It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Robot Arm Improves Performance of Brain-Controlled Device

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 09:34 PM
link   

ScienceDaily (Dec. 15, 2010) — The performance of a brain-machine interface designed to help paralyzed subjects move objects with their thoughts is improved with the addition of a robotic arm providing sensory feedback, a new study from the University of Chicago finds.

www.sciencedaily.com...

There are two thoughts which comes to mind, at least for me, when I think regarding such advancements.

First thought

Human Body is just like a robot (but Biological)

Why does that thought come in to mind? Because that explains consciousness.
I believe consciousness is derived from another being.
Just like the robot in the above scenario which moves from A to B through thoughts, our soul (or what ever you want to call it), controls us.

I suspect the control is much less at the early stage of life, then it increases as this biological system grows and develops new functions and abilities.

Second thought

Surrogate

Surrogates: Set in a futuristic world where humans live in isolation and interact through surrogate robots, a cop (Willis) is forced to leave his home for the first time in years in order to investigate the murders of others’ surrogates.

Here is the link to the movie, you can watch online for free. If you don't like the Movie, then I give you permission to slap me twice.
Surrogates

Please watch it, this will describe exactly what my second thought is about.

I beg you watch the movie, you will love it.

Thoughts

oz
edit on 15-12-2010 by oozyism because: LOL I started watching the movie again and forgot to add link

edit on 15-12-2010 by oozyism because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 09:41 PM
link   
I highly agree with your first thought

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheFallOfRa
I highly agree with your first thought

It is pretty hard to deny really.

It is an amazing phenomena, and evidence suggests that we understand it more and more, as we advance more and more.

Knowledge is the key really.

new topics

join