It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Doctors Claim HIV and Cancer Cure in One Procedure.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Doctors in Germany are making some bold claims, they have apparently cured someone with HIV and Cancer with a transplant procedure.

The procedure was done in 2007.

CNN Video Coverage of HIV and Cancer Cure

www.cnn.com...

(CNN) -- Researchers in Germany are reporting that they may have cured a man of HIV infection. If true, that would represent a scientific advance, but not necessarily a treatment advance, said researchers familiar with the work.

In the study, published last week online in the journal Blood, researchers at Charite-University Medicine Berlin treated an HIV-infected man who also had acute myeloid leukemia -- a cancer of the immune system -- by wiping out his own immune system with high-dose chemotherapy and radiation and giving him a stem-cell transplant. Stem cells are immature cells that can mature into blood cells.

At the time of the transplant, which occurred in February 2007, he stopped taking anti-HIV medications.

edit on 15-12-2010 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 10:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Realtruth

So they destroy the immune system with radiation and restart his immune system with stem cells...I wonder what the threshold is that identifies the destuction of ones immune system and my second question is how much radiation does it take to do that? People are complaining about getting cancer going through these screening systems at the airport...how is this person not going to get another form of cancer from the radiation/chemo? Why not just flood the body with new stem cells and skip the radiation?

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 10:57 PM
link   
There is 2 threads talking about this already.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Mods can close this one down then, Thanks for the heads up I didn't see those threads.

new topics

top topics

join