many others can relate to his journey, in that sometimes a "trip" or two reveals deeper truths and connections far beyond the superficial status quo. You can see how it changed his life, as did my own expanded "experiences," sometimes leaving one wondering "wtf people, this illusion is killing us!"

He was so bold in his convictions, and brave to tell it like it was/is. I cannot think of anyone since him who can nail it like he does, with the exception of George Carlin(RIP). In today's world he'd probably be locked up under some Patriot Act violation, too much truth.

I would highly recommend the movie about him and his life, and you can watch it(not suggesting downloading) here: Bill Hicks Movie

This is one of my favorite pieces, although there are numerous, or should I just say it is all good and people should check him out.

RIP Bill...

Peace,
spec
edit on 16-12-2010 by speculativeoptimist because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 02:36 PM
link   
In your own words "Keeping The Dream Alive".

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 02:04 AM
link   
The world called him a stand-up comedian. But he was one of us - a conspiracy theorist.

One of my favorite bits was when he went to the Texas School Book Depository 6th floor Assassination Museum in Dallas. (This is the bit called "As Long As We're Talking About Shelf Life (Kennedy) on cd titled Arizona Bay). Bill was completely correct in his description. I even followed in his footsteps earlier this year when I checked out the 6th floor with my own eyes. That corner of the building is blocked off by a plexiglass wall it's true. They won't let you go near the window.

THANK YOU BILL HICKS and HAPPY BIRTHDAY

edit on 12/18/2010 by SayonaraJupiter because: grammar

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 02:17 AM
link   
Most definitely miss you.

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 03:40 PM
link   
great man

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 10:26 PM
link   

The first time I heard bill hicks was at the end of Zeitgeist which was a great way to end such a heavy movie.
After watching all of the other things in the documentry it was refreshing to here him describe it all as nothing more
then a ride.
what a wonderful soul

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 05:55 AM
link   
Woooo I got Bill Hicks' book, Love all the People as a christmas present!

top topics

join