It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Decriminalise all drugs, says ex-minister Bob Ainsworth

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 06:18 PM
link   
I believe these laws should have never been allowed to be be implemented. People should have the freedom to do what they wish to themselves as long as it dose not infringe on anyone else-es rights. True freedom is not given it has to be taken!

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by blacklist
reply to post by Catch_a_Fire

the price or taxation of drugs is irrelevant.

Perhaps... but for those interested...

Apparently it would cost an estimated 5-7 million and 5-7 years to develop prescribed dosages and clinical programs for each substance - MDMA for e.g would have 3 different dosage levels and associated programs of visits to the doctor and or therapist. They were getting some serious funding too - it turns out that people suffering from cluster headaches find relief through scillocibin - theres over 100 testimonies to that affect - anyway one sufferer was/is the wife of the number 28 employee of microsoft who donated $50000. Apparently this sort of thing happens all the time and MAPS are quickly gathering the required funds.
and from what I've heard Joe Bloggs 2.0 would pay something like $1200 for 10grams of '___' in this hypothesised future clinical program.

Source - Rick Doblin speech 2005 - "Psychedelics & Marijuana: Therapy, Re-creation & Politics"

-B.M
edit on 16/12/10 by B.Morrison because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Marijuana is a herb. It grows from the ground. Natives have smoked it for thousands of years. Why? Because it shifts you train of thought. Here's my description: Normal, sober, thought is like looking through iron sights on a rifle. You can vaguely see your target along with anything in the peripheral (so in other words, you vaguely analyze the entire situation in front of you). Thinking with THC is like looking through a scope; you can see every detail about your target and analyze it in great depth while blocking out unnecessary information in your periphery.

So in other words, marijuana really helps with focusing. It improves comprehension of music and art in general. It is a spiritual drug because it gives you insight, not only into the world around you, but into yourself as well.

And face it, drugs are everywhere. Coffee is loaded with caffeine, which is rough on the human structure and can even kill a person. Endorphins in sex are drugs. MSG in food is a drug. In fact, marijuana is much safer than a lot of legal drugs like caffeine or alcohol. For instance, nobody has ever died from smoking marijuana, but countless people have died from drinking too much coffee or alcohol.

I'll have to agree with this. I've never read a single report of someone dying of a THC overdose. It's nearly impossible. I read somewhere once that in order to OD you would have to ingest (smoke, whatever) almost 1,500 lbs of marijuana in a matter of 15 mins. Compared to the annual 500 tylenol related deaths, I don't see why decriminalizing marijuana is a big deal.
[No, I'm not providing links for these facts, if you care enough, google it yourself]

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 06:44 PM
link   
this is a clear sign that the governments attitude towards drug use is changing and could be legalized in the not too distant future

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by ZiggyMojo

I couldn't have said it better myself. I completely agree - great speech.

I think we also need to delete the word "drug" from the English language. It ranges from sugar to heroin. People just hear the word "drug" and get scared.
All substances should be legal, we just need to educate people about them. It should be entirely up to the individual if they wish to take them or not. Dangerous drugs should be more difficult to purchase than safe drugs going off their LD-50 test results.

People are going to get addicted to all sorts of things whether they are legal or not.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by casijones

Marijuana is a herb. It grows from the ground. Natives have smoked it for thousands of years. Why? Because it shifts you train of thought. Here's my description: Normal, sober, thought is like looking through iron sights on a rifle. You can vaguely see your target along with anything in the peripheral (so in other words, you vaguely analyze the entire situation in front of you). Thinking with THC is like looking through a scope; you can see every detail about your target and analyze it in great depth while blocking out unnecessary information in your periphery.

So in other words, marijuana really helps with focusing. It improves comprehension of music and art in general. It is a spiritual drug because it gives you insight, not only into the world around you, but into yourself as well.

And face it, drugs are everywhere. Coffee is loaded with caffeine, which is rough on the human structure and can even kill a person. Endorphins in sex are drugs. MSG in food is a drug. In fact, marijuana is much safer than a lot of legal drugs like caffeine or alcohol. For instance, nobody has ever died from smoking marijuana, but countless people have died from drinking too much coffee or alcohol.

I'll have to agree with this. I've never read a single report of someone dying of a THC overdose. It's nearly impossible. I read somewhere once that in order to OD you would have to ingest (smoke, whatever) almost 1,500 lbs of marijuana in a matter of 15 mins. Compared to the annual 500 tylenol related deaths, I don't see why decriminalizing marijuana is a big deal.
[No, I'm not providing links for these facts, if you care enough, google it yourself]

It's the same with psilocybin - you'd have to eat your body-weight in mushrooms to OD. But doing that would be impossible.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Also note that 'alternative' , legal highs are in a lot of cases more dangerous than the REAL drug itself.

I'm on the fence, i believe education is the first step to avoid demonization and also temptation.

Some drugs like heroin, crack, pcp, meth etc are very bad for you.

'___' is a drug that is open to abuse, but also has many properties that can be used to good, if used in moderation, whilst ecstasy etc is generally harmless.

The problem is: Many kids go out and buy pills, thinking they are ecstasy pills - when in actual fact they are generally ketamine, speed or a mixture of stuff.

The danger with illegal drugs is ignorance. The fact that they are illegal offers temptation. If they were moderated, educated and not as 'daring' then i think there'd be less of a problem.

