It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mom shot at strip mall used body to protect son, 2

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by budaruskie
That's a great line...

You know? Your use of this tragedy really chaps my ass

Even if the story is 100% accurate as reported in the OP, I can't see how blaming the guns makes any sense. By the way, if the wild west shoot 'em up cowboys citizens that may or may not have shot anybody probably SAVED SOMEONE'S LIFE!! I mean...the guy did pull out a gun at a store whatdyathink he's gonna pay for sh*t with it or is he gonna shoot somebody
:

So you're signing up for the armband? I'm looking for takers since it won't be cheap to produce them but I really want you and those of your ilk marked so I don't risk my life for you.

Even if the story is 100% accurate as reported in the OP,

To say the story quoted is 10% accurate relegates the term accuracy to a dustbin but I'm sure I and others would love to hear where you came up with your ridiculous number.

Tell me your size and once Mr/s Leo Strauss know it all has agreed to my terms to create monikers for you and those of your ilk, I'll provide them for FREE.

You and him/her can sit there and wear your new gear that lets us gun owners know that you want nothing to do with us. Sounds fair, right? You and him/her can dial 911 and those of us who would typically defend you will hide so you can wait for the 5+ minutes of your savior cops to get there. Should you or s/he die? Sucks to be you.

At least I won't waste my ammo defending you.

I think it might also be a good idea for you to leave us your cell phones so we can show just how effective they were. I'm sure they'll look awesome at your funeral and we wouldn't want to leave any of that out.
edit on 15-12-2010 by bozzchem because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 12:11 AM
link   
reply to post by bozzchem

Put your bullet back in your pocket Barney you don't need to "protect" me.

Do you remember when the doors were left unlocked? Do you remember when the overwhelming majority of people (even in poor neighborhoods) did not carry guns? I do. The fear is not relieved with guns. The fear seems to be the real problem. Fear and maybe the promise of safety issued from the barrel of a gun. The US has more people in prison than any other country in the world. See what I mean it's out of whack and I don't think the problem is the hardware.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 01:11 AM
link   
Seriously, this might be the worst example you could possibly have used to illustrate your point. Yes, a beautiful young mother died, and that is horrible. But what are the facts?

-Gang neighborhood, history of gang murders.South Sac FFS! www.urbandictionary.com...
-A business that cuts hair out front, runs illegal gaming in back?!?!
-And she takes her 2 year old there for haircuts?

This is a case of criminals carrying illegal guns, more than likely to defend their illegal behavior. There is one thing you can always count on: If the guns were legally owned that bit would be reported by the media. If they aren't, there's no mention of "legality" of guns.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 01:27 AM
link   
No one was ever killed before guns were invented so any one who thinks guns should be legal should...
ooops wait....
I know why we never locked our doors when I was a kid...
The whole town knew my father could shoot the top off a stubby beer bottle at 1oo yards standing with open sights.
edit on 16-12-2010 by Danbones because: content

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 03:45 AM
link   
Guns and.or any firearms will ALWAYS lead to trouble in a society without communal unity

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 01:16 PM
link   
This should be an issue of Negligence on part of the shady salons business practices. Had they not been running an illegal gaming ring in the back of the store, they would not have hired gang members. Had they done a background check on the employee, he would not have been working there. Had he not been working there, that mother would be at home right now enjoying the holidays with her child.

Lets not be so quick to push your own agenda of gun ownership. Instead, look at the root causes that allowed that incident to happen in the first place.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 01:59 PM
link   
My family has owned guns and kept them in the house for generations since time out of mind.
Fact:

Number of accidental deaths from SGW for members of my family (going back 3 generations only, not including Uncle Terrance, KIA Siagon 1968): 0

Number of accidental shootings from members of my family: 0

In fact, number of accidental discharges of firearm from any family member in that time: 0

Average age of males when granted first firearm: 12 yrs.

Conclusion: guns kill...yeah right.

