It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something weird just happened

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Hi,

I just posted a response to a thread.. The first no holds barred thingy... after posting I checked again for spelling or relatedness errors if others posted before me.. and was about to edit my post when I got 404 then a page telling me I don't have permission to view that forum thread.

What happened?

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Tayesin

The thread was most likely deleted by the mods before you could finish. Maybe it was a duplicate thread or something.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Tayesin

I got the 404 when I tried to click on the thread as well, I think it may have been deleted.
I have seen this before when trying to reply to a thread, I click on reply, type out a very well thought out post, and when I click the button to complete the post it takes me to a 404 and the thread is gone, or it has been locked and i get a message stating there are no reply privledges for this message.

It seems to happen when the thread is locked or deleted in the middle of a reply.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Tayesin

Yea that happens if the thread gets deleted between the time that you started writing your post and the time you clicked reply

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Thanks folks, the info is much appreciated

apparently a 2nd line goes here

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Shoot Tayesin, I saw the title " something weird just happened" with you as the author, and thought, Good Grief!
If something weird happened to Tayesin, it must be really, really weird. LOL.

Couldn't click on it fast enough.

Thought you had seen a ghost or sumthin.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 10:59 PM
link   
I'm so glad you got a laugh Lady.. we need as many as we can get these days.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 05:57 AM
link   
Yes that happend to me also.
Would be nice to know if the thread has been closed down, I donno, just a thought.

new topics

top topics

join