It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Ice-age coming, we're not fearmongering"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Hello, I had heard this song a number of times and it being a radiohead song had never truly heard what the lyrics were ... (the lead singer is incredibly talented/versatile but pronounciation is sometimes difficult)

To business : The song talks about an ice-age coming, them not fear-mongering, it really happening... bomb shelters etc... I thought it was particularly relevant and a damn good song (I listen mostly to beatles, dylan, zeppelin)

www.youtube.com...

edit on 15-12-2010 by MavRck because: (no reason given)

CAN SOMEBODY PLEASE.... please tell me how to embed pictures/videos?
edit on 15-12-2010 by MavRck because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Yes there will be an ice age...the only question is when?

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 08:58 PM
link   
The weather in the UK has changed, we are getting our weather from the North East direction instead of West from the gulf stream.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by MavRck

you should listen to muse....almost similar to radiohead they are uite prophetic in thier lyrics as well

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Doh! nm
edit on 15-12-2010 by speculativeoptimist because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 02:22 AM
link   
reply to post by NWOnoworldorder

I have heard some Muse... mainly out on the pacific ocean commercial fishing... I would hear it on sat/sirius radio... I think they have an incredibly unique and powerful sound...

Only heard a few though , what songs do you recommend?

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 03:05 AM
link   
It's getting Mesolithic

Did you see the Ohio lighthouse?

www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 03:45 AM
link   
I saw that light house on bbc this morning, bloody hell!! Is that normal for that part of america?

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 07:01 AM
link   
reply to post by bargoose

None of this is "normal" per say... however it is completely "normal" at the same time.

It's part of a larger scale cycle. Think of our earth seasons by year as mini-seasons... we're heading to the winter...galactic winter... for a little while... we'll survive.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 07:15 AM
link   

Not by Fire but by Ice

THE NEXT ICE AGE - NOW!
Beginning with the dinosaur extinction of 65 million years ago,
Not by Fire but by Ice explores the relationship between mass extinctions, ice ages, and magnetic reversals (times when compasses
pointed south instead of north).
Author honored
28 Aug 08 - Prentice Hall has included an entire chapter from Not by Fire but by Ice in their college-level textbook The Millennium Reader (5th edition). With the publication of his chapter "Fatal Flaw," author Robert W. Felix joins such luminaries as Charles Darwin, Alice Walker, Kurt Vonnegut, Jr., Maya Angelou, Aldous Huxley and Walt Whitman.

www.iceagenow.com...

Now if the avaliable land mass was about to shrink due to ice sheets... I mean last time the southern boundry of the northern ice mass was Missouri, would the elite want to cram in there with the great un washed?
No.....
They would rather have us prepared wrong and all die off so they can emjoy the idylic of what remains themselves.
( re Bill Gates quote about vaccines being expected to cause a 15 per cent reduction in the population, and his contribution to seed bank VAULTS around the world)

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 08:08 AM
link   
Yep you are right. It has started and it has started now. Those that choose to talk crap and play events down dont start wingeing when the shtf. You were warned.
Those of you that have deciphered the biggest code and understand the global code thats been overlooked, well i praise each and every one of you.
There will be a massive awakening its already started.
They are trying their hardest to keep it all hidden or should i say playing it down, dont believe me? Sky News, its pre recorded.Checkout the dubbing, considering its supposed to be live yet the words are heard before their mouths move. Its been happening for days.
Heres another one keep an eye on Aston Villa football club. Big news soon, along with manu and man city.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by jazz10

Yes, fortunately we have a wood stove. The power went out here for nearly a week a couple of years ago. That gave us the impetus to install the stove that had been sitting in the carport since we bought it. Reports that I've read say it can begin in earnest as early as 2014, but I'm hoping it doesn't get bad for a while. The food shortages we see over the next couple of years will kill tens of millions as the growing seasons shorten. It won't really take an obvious weather decline for that to happen - we are marginally hanging on as it is.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 05:18 PM
link   
It's no telling what's coming here in GA... One day it's sunny, next day it's snowing... Our weather machine is jacked up..

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 01:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Mizzijr

I've explained this before Mizz, you must've missed it.

We're closer to the sun, slightly, and the earths tilt is completing an extremely long rotation (something in the realm of 2500 years)

This makes it INCREDIBLY HOT where the sun is shining, however INCREDIBLY COLD at the same time all over as the ICE CAPS are being distributed into our water systems (currents, streams).

It's quite simple really... the extreme hot is melting the cold... making us cold... but still very hot in the suns path.

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 12:27 AM
link   
i want to know the reason why Ice-age will come ,because of the pollution?

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by johnwordswu

I would have said mainly because one is about due isn't it ?

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by MavRck

Relevant??? I remember first listening to the paranoid album like 10 years ago...and even then I was late to the Radio Head Party.

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 11:57 PM
link   
Wanna know why i think an ice age is coming, Australia had a 15 cm dump of snow in December in the alpine regions... That's half way through the first month of summer! Nearby towns dropped to 12 degrees and not even our summers have been hot here! normally by now it's 40-45 but it's only been around 20-30..

I'd say this winter is going to be very cold indeed and you might find even a couple of our cities will get snow

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Hi for those really interested in the New Ice Age stuff or Abrupt Climate Change in general there is a new Yahoo Group by that name and here is the link:

tech.groups.yahoo.com...

I started the group after coming to the conclusion that we may be entering such a period ... things being discussed would be such as ...

The natural cycle of climate change and oscillation, what causes it and how to figure out the time of shifts

The info on the Gulf Stream Shutdown; check the DEOS data yourself; it is there for anyone and shows that the current is stopping off the Carolina coast instead of going up the eastern seaboard and on to europe as it should.

How does Global Warming figure into this; will it offset the shutdown of parts of the Great Ocean Conveyor system?

Does the govt of the US think that a climate change will occur? They did request a scenario a few years back and it is public knowledge now and posted on the site.

Should we be preparing a place to "ride out the storm" so to speak? Could we survive? What sort of chances are there and what will the climate be like? In fact most of the world will become arid or semi-arid as more water is tied up in the expanding snow and ice.

So cooler and drier ... shorter growing seasons and not enough rain will cause famine in the European and US. Also in Asia the monsoons will be weak or nonexistent thus the rice fields would not be able to be flooded and famine there.

How about 2/3 of the population dying in the first year or two of a major shift...? I will tell you this, I have bought land farther south in a remote area, put up a bldg there, had a well dug.

Does any of this interest you? if so come to the group.

chris in IN

new topics

top topics

join