It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TA-ANALYSIS: Iraqi Police Arrest 4 Men in Connection with Berg Murder

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2004 @ 05:16 AM
link   
An Iraqi government spokesman has issued a statement that they arrested 4 men suspected of killing Nick Berg. These arrests reportedly happened in May. There is no explanation why this information was re-released today, as reports on the arrests were made on 5/18/04 and quickly denied.

www.sky.com
Iraqi police have arrested four men involved in the beheading of American businessman Nicholas Berg, according to reports.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

I wonder if that means they have arrested the resurrected, leg-regrowing, Abu Musab al-Zarqawi. I'm sure we will be getting various reports and versions of the goings on. However they got them, this is great news.

Related ATSNN Stories:
Four Held in Nick Berg Beheading Case - Unconfirmed

[edit on 6-7-2004 by John bull 1]

[edit on 7-8-2004 by Valhall]

posted on Jul, 5 2004 @ 05:54 AM
link   
Long over due and the media has a tendency to hype things up so lets see if they really arrested the right men.

posted on Jul, 5 2004 @ 06:01 AM
link   
This sounds a lot like a previous story that broke a while back. I remember remarking that they had captured four of the five, and I was willing to bet the one they didn't catch was Zarqawi..?

posted on Jul, 5 2004 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky
This sounds a lot like a previous story that broke a while back. I remember remarking that they had captured four of the five, and I was willing to bet the one they didn't catch was Zarqawi..?

I thought someone had resurrected an old thread at first.

posted on Jul, 5 2004 @ 12:47 PM
link   
No one knows why the Iraqi government re-announced the arrests on Monday. The original announcement was made some time in May.

Who knows? New guys? dead guys? Your guess?

posted on Jul, 5 2004 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Well this is good news if the Iraqi govt has actually arrested the men, this is great news .

posted on Jul, 6 2004 @ 01:52 AM
link   
Isnt this the 2nd set of 4 men? Will this be the last set of 4 men? Are these even the ones that did it or are they just trying to parade a few people around in front of the camera so everyone will feel better.

posted on Jul, 6 2004 @ 02:03 AM
link   
This is the same set of 4 men arrested in May.
Link to story in May

It was apparently denied that the 4 were involved with the death, or that two were released, or that all 4 were still in custody....the story changed several times over 2 or 3 days after the news broke, then it kind of disappeared.

ATSNN rules. Check out the development of the story:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

new topics

top topics

join