It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Iran Threat to Kill American Generals Is Real, Experts Say" Fox News

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 06:35 AM
link   
foxnews.com

EXCLUSIVE: A leader of Iran’s powerful Revolutionary Guard is promising that American generals will be targeted and killed in revenge for last week's attacks on two of his country's leading nuclear scientists -- a threat Middle East experts say must be taken seriously. In a speech published in Farsi at an Iranian website linked to the Revolutionary Guard, Brig. Gen. Mohammad Reza Naghdi was quoted as saying that “the filthy Americans and the Zionists should not think that with killing our scientists, they can divert our nation from its path of Jihad and scare us.” He continued with a specific threat: “We will mark the hanging sites of the American and Zionist generals and we will identify which hanging was in retaliation for the blood of our great martyr Shahriari.” Naghdi, commander of the Revolutionary Guard's Basij Forces, was referring to Dr. Majid Shahriari, a leading Iranian nuclear scientist who was reportedly heading efforts to fight the Stuxnet virus that has crippled Iran’s nuclear program. Both Shahriari and another leading scientist, Fereidoun Abbasi, were targeted in simultaneous attacks last week in Tehran. As the men were driving to work, motorcyclists pulled up to their cars and attached magnetic explosive devices to them. The attackers drove off as the bombs exploded.

I wonder what would make Brig. Gen. Mohammad Reza Naghdi confident enough to make this statement. I have heard from many mainstream and alternative news sites that Iran has blamed Israel, UK, and USA for these two separate attacks as well as recent bombings and public resistance.

I for one do not doubt that those 3 countries would commit these types of attacks on Iran but I wonder what "proof" Iran has.

news.yahoo.com

TEHRAN (AFP) – Iran said on Thursday it has arrested "some elements" working with Western spy agencies and connected to the murder of a senior nuclear scientist, amid claims Tehran's scientists were the targets of "terrorists." "The three spy agencies of Mossad, CIA and MI6 had a role in the (attacks) and, with the arrest of these people, we will find new clues to arrest other elements," Intelligence Minister Heydar Moslehi was quoted as saying on state television's website. Moslehi did not say how many people were arrested or what specifically they are accused of. He only said they were a part of a "major group" that took part in the killing and that planned to carry out "widespread missions."

I have always approached the Iran vs USA/Israel with care. I am still not quite sure to make about all this. We all know that the western media is as corrupt as it gets and will spew out any lie that TPTB tell them to. But we also know that Iran is no saint.

I must admit in my opinion Iran is incorrectly portrayed by the media to the world with endless mounds of propaganda for years now. I do not think Iran having a nuclear weapon would be a good idea, but I do not think they have any ambitions for this yet.

Iran has increased military spending and become more reliant on it's own infrastructure, and the western powers see that as a threat. Iran had no choice after the UN resolutions that they kept on getting slapped with. All it did was make them stronger so the media uses that to demonize them.

I also wonder how Iran plans to target these US generals. Would it be a similar assassination attempt? Would be possibly done on American soil, or international American base?

I find these statements of Brig. Gen. Mohammad Reza Naghdi to be very bold. He is either rattling his saber , or Iran may really have some substantial proof that USA, UK, and Israeli Intelligence assassinated the one scientist and wounded the other.

Anyone remember the Hamas leader who was assassinated in Dubai this summer? Israelis used faked European passports. That has been discussed on here and the mainstream media has even covered this story. Feel free to research if you don't believe me. I do not find it worthy of finding a source because it is common knowledge

I never condone murder, but I believe in an eye for an eye. If these 3 countries that Iran are accusing actually did this, then they very well deserve to be punished, even if it is in retaliation by assassination.

Any thoughts?
edit on 16-12-2010 by Corruption Exposed because: spelling

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 06:44 AM
link   
If Iran really has evidence, they are keeping their cool and are being methodical about this. The US would attack any country that assassinates any of it's generals. Yet Iran hast 2 of their scientists attacked on their own soil and only make a few announcements via the media and a few arrests.

Then again Iran knows better than to strike first with all the US fire power in the region. But the US knows as well that if it were to go to war with Iran that they would also take on heavy casualties and lose lots of expensive war machines while doing so.

I sure hope we can all find a peaceful resolution to all of this , even though I highly doubt that is possible since war brings money, and TPTB are as greedy as it gets and they have had there eyes on Iran since before the 1980's

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 07:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

What I will never understand is why people are afraid of Iran having nukes? Are people that brainwashed? North Korea, India, Israel, and Pakistan are all countries that have nukes and, in my opinion, should NOT have them. Iran is surrounded on all sides by the U.S. so what is going to really happen if Iran gets nukes? I think the power of the Muslim world would shift to the Shiite Islamic nation of Iran if Iran gets nukes, which is why Saudi Arabia, Israel, UK, and America fears Iran the most. They have Saudi Arabia - the Muslim capital of the world - in their pocket and with that, Saudi Arabia can help influence the West with Islam and keep the Muslim world quiet on Western imperialism. The leaders of Saudi Arabia does not care about Islam. It is a tool. Nothing more. Israel, the UK, and America fears an independent Iran that doesn't need Western Influence.

People who say Iran is out to get Israel should realize how powerful and how well-defended Israel is. Israel is not some little defenseless country but a giant in terms of military power and intelligence. Not to mention the fact that Iran KNOWS if it attacks ANYONE, that'd be the excuse America needs to start a war with Iran. Therefore, Iran should be careful about the moves it is making. Sure, Iran leader claims he wants to destroy Israel but that could be propaganda. It could be that he wants Zionism gone - NOT Jews gone. There are about 50-70 thousand Jews living in Iran so don't talk about antisemitism.

