It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police: Occult Rituals involved in Animal Decapitations

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating

Originally posted by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi
When did animal mutilation automatically mean "occult ritual"? What bloody ignorance just to talk down the occult, IMO.

Did they find any ritualistic evidence or just a pile of dead animals? Last time I checked, cutting off animals' heads in the first step in processing/butchering them for food; it has nothing to do with religion.

You cant rule out a ritualistic purpose, especially considering that someone described in which Religions they occur and what purpose decapitating goats has.

Whats your alternative explanation? Someone just cut off heads and dumbed the bodies on the side of the road, because...?

I have extensive beliefs in occult knowledge, and I have never seen or even had interest in anything to do with ritualistic sacrifice. Voodooism is a different story, but this doesn't seem to fit the description unless they've found elaborate ritualistic markings somewhere to collaborate.

And I've always assumed that Satanism was all about ritualistic sacrifice. I don't know or care much about Satanism, but what I do know is that it has little to do with actual occult values and is more or less a polarized religion in response to Christianity.

As for a bunch of headless animals found on the street? Probably just a prank to screw with people's heads because they seem to be to stupid to know any better. I've heard about pranks like this before. And really think about it, if some shady religious sect ritualistically killed a bunch of animals, would they advertise their activities by dumping the bodies in public?

EDIT: Just to add, look at the ritualistic context of the story and how it is based solely off of the animals involved. I've heard of instances where somebody decapitated dozens of bald eagles and right off the bat it was spun as a hate crime against Native culture.
edit on 17-12-2010 by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by IAMIAM
In fact, some scholars believe it is these traditions which evolved into modern day Judaism and then Christianity.

I guess I should have said it the other way around. But, the point still stands. Santaria is a merging of Yoruba, Roman Catholicism and Indian traditions.

But, thanks for the informative post.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 01:26 PM
link   

I have extensive beliefs in occult knowledge, and I have never seen or even had interest in anything to do with ritualistic sacrifice

Enough occult knowledge to decipher my avatar?

I dont automatically link occult practices to evil and animal sacrifices. Im not one of "those"

But as far as the public is concerned voodoo-ism = occult practice and I strongly disagree with ruling that out.
You say it might be a prank, but thats a lot of effort for "just a prank", a lot of effort and also legal danger for doing something that would serve no purpose.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

I agree..

Pranks are fun and light; this is twisted and messed up........

We used to door bell ditch; not chop heads off animals and leave em at the park

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by squirelnutz
Pranks are fun and light; this is twisted and messed up........

It is only "twisted and messed up" because you are unfamiliar with the practice my friend. It is a condition known as culture shock. To those who have grown up in these traditions or even new comers who have been initiated into these traditions, it is perfectly normal.

I have left carcasses in places such as cemeteries, along the highway, river backs, the beach, and at various crossroads. It all depends on the work being done. The only place I had to leave an offering that made me nervous was one time I had to do so at a police station to fix some legal issues. I thought that one would raise eye brows, but it did not, or I should say I wasn't seen doing so.

Generally speaking, most carcasses are eaten unless the work being done was "cleansing". Then the carcass is considered contaminated and must be left for the spirits to deal with.

While my days of performing such rituals are well in my past, it is interesting to have an insiders point of view when these things make it to the news by the unfamiliar.

To be clear, none of this has anything to do with Satanism.

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 07:56 PM
link   
It's Utah. Mormon Land. Any killing and beheading of animals is going to be considered "satanic" and by default "occult".

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating

I have extensive beliefs in occult knowledge, and I have never seen or even had interest in anything to do with ritualistic sacrifice

Enough occult knowledge to decipher my avatar?

Well first off, it's a common alchemist symbol from the anime Full Metal Alchemist

Indepth, it is of a pythagorean geometric nature. I wish I could study more about alchemy and its geometrical "transfusion" characteristics, but I have to focus on other things for the time being. However, in my opinion, such pythagorean symbolism is clearly an attempt by man to map out metaphysics and how we can manipulate such powers.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMIAM

I hear you, but i'm saying if it was a prank, it's a messed up prank..

You weren't doing it for a prank though.. At least, i don't think you were.....

I don't know if it was sinister or not, probably never will, but it was gruesome

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join