It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Florida Democrats pass "Martial Law Rule" thru Dec 18

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
.. there has already been some backpedaling by politicians even before taking their oaths.

My real fear is......what next? If the washout doesn't help, and if politicians continue to be politicians, then what actions are going to be necessary to make a real change?

Next step is create your own candidates, rather than going to the Republican "bone-yard". Now, if that fails then it may be time to make serious (drastic) intervention.

BTW, I don't know how you all went about picking your candidates in FL. I am basing my "bone-yard" opinion on national coverage. Seems that most TPM candidates were rehashes that lied about their agenda just to get their foot in the TPM door.
edit on 16-12-2010 by Aggie Man because: Must be filled out? Why?

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Aggie Man

We did support some big Republicans, Rick Scott, and Marco Rubio in particular. We also hand-picked a couple, Paul McKain was a real strong Independent/Libertarian, but he lost to the more popular Republican Steve Southerland.

I wish the hand-picked ones had done better. A couple of our handpicked Judges won their seats, but there was little opposition.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

Worry not. A new political movement should, in all honesty, take 2 or 3 election cycles to gain full steam. Start locally...create your own candidates and don't let the "hijackers" into the system as you progress to the national level. In all honesty, I think the TPM got a bit too overzealous, and lost credibility in the process....letting Palin be a speaker/promoter, etc...

Anything worth while take time to develop properly; otherwise, there are opportunists out there just waiting for the chance to capitalize on someone else's great idea. The TPM should spend less time denouncing the left and spend more time denouncing the right and the left equally...otherwise, non-TPM'ers know (or believe) exactly where the TPM stands.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

????? the posting has nothing to do with FLA ...those are all congressional bills ...could it be a congressional rule called "martial law" involving voting on the tax bill ..... if not your post seems like a typical repulicrat BS spin attack .....

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by fnpmitchreturns

I addressed that earlier. This came as part of a newsletter/email and it was all local news and developments and I read it as the Florida House, when it is actually the U.S. House.

It is still the Dems doing the dirty dealing, but they are doing it on the National Level, not the State Level.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
reply to post by MMPI2

I think the Democrats are the latest scorned lovers. I'm not disagreeing with you, I'm just pointing out that you could replace "Democrat" with "Politician," because if these Republicans don't follow through on their commitments, the Tea Party will be giving them the boot in 2 years and you'll get to see all their dirty tricks.

I grew up in middle and south georgia. I saw the way democrats treated black folks during the early '70s, with the whole bussing thing in georgia & alabama.

Think of Lester Maddox, Eugene Stoner and the night-riding KKK democrats that burned crosses on top of stone mountain in the mid and late 70s, and you will get a picture of the average democrat/progressive now.

Progressive / Democrats are hateful people. At their core, they hate minorities with a passion. It was the democrats that were lynching blacks in the early 1900s in what is now suburban atlanta, and it was your democrat that did everything he/she could to prevent educational integration.

The progressive / democrat now uses the minority voter only for return to office. The actual sentiment is one of viewing blacks, hispanics, etc. as "useless eaters."

I am frankly surprised and appalled that any minority or any freedom loving person would support the "progressive cause".

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join