It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SGPC plans protests outside US embassies

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 11:50 PM
link   

SGPC plans protests outside US embassies

[url=http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/city/chandigarh/SGPC-plans-protests-outside-US-embassies/articleshow/7109456.cms]timesofindia.indiatimes.com[/ url]

SGPC president Avtar Singh Makkar said SGPC would protest in front of the US Embassy in Delhi and hand over a memorandum to the US ambassador. "The attitude of US authorities is not only against Sikhs' religious sentiments, but also a violation of human rights," he said.

Read more: SGPC plans protests outside US embassies - The Times of India timesofindia.indiatimes.com...
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 11:50 PM
link   

discuss the turban issue especially after the patting down of India's permanent representative to the UN Hardeep Puri at Houston airport recently.

Read more: SGPC plans protests outside US embassies - The Times of India timesofindia.indiatimes.com...

Sad really, is this intentional?

Do they think they might have a bomb on his turban?

I have one picture which perfectly describes the situation Americans are facing right now:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/651385347337.jpg[/atsimg]

[url=http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/city/chandigarh/SGPC-plans-protests-outside-US-embassies/articleshow/7109456.cms]timesofindia.indiatimes.com[/ url]
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 02:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by oozyism
Sad really, is this intentional?

Do they think they might have a bomb on his turban?

I have one picture which perfectly describes the situation Americans are facing right now:

Yea, it sucks, but its better than being blown up, in America people value their lives. People in American airports get patted down regardless of their heritage, origins or religion, even those who have never left America. Considering that the people that are the cause of these airport security measures are religious extremists, why should we make an exception for someones religion? If they don't like their head rag being messed with, take the bus, walk, swim or whatever. If its that important to come to this country that everyone hates, I'm sure they can find a way.

Yes, bombs can fit into turbans and things much smaller as well, you didn't know this? People have come up with some rather ingenious ways to blow up a plane. As soon as authorities make it illegal to inspect turbans, someone will disregard their "religious right" about turbans and stick a bomb in it. With all of the violence all across the world, people want American citizens to die because most of us live in relative security, and then those same people complain when we come and blow them up first. They don't realize there is enough violence in America already without others bringing their problems here.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 02:47 AM
link   
reply to post by RSF77

Sikhs are not Muslims. If Muslim extremists are the ones that pose a threat to America, then why target Sikhs?

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 02:56 AM
link   
reply to post by SmedleyBurlap

I never said anything about Muslims, you did. I said if religious extremism was the cause for the increased security, why should we make an exception because of someones religion.
edit on 16-12-2010 by RSF77 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join