It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange to be freed on bail

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 08:10 AM
link   

WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange to be freed on bail

www.latimes.com

LONDON —
Julian Assange will be freed on bail from a British jail, a U.K. judge ruled Thursday, rejecting an appeal by prosecutors to keep the WikiLeaks founder in prison as he fights an extradition request by Sweden.

Cheers erupted outside the London court as the verdict by High Court justice Duncan Ouseley was reported. The judge then outlined the bail conditions to Assange in a packed courtroom full of lawyers, journalists and supporters
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 08:10 AM
link   
Well here we go again!!!! It says he must post 316k bail, but it doesn't say anything about Michael Moore or other conditions.

Well he was safe and secure in jail, I do worry about his safety he is pissin off people that are used to getting there way..

The circus continues and I can't wait for more leaks to show up...

www.latimes.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Whoooops double post!!!

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 08:17 AM
link   
Both Sweden and Britain are denying Appealing against his bail.
Evan assanges lawyer doesnt know who orderd the appeal against his bail.

Strange.
edit on 16-12-2010 by ThePeopleParty because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThePeopleParty

Strange.

I have found the same story on multiple news sites, but they are not reporting what the conditions for his release are, but there is conditions.

I smell the next Michael Moore film here.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 08:25 AM
link   
ABC news is reporting: Assange Granted Bail, Funds to Go Free 'Secured'

Here is the link plus some of the conditions: Assange granted bail, funds to go free secured

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 08:32 AM
link   
reply to post by ThePeopleParty

Oh, thati s such BS. I get Sweden's denial. But for Britain to come out and say that they know nothing is stupid. They are the ones who run the court system....quit being coy.

LOL...since when did the news get more intriguing than soap opera's?

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Strange.

Strange indeed.

Certainly an appeal request MUST had been recorded by the Courts.

So WHO made that appeal? Will this be our chance to see WHO are the puppet masters FINALLY, whom had much to hide and need Julian safe in a locker, should the supposed 'independent' and 'impartial' judiciary comes clean??.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by SeekerofTruth101

Yes verry strange indeed.

And I allso find it strange about the guy who lived in Briton for 10 years and then goes and blows him self up in Sweden as all this is in the news, to me it seams like they was trying to take peoples minds away from the assange case.

It would be nice to find out who ordered that appeal and why the British and Swedish govts was hiding who it was.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Probably the USA. Its easier for them to extradite him from the UK than it would be from Sweden due to existing extradition treaties.

Not sure about Assange lawyer, he looks like a bit of a mess! (must be top notch though!?) Who was the over excited blonde girl too who looked ready to rip his pants off?

edit on 16-12-2010 by ruffrider because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by SeekerofTruth101

Strange.

Strange indeed.

Certainly an appeal request MUST had been recorded by the Courts.

So WHO made that appeal? Will this be our chance to see WHO are the puppet masters FINALLY, whom had much to hide and need Julian safe in a locker, should the supposed 'independent' and 'impartial' judiciary comes clean??.

It was the British Crown Prosecution Service - I think they got outed, and have now had to acknowledge that they filed the appeal. but they are refusing to say whether there was any prior communication with Sweden. Another example of why we all need to fight for transparency.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Extradition of Mr. Assange to the U.S. doesn't look likely. The relevant treaties with both Sweden and the U.K. prohibit extraditions for political actions, which seem to fit Mr. Assange's case better than espionage. Even if espionage *were* formally alleged, the U.S. has no treaties of extradition that even mention this as a category of extraditable offenses. Ross

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by wcitizen

As far as I understand it it has to be the CPS. Nobody else can actually appeal against bail. The point is why they felt they needed to do so, when the country seeking extradition is officially 'not bothered'? Thats where the dirt is.

Time for a freedom of information request on correspondences between the Swedish Judiciary and the CPS? It would of course fail, but be mildly amusing :-)

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by LDragonFire

Right now I think Assange is this:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/279d5bb4048c.jpg[/atsimg]

Because people consume this:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/817badec49ca.jpg[/atsimg]

Instead this:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/8cd2336686ef.jpg[/atsimg]

Peace.
edit on 16-12-2010 by RUSSO because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by justwokeup
reply to post by wcitizen

As far as I understand it it has to be the CPS. Nobody else can actually appeal against bail. The point is why they felt they needed to do so, when the country seeking extradition is officially 'not bothered'? Thats where the dirt is.

Time for a freedom of information request on correspondences between the Swedish Judiciary and the CPS? It would of course fail, but be mildly amusing :-)

For sure, there's dirt in there somewhere. When it broke, Assange's lawyer said was shocked that he had been led to believe it was the Swedes. I'm sure he'll be on that like a bolt of lightening. And yes, a FOIA request might be fun - just so they know people are watching!

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Apparently Assange is off to Ellingham Hall and 600 acres of privacy. Shouldn't be too difficult to get a helicopter in and out of here.

I think this will be the last we see of him for quite some time. He is now in the perfect place to stage his exit into exile. Headline: "Assange executes a "Bond Villain" style escape"

Should have kept sequestered in the heart of London. This should get interesting. Plenty of people want him to be free as a bird and apparently his followers are willing to sacrifice their own freedom in order to grant Assange his own freedom. Sorry to say this but some of these people remind of Charles Manson's followers.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

I doubt it. That would be stupid. He's drawing all the vested interests out in ever more desperate attempts to shut him up.

By the looks of things the UK judicial system has survived the attempt to pervert it. If it continues to function as intended he wont be going anywhere for some time, if at all.

The stakes will raise, be interesting to see.

new topics

top topics

join