Oh and cannabis, i think has many wonderful properties from pain killing, anxiety ease and other such beneficial qualities.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Won't happen because our alphabet agencies bring in, sell and use the money for their covert operations. The drug trade alone brings in tens of billions of dollars each year that are not "accountable".

Read Blue Planet Project

Can down load the free e-book here: www.4shared.com...

Go to the link below for a really good thread explaining MJ-12's many "interests" and how they operate.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Page 10 of 114 "MJ-12 is the name of the secret contol group inside the Jason Society. The top twelve (12) members of the thirty two (32) memebers of the Jason Society were designated the MJ-12. MJ-12 has total control of everything. They are designated by the code J-1, J-2, J-3, etc. all the way through the members of the Jason Society. The director of Central intelligence was appointed J-1 and is hte Director of the MJ-12 group. MJ-12 is responsible only to the President of the United States. Believe it or not, MJ-12 runs most of the worlds illegal drug trade. This was done to hide funding and thus keep the secret from the Congress and the people of the United States. It was justified in that it would identify and eliminate the weak and undesired elements of society.

* The actual cost of funding the Alien connected projects is higher than anything you can imagine?

Source: Shown above: Blue Planet Project Alien Technical Research -25 Westchester Camp - Office of Central Research #3

Going to the thread below will give you massive amounts of e-books and articles from the link on this post.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

The rabbit hole just goes deeper and deeper.

Fractions of our government are corrupt on so many levels. (Not all but enough to really cause the planet a feces amount of problems).

Happy reading.
edit on 16-12-2010 by ofhumandescent because: spelling & grammar

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 07:40 PM
link   
meth/lazertag combos?

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pakd-on-mystery

Originally posted by Somehumanbeing
reply to post by SeaWind

Drugs never helped anyone, and never will.

Wrong! I believe Bill Hicks stated something to the effect of “If you don't think drugs have done good things for us, then take all of your records, tapes and CD's and burn them.”

He said this because almost every musician who has created the beautiful music that has enriched so many lives has been high on drugs.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Pakd-on-mystery

ok i get that young kids a impreshionable and believe what they say but the drug market as it is today doesnt care who buys the drugs as long as their making money granted there are some dealers who wont sell to kids but not all by decriminalising drugs you can better control who is buying the stuff slap an age restriction on it just like alcohol and you can control it better then letting the dealers sell the stuff also by decriminalising it you get better purity no nasty chemicals that can make you sick or worse there is no down side to decriminalising some drugs because as it stands anyone can buy it if you know where to go and you dont know whats in it unless you cooked the stuff yourself.

wasnt this guy the one that told the brittish prime minister that marijuana and extasy were better for you then alcohol then got fired?? im from new zealand and marijuana is a class c drug (dont know what it is where you guys are) but if alcohol was to be put into the missuse of drugs act it'd be classed as a class b drug something readily avaliable causes more harm then something illegal

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 08:07 PM
link   
If we would decriminalize drugs in the U.S., our jails would be pretty much empty. On the other hand, we could regulate them, make sure the impurities are gone, and then fix the budget deficit in less than five years if we taxed them.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 08:44 PM
link   
legalizing class A drugs?

this guys smoking crack!

I don't think the health services can treat that many overdoses and addiction cases in such a move..

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 08:54 PM
link   
I tink that all drugs should be decriminalized ...BUT....I think that they should be sold by drug stores and monitored by doctors and everyone would have only so much that they could actually purchase a month. Of course, there would be outside sharing and people would save up and have more for the next month (possibly) as well as people making money by selling the drugs on a cheaper market than the drug stores, but this would definately take care of the drug cartels......and after all, isn't that the big problem now? America seems to want everyone dead any way....they would legalize everything if there was no money in illegal drug trafficking...isn't that right George Bush Sr.? (knows GB is not going to read post, was making point.)

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by blangger
I believe these laws should have never been allowed to be be implemented. People should have the freedom to do what they wish to themselves as long as it dose not infringe on anyone else-es rights. True freedom is not given it has to be taken!

The only real problem is that many that do drugs, get so wacked out on them that they DO hurt others and also do things they wouldn't do while sober. If they could find a way to control this, I am all for it.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Pakd-on-mystery

How dare you glorify any type of drug on a forum visited by kids and teenagers? No matter what drug......A DRUG IS A DRUG.

Hmmm... sounds good. But just what IS a drug anyway?

drug (drug) 1. a chemical substance that affects the processes of the mind or body.

Well now that we know that... let's see what exactly falls into this category.

- caffeine
- nicotine
- alcohol

I certainly hope you haven't glorified any of those. After all, a drug is a drug right?

(by the way... caffeine, nicotine and alcohol are all more addictive and dangerous than THC)

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 08:57 PM
link   
I believe all Entheogens should be legalized.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by casijones

Yeah....nothing to say bad about mary.
\second

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 09:01 PM
link   
I wonder what he'd say after some tweaker on meth breaks into his house, murders his wife and rapes his dog?

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by jerico65
I wonder what he'd say after some tweaker on meth breaks into his house, murders his wife and rapes his dog?

Are you implying that "legal" PCP would somehow be more lethal than "illegal" PCP?
What about the fact that all the law enforcement resources used to fight against the drug trade could be used to fight against murderers and dog rapists?

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join