Education or lack thereof kills. This is how I was taught firearm safety, lesson #1:

Dad: (after unloading revolver, putting all 6 bullets on table, counting them, and laying weapon down next to them, cylinder out): "Son, is this gun loaded?"
Me: "No sir"
Dad (Thumping me hard on the forehead with middle finger) "Is this gun loaded?"
Me: (looking at six empty chambers staring at me) "NO SIR"
Dad (Another thump) "How about now?"
Me: "Dad, there are no bullets in the gun! They're all right there, all six, and there's nothing in the barrel!"
Dad: (Finger cocked, ready to strike) "Son, is this gun loaded?"....

If anything, all firearm owners should have to complete an education course/ test to receive a permit, similar to a Driver's Licence, that must be re-newed each year or other reasonable interval. Regulations should be enforced, beefed up even, but to refuse gun ownership outright to Joe Citizen in the name of safety is a serious mistake.
Criminals will continue to arm themselves, and the law abiding Joes will continue to be victimized.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 02:12 PM
link   
??????

I smell government setup! and the poor woman was just a victim of CIA gone mad.

Seriously? There are to many why's in this story.

Why were so many people packing?
why did someone just start opening fire?
why did people just decide to fire back in the middle of a crowded mall?

TSA coming to a mall near you.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 02:37 PM
link   
I have to laugh at this thread!
We clearly see that the OP, as well as those who posted their biased remarks just can't seem to grasp the concept of self defense? The 2nd Amendment as written by the founding fathers, implemented this right so " we the people " could in fact defend our selves.
FACT: Guns are inanimate objects. FACT: Guns are in fact based off the hands of the beholder.
With most of you peoples logic, guns float around killing anything that moves. Just goes to show, not only how biased people are ( probably because they cant afford there own gun to begin with ), but it also shows how uneducated they are as well!

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Whereweheaded
I have to laugh at this thread!
We clearly see that the OP, as well as those who posted their biased remarks just can't seem to grasp the concept of self defense? The 2nd Amendment as written by the founding fathers, implemented this right so " we the people " could in fact defend our selves.
FACT: Guns are inanimate objects. FACT: Guns are in fact based off the hands of the beholder.
With most of you peoples logic, guns float around killing anything that moves. Just goes to show, not only how biased people are ( probably because they cant afford there own gun to begin with ), but it also shows how uneducated they are as well!

I totally agree, this will be used as a way to trample on our second amendment rights, and possibly our 1st amendment rights as well.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by thewholepicture

To most of those on this thread, their logic suggests that the tarnished few, or " crazies " in the world, ...because of their actions should negate the rest of publics rights.

Amendment 2 - Right to Bear Arms. Ratified 12/15/1791. Note

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

source: www.usconstitution.net...

Regardless of accidents or all out shoot outs, what part of " shall not be infringed " don't these people get?
It's not a gun problem, its an idiot problem!

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ferris.Bueller.II
One question: How many of those people who were carrying guns had a Concealed Carry license? But I have a feeling answering that simple question might topple the bias of the OP.

www.examiner.com...

nevermind carry/conceal...

how many of these guns were actually registered...

the OP is making claims that these were people trying to save the day, when in all reality it appears more that they were criminals shooting randomly at other criminals and innocent victims paid the price

this by no means should be used as proof that the 2nd amendment should be repealed...

lawful and responsible gun owners should not pay the price for this kind of event.

in the end if they revoke our rights to owning a gun, the only ones that will have guns will be the oppressors and the criminals

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Whereweheaded
reply to post by thewholepicture

To most of those on this thread, their logic suggests that the tarnished few, or " crazies " in the world, ...because of their actions should negate the rest of publics rights.

Amendment 2 - Right to Bear Arms. Ratified 12/15/1791. Note

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

source: www.usconstitution.net...

Regardless of accidents or all out shoot outs, what part of " shall not be infringed " don't these people get?
It's not a gun problem, its an idiot problem!

I personally do not own a gun, and until my children grow older, I hope to not have to get one.

However! The Bill of rights was put into place for a reason.

