It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

TOO LATE FOR PROTESTS!!

page: 1
0
<<   2 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2003 @ 09:18 PM
link   
I respect everyone's opinion that is anti-war but I hope that they realize it's too late to stop it, and although they still might not agree with it, I really hope our troops get the support they need. You have to face the truth, WE ARE GOING TO WAR!!! Our troops (US,UK,allies) are set to invade and they dont need to watch the news back home and see any more anti-war protests. These are VERY courageous men and women who are willing to sacrifice their lives and freedom for ours. Again, I respect if you are anti-war but dont hold our service men and women responsible, they are just doing their job and they need us civilians back home to be behind them, regardless of your view on the war. I would hate to see people treat them like they did the Vietnam vets when they returned home. I'm sure I'll get some negative response but so be it. We just need to pull together, put our flags out, and pray for the least possible number of casualties.




posted on Mar, 17 2003 @ 09:20 PM
link   
I highly agree. I dont really agree with the base reasons for going to war, but at the moment, we are committed, and hundreds of thousands of American lives are currently on the line. If we are going to do it, lets get on with it, lets rain everything we have on them, get it over with, and bring everyone home ALIVE.



posted on Mar, 17 2003 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProudAmerican
I respect everyone's opinion


The troops wont be affected by our chattering they are forbidden from having internet



posted on Mar, 17 2003 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Amen to that ProudAmerican......

Everyone come on in for the big win and support our guys over there.



posted on Mar, 17 2003 @ 09:30 PM
link   
The troops wont be affected by our chattering they are forbidden from having internet Posted by Karl Molarius

That sounds an awful lot like it doesnt matter if you wish for your sick uncle to hurry up and die so that you can have your inheritance, just because he cant hear you in the next room...



posted on Mar, 17 2003 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Karl Molarius

Originally posted by ProudAmerican
I respect everyone's opinion


The troops wont be affected by our chattering they are forbidden from having internet


What are you talking about? They do have access to TV's. CNN was interviewing some of them and you should have heard some of those interviews. Dont you have anything good to contribute?



posted on Mar, 17 2003 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by dragonrider
That sounds an awful lot like it doesnt matter if you wish for your sick uncle to hurry up and die so that you can have your inheritance, just because he cant hear you in the next room...


If you want to moralize on the issue, please post again what you said about the liberation of Bagdad



posted on Mar, 17 2003 @ 09:43 PM
link   
If you want to moralize on the issue, please post again what you said about the liberation of Bagdad Posted by Karl Molarius

I stated that there was a possibility that US forces might well end up carpet bombing all of downtown Baghdad with FAEs, irregardless of civilian causualties. It could well be rationalized that due to the likelihood of ambushes within the city with WMD, all civilians would likely die anyway.

I also said that I didnt say it was right, or acceptable. But I could see the military going that way, and it was likely the only way to get out that scenario without sustaining extreme numbers of causualties.

Does that make it right, morally or otherwise? Not at all. I think such a plan of action would be reprehensible. Does that remove it from the realm of possibility? No.

All of the above does not change the fact that there are over a quarter of a million Americans in harms way right now. This is basically a case of choosing the lesser of two evils. You just have to choose a side and figure out if you want to have an equal number of Americans die as Iraqis, or should we at least bring our own people home alive????



posted on Mar, 17 2003 @ 09:48 PM
link   
"Proud American" in with you son! What ever your view, your troops over in Iraq need you, so it is your obligation to support them and you will. If you don't you should be treated as a trator, and that is beacuse you are!
No more points of view, only support!
Aussie,Aussie,Aussie, Oi,Oi,Oi!!
May God bless us all in this time of hardship and may all be well.



posted on Mar, 17 2003 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Cant really disagree with that...



posted on Mar, 17 2003 @ 09:52 PM
link   


STOP CHANGING THE SUBJECT!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Ok, back to the subject : war isnt declared yet, so i dont feel obliged to shut up.



posted on Mar, 17 2003 @ 10:19 PM
link   
KM, I personally, and I believe Proud American would agree, are quite happy to discuss matters that you are leading to on another thread (you and I already are), however, considering the basis of this thread, please respect the point of the thread....



posted on Mar, 18 2003 @ 01:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Karl Molarius

Ok, back to the subject : war isnt declared yet, so i dont feel obliged to shut up.


