It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police: Occult Rituals involved in Animal Decapitations

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 06:38 AM
link   

Police: Occult Rituals involved in Animal Decapitations

www.deseretnews.com

Seven dead chickens and a dead goat — most of the animals decapitated — were discovered on a sidewalk Monday in Park City.

Now, police are trying to determine if people involved in some sort of cult or religious ritual are responsible.

An anonymous tip lead police to the corner of Bonanza Drive and Munchkin Road just after 2 p.m.

"The animals had been dumped on a street corner," said Park City Police Capt. Rick Ryan. "They weren't piled on top of each other. It had to take time to set them out. They were all laid out together. All but one of the chickens had their heads remove
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 06:38 AM
link   
Does anyone have any idea what the ritualistic purposes of Animal Decapitations are, apart from being plain cruel?

What are they hoping to achieve? We hear of such rituals and see their results across the world, but the perpetrators and their aims usually remain in the dark.

More from the article:

"Ryan said the incident seems to be more than just juvenile mischief.

"We're not looking at it as a prank," he said. "Some type of religious or satanic ritual, that's where the focus is going to be."

www.deseretnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 06:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

Pardon my ignorance but is this in the US?
Doesn't say so in the link...

The situation sounds very strange..Why would they do this and leave the bodies?
Sounds like a sick joke more than an occult ritual to me..

Rituals are normally performed out of sight, not in a park..

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 06:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by backinblack

Park City, Bonanza Drive, and Munchkin street? are you kidding me? sounds like a hoax. or some wannabe kids. even if a real occultist was going to sacrifice an animal, i'd think they'd be discreet about it.

sounds like some 80's satanic scare nonsense
edit on 16-12-2010 by Electric Crown because: devil made me do it

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 06:51 AM
link   

The newspaper is from Utah so its probably there.

It looks as if they desposed of the bodies (but not the heads) after they performed the ritual

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 06:53 AM
link   
Maybe it was an effort to open some kind of portal for a supposed evil spirit.

Maybe it was to please some obscure comet in a galaxy far far away.

Maybe it was to get some brownie points off of the supposed Satan.

Or maybe it was just some sick kids who got hold of a kitchen knife and some chickens. I guess we will probably never know the real truth.

What worries me is that this could lead to it being humans decapitated and left on the street for all to view. Then we really would have a problem. Satanic cult killings aren't the easiest puzzles to solve when there are many members.
edit on 26/10/2010 by TechUnique because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 07:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Electric Crown

Park City, Bonanza Drive, and Munchkin street? are you kidding me? sounds like a hoax. or some wannabe kids. even if a real occultist was going to sacrifice an animal, i'd think they'd be discreet about it.

sounds like some 80's satanic scare nonsense
edit on 16-12-2010 by Electric Crown because: devil made me do it

Nope, it really is there..
maps.google.com.au...,+Park+City,+UT,+USA&gl=au&ei=t RAKTbSQOY3KrAe1mMDVDg&sa=X&oi=geocode_result&ct=image&resnum=1&ved=0CBYQ8gEwAA
edit on 16-12-2010 by backinblack because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 07:49 AM
link   
Park City, Utah, home of the Sundance Film Festival. Very upscale. Considered to be the most liberal city in Utah.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 08:12 AM
link   
Such ritual sacrifice is performed in the Afro-carribean religions of Palomayombe and Lukumi (Santeria), as well as Haitian Vodou. The animals being disposed of on a corner of a major thoroughfare is normal in these practices. It is done as an offering of the spirit of the cross roads of the particular faith.

Palomayombe - Lucero
Lukumi/Santeria - Elegua
Vodou - Papa Legba

There was probably a small amount of change (money) left with the animal carcasses that went unnoticed. It would be four pennies, nickles, dimes etc.

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMIAM

Thanks for the Explanations. Any idea what specifically is invoked with goats?

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating
reply to post by IAMIAM

Thanks for the Explanations. Any idea what specifically is invoked with goats?

Goats are used in Palomayombe when creating a Prenda (Nganga), or when someone needs a lot of protection. The same is done in Santeria. I think it was mentioned that one chicken still had its head intact. This is usually the case when the animal was used to trap a "bad" spirit in it.

Considering the animals were deposited and not eaten, this was mostly likely done by a person who was performing a ritual similar to an exorcism. The animals who had the heads removed were offered to the priests spirits to give them the strength to force out the bad spirit from who they were helping. The chicken (most likely roosters actually) with the head intact acted as a vessel to trap the bad spirit.

There is no way to know which spirit was invoked by the animals without knowing more details about how they were deposited. I'd have to see the scene. I can only deduce what kind of work was being done.

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMIAM

Thanks for the Detail. Excellent.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 12:15 AM
link   
When did animal mutilation automatically mean "occult ritual"? What bloody ignorance just to talk down the occult, IMO.