I like the general's statement. It's good to see a country not shrug and go "Oh well.". Too bad America shrugs at the war going on at the U.S.-Mexico border but that's another story. I don't wish death on any American soldier or general but don't hit a rattlesnake and expect it not to strike back.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Definition of an EXPERT:

A DRIP under PRESSURE

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by DevilJin

The reason people fear Iran having nukes is because they are brainwashed by the media and are told all day every day how bad it would be.

But... honestly... Iran having Nukes would be bad for the overall region. If Iran had nukes Israel would just nuke them first then Iran would strike back then we have ww3 on our hands, and a lot of dead innocent people.

As long as Israel continues to be the corrupt regime that it is, all other regional powers must sit on the sidelines and not piss off Israel too much, only to a avoid war and destruction. We must sit back and watch tptb do what ever they want because anyone who tries to stop them will be dealt with

USA/Israel officials would love war with Iran. But Iran is proving to be a tougher opponent. Unlike the other countries the Us/Israeli war mongerers are used to bullying.

Don't forget who Russia and China would side with if shtf.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Saudi Arabia hates Israel and they have nukes.

How come nobody's up in arms WE are selling Saudi Arabia a bunch of new airplanes to carry their nukes into Israel or all that other military hardware we're giving Saudi.

Israel fears Saudi Arabia more than Iran. The Saudi King, 86 year old fart just had a second back surgery.

When he kicks the bucket his replacement will be anti-Israel..anti-US. EVERYONE in Saudi Arabia hates America/ISRAEL.

They're still chopping the heads off of Jewish Rabbi's they occassionally catch in their country.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 11:32 AM
link   
I don't buy that the Leader of the Revolutionary Guard ever said such a thing.
They probably grabbed some quote off a blog and attributed it to him.
Iran has a "jihad"? Since when?

Iran has been hounded mercilessly for decades due to their not wanting multinational corporations stealing the wealth of their nation.

Despite years of embargo and relentless propaganda Iran still hasn't started any wars nor have they been implicated in any black ops in any other country.

Pure hate of Islam and resistance to corporate interests are the only reasons we continue to malign Iran and their leadership. So what if they have a religious ruling party? So does the Vatican yet no one is insisting that we attack the St. Peters basilica.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Pervius

Saudi Arabia hates Israel and they have nukes. How come nobody's up in arms WE are selling Saudi Arabia a bunch of new airplanes to carry their nukes into Israel or all that other military hardware we're giving Saudi.

The reason people are not worried about Saudi nukes... is because Saudi Arabia does not have nukes. If you don't believe me go to this wikipedia link.

Saudi Arabia gets their fair share of criticism on here and in the real world of political discussion. They are well known for their human rights abuses and large military funding. But they certainly do not have nuclear weapons. Why would they need them when they have the USA in their back pocket?
edit on 16-12-2010 by Corruption Exposed because: punctuation

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Pervius

Are you serious? You could not be more wrong. Saudi Arabia (the royal family at least) LOVES Israel and is working side by side with Israel to make sure the Middle East is controlled. According to Wikileaks, Saudi Arabia fears Iran more than it does Israel. Israel loves Saudi Arabia because Saudi Arabia is bought and under control. Ever wonder why the Saudi kings are NEVER critical of Israel? Never supportive of Palestinians or any other Middle-Eastern Muslim country or people? It's because they don't care.

Once the old guy dies, then one of his sons will take over and it'll probably be worst for the Saudi people but not for Israel or any other country.

P.S. They chop off ANYONE's head they want to.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

So, Iran should not exercise its freedom to have a nuclear program (which does not mean nukes) because psychotic Israel will be given a reason to attack and yet be made to look like they were doing the world a favor? God, the world is truly screwed up if that's true.

Has anyone considered the benefit of having nukes will give you leverage? That's the beauty of them - you don't have to use them in order to get your way.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

I don't buy that the Leader of the Revolutionary Guard ever said such a thing. They probably grabbed some quote off a blog and attributed it to him. Iran has a "jihad"? Since when? Iran has been hounded mercilessly for decades due to their not wanting multinational corporations stealing the wealth of their nation.

I definitely agree that could very well be possible. One time Mahmoud said "rid the world of the Zionist regime" and the western media turned it into "wipe them off the face of the map". So it could possibly be have been mistranslated purposely to cause more drama for what they are trying to have over there. I found it hard to believe that that Rev Guard would have said that, but the source seems legit. But I have no way of verifying.

The source of this "quote" is a quote from a speech he made that was published online. Perhaps we need to look into this more to see if it is reliable or not. I think they are finally fed up and are willing to do something about it. Just my 2 cents.

In a speech published in Farsi at an Iranian website linked to the Revolutionary Guard, Brig. Gen. Mohammad Reza Naghdi was quoted as saying that “the filthy Americans and the Zionists should not think that with killing our scientists, they can divert our nation from its path of Jihad and scare us.” He continued with a specific threat: “We will mark the hanging sites of the American and Zionist generals and we will identify which hanging was in retaliation for the blood of our great martyr Shahriari."

I also agree that Iran has been messed with for a long time, and they have handled it very well. It has made them stronger which angers and worries some of their neighbors.

top topics

join