I wasn't asking you to shut up, just to stick with the thread.



posted on Mar, 18 2003 @ 02:14 AM
link   
I do not support this War, but will be supporting those souls who will be putting themselves in harms way soon enough.

However, just to clarify something, I don't think we can reasonably expect everyone who was/is against the War to do this.

The only reason I will supporting those soldiers is that it is highly likely one of my relations who saw service in Afghanistan with the NZSAS will be recalled to action some time this week...may already have been...despite what our Prime Minister says publicly.

But I don't think its right to expect everyone to do this...to show positive support.

But...as you have said, those brave souls should be spared the personal attacks and abuse they are likely to face, as they attempt to spend their last few minutes on their home soil with their loved ones and families...the last thing they need is to have their highly emotional farewells ruined by a bunch of loud abusive protestors.



Peace,
ALIEN



posted on Mar, 18 2003 @ 04:05 AM
link   
Yeah, since we're going to war, let's support our boys and gals out there, right?

I've stated my disagreement with this whole Iraqi Crisis elsewhere, but now that we're going in, let's at least give the soldiers out there some support.

After all, they're just doing their job - it's the politicians who decide whether they'll do it or not.

Deimos



posted on Mar, 18 2003 @ 04:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by ProudAmerican
I respect everyone's opinion that is anti-war but I hope that they realize it's too late to stop it, and although they still might not agree with it, I really hope our troops get the support they need. You have to face the truth, WE ARE GOING TO WAR!!! Our troops (US,UK,allies) are set to invade and they dont need to watch the news back home and see any more anti-war protests. These are VERY courageous men and women who are willing to sacrifice their lives and freedom for ours. Again, I respect if you are anti-war but dont hold our service men and women responsible, they are just doing their job and they need us civilians back home to be behind them, regardless of your view on the war. I would hate to see people treat them like they did the Vietnam vets when they returned home. I'm sure I'll get some negative response but so be it. We just need to pull together, put our flags out, and pray for the least possible number of casualties.


GREAT POST !!!


dom

posted on Mar, 18 2003 @ 04:25 AM
link   
I have nothing against the armed services, but I won't be supporting them in this war. They volunteered to be in the military, they knew what they were doing, and the blame for any of their deaths will be placed squarely at the feet of Tony Blair and George Bush. Individually I hope they all come back, but I'm afraid I have no moral obligation to make them feel good about themselves.

Anti-war protests will continue, today the house of commons in the UK will vote about the war and we're expecting a fair percentage to vote against the government. I'm glad of that. Free speech should not end because our politicians didn't bother to listen to us.



posted on Mar, 18 2003 @ 06:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Deimos_2003
Yeah, since we're going to war, let's support our boys and gals out there, right?

Deimos


If i would be speaking to them, like directly, i'd also say : the weather is fine, everyone is happy about war and terorism has disappeared.

But since they cant read our chatting here, e're free to express ourselves here



posted on Mar, 18 2003 @ 07:17 AM
link   
An excellent saying there Dom...


And that's from someone who's for this war. It is their right to protest. Indeed, this right is one of the freedoms that the soldiers are fighting for. From numerous friends and family currently over there, they are in pretty high spirits that they are doing the right thing...



posted on Mar, 18 2003 @ 07:24 AM
link   

they are in pretty high spirits that they are doing the right thing...


I heard of mass paranoias among marine infantry that wasnt allowed to disembark in turkey.

I'd be worried about our boys psychological resistance ..




top topics



 
0
<<   2 >>

log in

join