It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Donald Duck Nazi Cartoon!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Wow, I never realized Walt Disney made a Nazi Cartoon.

In addition to showing Disney Icon Donald Duck dressedas a Nazi, Hitler is sprinkled in as a picture hiding his safe, everywhere you look there is a swatstika, and there is a now (present time) offensive Asian character! We also have a generous dash of HEIL HITLER as well! What a wonderful propaganda film.

At one point after being worked into a frenzy Donald appears to be tweaking (methed out). Well why not? Didn't the Nazis use amphetamines for the troops?

Of course, it was all justified by being a mere DREAM, as Donald awakes in his stars and stripes jammies.

Really, what was Walt Disney thinking?

Was Walt Disney a Nazi?

I am frankly quite shocked to hear Donald squeaking Heil Hitler about twenty or thirty times!!

Were children encouraged to watch this?

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 09:15 PM
link   
As evil as Disney probably is, I do enjoy some Disney movies... but I don't think this is portraying Nazism in a positive light. "Work 48 hours in one day" hahaha, those poor Germans... sorta. In any case, Donald is no Prescott Bush!

www.guardian.co.uk...

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by hotbakedtater

I have to agree with you is very disturbing ,the lirycs more than anything.MAYBE walt disney was a german descendant,have very little info on this subject/,

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Walt was thinking what all the other cartoon studios were thinking at the time. You hit right - it was a propaganda cartoon made during WW2. Heck - the old tv stations in the sticks where I grew up still ran re-runs of them when I was a kid.

Anyway - all the cartoon studios did them. They either ridiculed the Nazi's / Japanese (like the one you posted) or showed some other side of the war effort.

Here is one from the same time period where Donald is saying that if you save and pay your taxes you are helping fight the Nazis.

Even Dr. Seuss got in on the act..
Dr. Seuss Went to War

Yes - many of the images, etc would be considered quite racist by today's standards.

I could post a cartoon that the Loony Tunns guys made along the same lines as the Donald one you linked. But, the one you linked is actually politically correct by comparison to the Loony Tunes one.

As for Walt - I can't tell you much about how Walt Disney the man felt about things. However, I can tell you that all the cartoon studios in the US made similar propaganda films in WW2.

edit on 15-12-2010 by Frogs because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 09:30 PM
link   
I miss those great cartoons, when there was not so much violence like today. funny donald cartoon never seen it before and not to far from reality.

thanks for posting that.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Good find by the way... reminded me of this:

www.youtube.com...
edit on 15-12-2010 by OrganicAnagram33 because: Video wouldn't embed

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 09:33 PM
link   
There are so many things wrong with this post, that I don't know where to start...so I won't. It's an anti-Nazi propaganda cartoon, not a Nazi propaganda cartoon...
edit on 15-12-2010 by CerBeRus666 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 09:35 PM
link   

When der fuehrer says we never will be slaves
We heil (pffft) heil (pffft), but still we work like slaves
While der fuehrer brags and lies and rants and raves
We heil (pffft) heil (pffft), and work into our graves
When der fuehrer yells I got to have more shells
We heil (pffft) heil (pffft), and so we make more shells
If one little shell would blow him right to (hell)
We heil (pffft) heil (pffft), and wouldn't that be swell

Those are the last lines of the song that they are singing.

It's anti-nazi propaganda. Did you pay absolutely no attention to what you were watching? The entire cartoon suggests that life under nazi rule is awful.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by rocha123

I have to agree with you is very disturbing ,the lirycs more than anything.MAYBE walt disney was a german descendant,have very little info on this subject/,

ESPECIALLY THE LYRICS? holy crap just listen to them. Hell, just look at my post before this one.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 09:44 PM
link   
this was done DURING WW2, the world was diffrent back then...

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 09:44 PM
link   
If you are interested, there is a wiki article about this film.
Just click on the link below.

Der Fuehrer's Face is a 1943 animated cartoon by the Walt Disney Studios, starring Donald Duck. It was directed by Jack Kinney and released on January 1, 1943 as an anti-nazi propoganda film for the American war effort

LINK

btw It also won an Oscar for best short animation.
edit on 15-12-2010 by HEREFORD 1969 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Comon.. What a Nazi is viewed as now, is not what a Nazi was viewed as during/before WW2.

Besides they were just making a quick buck, aka bottem line.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Cant we all just watch fantasia with the sound muted, Dark Side of the Moon on full volume and pretend all of this never happened.....Donald was a Propoganda tool .... Mickey Mouse was a OSS spy ..... Live with it.... All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be......

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Solasis

It's anti-nazi propaganda. Did you pay absolutely no attention to what you were watching? The entire cartoon suggests that life under nazi rule is awful.
Of course I watched it.

So children have the mental capacity to discern what is propagansda and what is not?

I can see where after watching this cartoon little children might mimic it, singing Heil Hitler, and doing the Nazi Salute.

But of course it is an ANTI Nazi cartoon, of course it is.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anttyk47
Comon.. What a Nazi is viewed as now, is not what a Nazi was viewed as during/before WW2.

Besides they were just making a quick buck, aka bottem line.
What do you mean? Are you saying Nazi's are villified now, but back when this Donald cartoon was made, they were thought well of?

I thought Nazis were hated always.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by hotbakedtater

Originally posted by Solasis

Of course I watched it.

So children have the mental capacity to discern what is propagansda and what is not?

I can see where after watching this cartoon little children might mimic it, singing Heil Hitler, and doing the Nazi Salute.

But of course it is an ANTI Nazi cartoon, of course it is.

Wait a minute tho, this is during the war. Not the wars like today where we only see it on the news, but world war. I think the kids knew who the enemy was and would have understood pretty well what this was about.

Unlike today where almost everyone says the troops are evil and the enemy are poor misunderstood rascals.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by HomerinNC
this was done DURING WW2, the world was diffrent back then...

Yeah, people were smarter, not as dumbed down, and they could tell satire when they saw it. No offense to those who are confused.

Today because of our media people think this cartoon is actually serious. Because we're not so far off from that ourselves, for real.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Anttyk47

If you're referring to my Prescott Bush comment, you should realize that his assets weren't seized until 1942.

There has been a steady internet chatter about the "Bush/Nazi" connection, much of it inaccurate and unfair. But the new documents, many of which were only declassified last year, show that even after America had entered the war and when there was already significant information about the Nazis' plans and policies, he worked for and profited from companies closely involved with the very German businesses that financed Hitler's rise to power. It has also been suggested that the money he made from these dealings helped to establish the Bush family fortune and set up its political dynasty.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Popeye hated the Japanese! This one's so offensive it could almost pass for an episode of South Park

Edit to add
It's probably a bit less offensive then a nuclear bomb though

edit on 15-12-2010 by davespanners because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-12-2010 by davespanners because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Walt Disney was anti-Semitic, but this cartoon was mocking Hitler. I thought it was obvious. Donald Duck eating breakfast should have been a clear indication that this was anti-Nazi propaganda

ETA: As for Donald being "tweaked out" he is always worked up into a frenzy in pretty much every cartoon.

The Looney Tunes ones are way worse

Even Dr Seuss got into the propaganda game.

edit on 15-12-2010 by InvisibleAlbatross because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-12-2010 by InvisibleAlbatross because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join