If our 2nd amendment right is taken from us, we will no longer have the means to protect our citizens when our police and military fail to, or can't get to you in time.

you will only give power to those who illegally have guns, and corrupt police/military personnel (no not all police and military are corrupt most are just blind.
edit on 16-12-2010 by thewholepicture because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 03:00 PM
link   
This is what happens when you disarm the citizenry:

AUSTRALIA:
The Results Are In
The following is a synopsis of an interview conducted by Ginny Simone with Keith Tidswell of Australia's Sporting Shooters Association. The entire interview is available as "Surprise, Surprise" in the "Archive News" section of:
One year after gun-owners were forced to surrender 640,381 personal firearms to be destroyed, including semi-automatic .22 rifles and shotguns, a program costing the government over 500 million dollars ( bare in mind, thats tax payer dollars), the results are in...

A dramatic increase in criminal activity has been experienced. Gun control advocates respond "Just wait... we'll be safer... you'll see...".

OBSERVABLE FACT, AFTER 12 MONTHS OF DATA:

Australia-wide, homicides are up 3.2%
Australia-wide, assaults are up 8.6%
Australia-wide, armed-robberies are up 44% (yes, FORTY-FOUR PERCENT)
In the state of Victoria, homicides-with-firearms are up 300%
Figures over the previous 25 years show a steady decrease in homicides-with-firearms (changed dramatically in the past 12 months)
Figures over the previous 25 years show a steady decrease in armed-robbery-with-firearms (changed dramatically in the past 12 months)
There has been a dramatic increase in breakins-and-assaults-of- the-elderly
At the time of the ban, the Prime Minister said "self-defense is not a reason for owning a firearm"
From 1910 to present, homicides in Australia had averaged about 1.8-per-100,000 or lower, a safe society by any standard.
The ban has destroyed Australia's standings in some international sport shooting competitions
The membership of the Australian Sports Shooting Association has risen to 112,000, a 200% increase, in response to the ban and as an attempt to organize against further controls, which are expected.
Australian politicians are on the spot and at a loss to explain how no improvement in "safety" has been observed after such monumental effort and expense was successfully expended in "ridding society of guns". Their response has been to "wait longer".

source: www.geoffmetcalf.com...

ANY QUESTIONS?

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by OzWeatherman

couldnt agree with you more man, its the same mindset that does that too......

I dont get it......people need to be more objective in their assessments!

Thanks for the reply

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Leo Strauss
reply to post by bozzchem

Put your bullet back in your pocket Barney you don't need to "protect" me.

Do you remember when the doors were left unlocked? Do you remember when the overwhelming majority of people (even in poor neighborhoods) did not carry guns? I do. The fear is not relieved with guns. The fear seems to be the real problem. Fear and maybe the promise of safety issued from the barrel of a gun. The US has more people in prison than any other country in the world. See what I mean it's out of whack and I don't think the problem is the hardware.

No I remember when peoples houses were armed , and they had the pistol in the night stand and still left their doors unlocked..........

Just like they still do where I live, most people leave their front doors unlocked......and no body gets robbed, because they would rather go to the more liberal areas of town where they dont run the risk of getting their head blown off carrying a TV out of someones house......

Crime in our area is drastically lower than it is in other areas

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 06:32 PM
link   
I'm not sure whats worse...

the OP thinking that criminal use of firearms are a valid excuse to take guns away from lawful registered owners, or the fact that the OP has 4 stars

shame on you ATS!

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Leo Strauss

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
- George Washington

I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 09:58 PM
link   
So where is the line? How about fully automatic vs semi automatic? Cop killer bullets vs standard ammo? Assault rifles? Hand guns?

Should local municipalities have the right to determine their own gun laws?

What about gun shows? You know where the criminals purchase multiple guns to be resold to the gangs and thugs in the city?

Any compromise guys? Any solutions? I mean if firepower makes you safer how about mini guns mounted on a gun turret on your Humvee? Seriously because that is the natural extension of your logic. Would that make us safer?

Stop quoting George Washington and give me the details.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 11:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Leo Strauss

The source you used didn't mention anything about assault rifles, full auto, gun shows, or miniguns.

The Minigun is a 7.62 mm, multi-barrel machine gun with a high rate of fire (2,000 to 6,000 rounds per minute), employing Gatling-style rotating barrels with an external power source.

Wikipedia.org - Minigun

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join