It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why are People so Cruel? (Interesting Read)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 10:11 PM
link   
As I read this, certain pieces of the psychology puzzle came together for me.
Understanding the need of some people to subconciousy victimize (bully) others physically or emotionally, is drawn from our instinctive defence of being victimised (caused pain) ourselves. Negative feelings & resentment then cause jealousy, greed & the like.

Wow, Fear really is the driving force of our species on earth right now! That makes me want to cry & paint a Rainbow in my mind!

alas human nature...yet we have/had the potential to progress unlimited if we all worked together & learnt to universally Love...Oh hell man!

Off for a smoke. If you care to take the time....

see what you think: nontrivialpursuits.org...

Have a good night.

Lee.
edit on 15-12-2010 by L.J.C because: link

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 08:01 AM
link   
That's why it is important for people to introspect at times and learn what's going on inside them with a clear conscience.. Just like people who get insecure in a relationship tend to emotionally hurt others due to their own insecurity and sometimes deliberately induce a sense of low self-esteem in their partners in order to feel good about themselves, in a similar way people resort to physically abusing others too out of their own fear if not due to provoked anger.
It is really not a good thing to victimize the innocent.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 08:57 AM
link   
What a fascinating read, thanks for posting.

A great insight into group dynamics.

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 05:19 PM
link   
I don’t know, I have trouble buying that. I realize that people use that explanation, that the bully feels bad about themselves so they try to hurt others. I have heard that reasoning many times. To me it makes more sense that in order to justify bullying or insulting someone, the bully would have to feel pretty good and confident about themselves to find fault with another.

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Individuals who choose not to join in the effort become properly recognized as a threat to the happiness of all others.

Woah!!! Does that mean that those that who do not join the EFFORT are terrorists?

Interesting article, but the whole thing instinctively bothered me. The words were pretty, and aimed at ones higher mind....but at the same time it kind of smelled bad.

People are mean because they hurt and are in pain and fear, that is true....but they will never change until they are ready to change because they understand themselves, no one can force them to and they will not change because someone outside themselves (shrink, preacher, or friend) asked them to change. Each of us must want to do it on our own.

eta: the quote is from the source article

edit on 22-12-2010 by Holly N.R.A. because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Holly N.R.A.

People are mean because they hurt and are in pain and fear, that is true....but they will never change until they are ready to change because they understand themselves, no one can force them to and they will not change because someone outside themselves (shrink, preacher, or friend) asked them to change. Each of us must want to do it on our own.

Maybe in the world you live in this seems to be the case for most people whom you've spoken to about these kinds of things. If so, I feel sorry for you.

In my experience, people only change for their selves when they're extremely narcissistic. I tend to stay away from sick people like that.

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by unityemissions

Maybe in the world you live in this seems to be the case for most people whom you've spoken to about these kinds of things. If so, I feel sorry for you.

In my experience, people only change for their selves when they're extremely narcissistic. I tend to stay away from sick people like that.

Maybe, I need to try again...let me ask...do you love yourself? This is not a narcissistic comment. Do you love the person you are ? Because if one does not accept themselves for who and what they are, how could they feel real empathy and compassion for others?

There is nothing selfish or "sick" involved with a process such as this, from my POV...then again we all have the right to believe as we will.

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by L.J.C

because the cruel humans have not fully Evolved their Being yet !

I agree about the fear factor but the Internet is still in it's infancy in a sense...

I am curious to see in another 20 years.

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Maybe, I need to try again...let me ask...do you love yourself? This is not a narcissistic comment. Do you love the person you are ? Because if one does not accept themselves for who and what they are, how could they feel real empathy and compassion for others?

There is nothing selfish or "sick" involved with a process such as this, from my POV...then again we all have the right to believe as we will.

Of course I love myself to an extent. People don't have a clue who or how they are for the most part. They are empathetic and compassionate to various degrees depending on a variety of circumstances. It's not nearly as black and white as you put it.

The way you wrote it sure came off as highly narcissistic to me.
edit on 22-12-2010 by unityemissions because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 02:30 AM
link   

Of course I love myself to an extent. People don't have a clue who or how they are for the most part. They are empathetic and compassionate to various degrees depending on a variety of circumstances. It's not nearly as black and white as you put it.

The way you wrote it sure came off as highly narcissistic to me.
edit on 22-12-2010 by unityemissions because: (no reason given)

If it seemed narcissistic, for that I will beg forgiveness....but maybe that is why the world is like it is. People jump to conclusions before they get the whole story.

join