It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Embalmed head of France's King Henri IV found

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 12:35 AM
link   
Original source

A team of scientists say they have positively identified an embalmed head, presumed lost in the chaos of the French Revolution, as that of King Henri IV of France who was assassinated in 1610.

The head was apparently lost after revolutionaries desecrated the graves of French kings in the royal basilica of Saint-Denis near Paris in 1793.

Few remains of those bodies have ever been found and positively identified since.

But a team of experts using advanced scientific techniques say they have conclusively identified the head, passed down over the centuries by private collectors, as that of the monarch.

The Good King Henri will be going home after being lost for over 200 years. His embalmed head was stolen during the French Revolution in 1793 and hasnt been seen publicly since that time. Apparently the head has been passed down through the geneerations and was recently returned and verified through a number of techniques to be that of Henri IV who was assassinated in 1610 by a Catholic zealot following the Edict of Nantes, which gave French Protestants equal religious rights in France and effectively put an end to a religious war that was happenning in France at the time.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 01:47 AM
link   
reply to post by youdidntseeme

The French Revolution took place between 1789 and 1794. Royals and royalists were, for the first time, in a most unfortunate position. It is an interesting omen to have found the head of Henri IV in the same week as the British Royals were greeted with cries of 'off with their heads!'

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 02:28 AM
link   
The timing does seem a little curious.

Like I have said before, it seems like the world or at least the humans upon it, are collectively 'cleaning out their closets'

I expect a lot of lies to be exposed in the coming year or months, cover-ups to be exposed, and former black to be the actual white.

Ironic, now he's giving the French people his 'best-head'
Or judging by the Pope's recent full monty expose, perhaps it shall be he, recieving the head from King Loius. *chuckles*
edit on 16-12-2010 by MavRck because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-12-2010 by MavRck because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 07:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by MavRck
The timing does seem a little curious.

Like I have said before, it seems like the world or at least the humans upon it, are collectively 'cleaning out their closets'

If that is true than perhaps the coming months and years will see many mysteries solved and many of histories questions answered.

That would make for interesting times.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 07:18 AM
link   

Very interesting thread! Thank you for posting. I just found out a few weeks ago, while doing a genealogy project, that King Henri IV was my 28th great grandfather. Granted, that was waaaaaay back there, but its good to know that one of my ancestors from long ago, is going back to where he belongs.

edit on 12/16/2010 by gemineye because: correct spelling

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 07:51 AM
link   
reply to post by gemineye

Thats great, I suppose you are a genealogy lover as I am.
I have tracked my mom's side back to the 1500's and the first family who received a charter from the Dutch govt to settle the newly purchased New Amsertdam (Manhattan).

I wonder if that puts you in line for any royalty?

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 08:02 AM
link   
UUghhhhhhh

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/1ca256115ff9.jpg[/atsimg]

link

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by davespanners
UUghhhhhhh

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/1ca256115ff9.jpg[/atsimg]

link

The picture certainly isnt convincing, I didnt see a pic on the original story.
Certainly doesnt look like you could conclude anything from that picture, I can only imagine in person the evidence is a bit more compelling.

The said that there were remnant of hair that matched, a facial lesion, a stab wound and a piercing that matched desciptions of the good king. I guess without DNA evidence it would be kinda hard to make a definite match, but I suppose it would be hard to find a control sample 500 yerars later.

The story is pretty nice here nonetheless.

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 01:53 AM
link   

I wonder if that puts you in line for any royalty?

Doubtful. Veeeeeery doubtful, lol! But I did always (jokingly) claim to have been royalty in a past life. Found out it's just in my blood, hehehe.

new topics

top topics

join