Did they find any ritualistic evidence or just a pile of dead animals? Last time I checked, cutting off animals' heads in the first step in processing/butchering them for food; it has nothing to do with religion.

edit on 17-12-2010 by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 12:26 AM
link   

Yeah, because the police are soooooo smart to actually solve a single crime?

I doubt it highly as they have a policy to not employ those with an IQ greater than 80 (which is basically just above retarded).

Judge Dorsey ruled that Mr. Jordan was not denied equal protection because the city of New London applied the same standard to everyone: anyone who scored too high was rejected.

forums.canadiancontent.net...

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating

Does anyone have any idea what the ritualistic purposes of Animal Decapitations are, apart from being plain cruel?

Try looking up Leviticus and asking the so-called Christians around here. They should know. It is explicitely told to them how to do it there. But, at least they know the one about a man sleeping with a man.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 12:31 AM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

Don't get the police wrong. They are soooo smart. Just this year in Texas (I believe) the cops took a whole day and all their manpower to weed the local park............of weeds.

edit on 17-12-2010 by Nutter because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 01:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi

oh this is Utah , if you sneeze in the wind it is a Occult ritual.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 03:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi
When did animal mutilation automatically mean "occult ritual"? What bloody ignorance just to talk down the occult, IMO.

Did they find any ritualistic evidence or just a pile of dead animals? Last time I checked, cutting off animals' heads in the first step in processing/butchering them for food; it has nothing to do with religion.

You cant rule out a ritualistic purpose, especially considering that someone described in which Religions they occur and what purpose decapitating goats has.

Whats your alternative explanation? Someone just cut off heads and dumbed the bodies on the side of the road, because...?

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Question:

Why do the police automatically assume it's "occult"?

Santaria has it's roots in Christianity.

The book of Leviticus says:

10 And if his offering be of the flock, whether of the sheep, or of the goats, for a burnt-offering, he shall offer it a male without blemish.
יא וְשָׁחַט אֹתוֹ עַל יֶרֶךְ הַמִּזְבֵּחַ, צָפֹנָה--לִפְנֵי יְהוָה; וְזָרְקוּ בְּנֵי אַהֲרֹן הַכֹּהֲנִים אֶת-דָּמוֹ, עַל-הַמִּזְבֵּחַ--סָבִיב. 11 And he shall kill it on the side of the altar northward before the LORD; and Aaron's sons, the priests, shall dash its blood against the altar round about.
יב וְנִתַּח אֹתוֹ לִנְתָחָיו, וְאֶת-רֹאשׁוֹ וְאֶת-פִּדְרוֹ; וְעָרַךְ הַכֹּהֵן, אֹתָם, עַל-הָעֵצִים אֲשֶׁר עַל-הָאֵשׁ, אֲשֶׁר עַל-הַמִּזְבֵּחַ. 12 And he shall cut it into its pieces; and the priest shall lay them, with its head and its suet, in order on the wood that is on the fire which is upon the altar.
יג וְהַקֶּרֶב וְהַכְּרָעַיִם, יִרְחַץ בַּמָּיִם; וְהִקְרִיב הַכֹּהֵן אֶת-הַכֹּל, וְהִקְטִיר הַמִּזְבֵּחָה--עֹלָה הוּא אִשֵּׁה רֵיחַ נִיחֹחַ, לַיהוָה. [פ] 13 But the inwards and the legs shall he wash with water; and the priest shall offer the whole, and make it smoke upon the altar; it is a burnt-offering, an offering made by fire, of a sweet savour unto the LORD.

Among other ways to sacrifice animals.

So, why aren't they assuming Christians or Jews did this?

edit on 17-12-2010 by Nutter because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nutter
Santaria has it's roots in Christianity.

I am sorry but this statement is incorrect my friend.

Santeria has its roots in the Yoruba (modern day Nigeria) tribal traditions of IFA. There ritual sacrifice has been practised long before Christianity or even Judaism was conceived. In fact, some scholars believe it is these traditions which evolved into modern day Judaism and then Christianity. During the slave trade Nigerians were relocated to Cuba to work on the Sugar cane plantations. The slave owners tried to strip the slaves of their native identity. This included forbidding the worship of their native spirits. The slaves were not so weak minded though. They learned about the Christian Saints from their slave Masters. What they found was that the Saints each possessed attributes that closely resembled their native spirits. So, they placed images of the Saints on their altars as a mask of their native spirits. The unknowing slave owners welcomed this as they saw it as a conversion to Christianity. In reality, the same rites were performed to their native spirits, only the names and faces were different.

Even to this day, many modern Cubans will attend Sunday mass, but got to a Santero or a Palero for matters of the Spirit.

With Love,

Your Brother
edit on 17-12-2010 by IAMIAM because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join