It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Two white Britons 'killed fighting for Al Qaeda' in U.S. drone attack in Pakistan Read more: htt

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 04:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi

But I still see terrorist attacks in the region. Does that mean that Russia has lost the war? You claim they have a legit means to fight against the Chechens but so far I have seen less resolve by the Russians. And since there are still terrorist attacks against Russia, it seems the Chechens cannot be defeated.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 04:37 AM
link   
reply to post by phatpackage

I support whatever the coalition troops or our Allies are doing. If that changes & they pull the pin then I am with that at as well! That's my philosophy!.

It's called Blind Faith for good reason..

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 04:41 AM
link   
reply to post by GovtFlu

Only cause hes the only American soldier to ever be captured. Could be used for bargaining chip. Not to mention based on execution of ANA and women, I wouldn't trust that the Taliban are kind people or defenders of their "country" since they come from Pakistan in the first place thanks to the ISI, no matter what you said or think of them. Should I post about a video of the Taliban executing a woman at the stadium? Not to mention blowing up female schools and Buddha statues, it seems to me that the Taliban are way worse than what you see or hear in Gitmo. Have yet to see any beheadings by the U.S. Army or Marines. Similar as well in Iraq.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 04:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by deltaboy

But I still see terrorist attacks in the region. Does that mean that Russia has lost the war? You claim they have a legit means to fight against the Chechens but so far I have seen less resolve by the Russians. And since there are still terrorist attacks against Russia, it seems the Chechens cannot be defeated.

Rebels who survive long enough to evolve from a regional movement to asymmetrical warfare cannot be defeated, at least not with weapons. Russia will not negotiate with them, but they will continue adapting their counter-insurgency role alongside the capability of the rebels.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 04:47 AM
link   

reply to post by GovtFlu

Only cause hes the only American soldier to ever be captured. Could be used for bargaining chip. Not to mention based on execution of ANA and women, I wouldn't trust that the Taliban are kind people or defenders of their "country" since they come from Pakistan in the first place thanks to the ISI, no matter what you said or think of them. Should I post about a video of the Taliban executing a woman at the stadium? Not to mention blowing up female schools and Buddha statues, it seems to me that the Taliban are way worse than what you see or hear in Gitmo. Have yet to see any beheadings by the U.S. Army or Marines. Similar as well in Iraq.

Have I seen a beheading by US army or marines? No, but I have seen hundreds of women and children get blown to peaces. I have seen innocent Iraqis get tortured to death etc..

Not to mention the murder of over a million Iraqi civilians in direct result of US invasion.

Taliban atrocities are evident, but you can't use those incidents, and claim the US some how has a superior moral, or that somehow those atrocities gives the US the right to invade (US mentality (liberate)) Afghanistan.

The difference between US and Taliban? Taliban have families in that land, kids, wives, they are farmers, laborers, blablablabla. US soldiers and marines don't even know why they are there, killing people they never met in their life.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 05:39 AM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

It's called Blind Faith for good reason.

No you are mistaken its called loyalty. Backing your brothers & backing the troops fighting for us

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 05:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by phatpackage

It's called Blind Faith for good reason.

No you are mistaken its called loyalty. Backing your brothers & backing the troops fighting for us

Main Entry: blind faith
Part of Speech: n
Definition: belief without true understanding, perception, or discrimination

dictionary.reference.com...

That fits what you have said so far to a T..
I'd prefer to question the actions of our leaders..

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 06:20 AM
link   
The CIA don’t just buzz around in their drones launching anti-tank missiles all over the place, then turn up on the ground and see who they got like some kind of terrorist lucky-dip.

The two men will have been watched and identified long before they were killed and a lot if not most of the leg-work will have been done by British intelligence agencies.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 09:34 AM
link   
I don't care what color they were, or from which country they oozed like slime. If you take up arms and enter battle against the US, you are stupid; and STUPID SHOULD HURT.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Soshh

It doesn't matter any more... The US and anyone that is considered an ally is going to be blamed for anything and everything. I am sure we are asked by several Govts. to get involved/drone attack their countries.. But these countries CAN NOT let their people know that they back the US's moves.

Get used to it.. It will only get worse. We have become the whipping boy for all things gone wrong around the world.

We could cure cancer/aids/hunger - but with everything we have done or been accused of doing, we will never clear our name.

This is a main reason that I think a ww3 is necessary. I just hope it starts WITHOUT the US.. We can sit back and let the world shoot the Sheet out of itself..

Then will come the begging for our involvement.. At this point.. I would vote NO.. on helping anyone out.

We should pull all of our troops and all of our bases out of EVERY country.. Then inform our allies that we will no longer be fighting in anyone else's wars.

Give it 2 years.. The Korean Peninsula will be known as the Korean desert. Israel and everyone around it, would be decimated. Taiwan would be sucked up by china...

We do not go to war unless a COUNTRY (not individual) attacks our mainland... Then we go out with no gloves and level their entire country.. NO NUKES .. because this country is now ours.. If the people dont like it.. LEAVE.. Everyone would leave us alone..

All of the troops brought home would be used for our infrastructure and Govt. jobs.. We are already paying them.. lets put them to work ..not war!

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

yeah they can theyve been doin it for years

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by phatpackage

so lets say russia comes over to the us and kills ur family u become a freedom fighter to avenge ur family death...u are now labeled a terrorist buddy

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by backinblack

Originally posted by Clisen33

Source on those facts?

Have you ever thought about the atrocities the Taliban commit on it's own people?

Do you really need sources??
Are you that naive???

But we are supposed to debate the topic, not the poster..

Can't cite sources so fall on your own sword?

Did the Taliban kill as many as have been killed since the US came to help?
Show me the stats....

What?

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Do you really need sources??

Of course.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 11:48 AM
link   

I think Obama needs to be charged with hate crime. Black men hitting on whites is a no no.

What... What the heck does the color of a man's skin have to do with the killing of another man? Just the fact that you say this points to you as a racist. And you actually got STARS!!!??? What the hell is wrong with you people. Your insighting hate by making these kind of comments. What makes the "whites" so special and untouchable. We're responsible for more than enough hatred in this world. When's it going to stop? Another hundred years and were all just going to start blending together. You won't be able to differentiate by race as easily due to the multicultural relationships and births taking place in today's culture. In case your wondering... I'm a Canadian Cracker... blonde hair blue eyes. Sometimes I'm embarrassed at the comments coming from other whites.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by PsychNurse

wow... So Sarcasm is a new idea to you sir? wo wo wo. Easy there fella... He was surely just joking..
again wow wow wow !

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Resurrectio
reply to post by PsychNurse

wow... So Sarcasm is a new idea to you sir? wo wo wo. Easy there fella... He was surely just joking..
again wow wow wow !

So what part of it fit into sarcasm? I guess that's your perspective... not a joke... I didn't see a tee hee in there... did you?

edit on 16-12-2010 by PsychNurse because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

I'd like to see where it is exactly that you have "proven fact" that the US has murdered journalists... I know you'll probably hint to the WikiLeaks rueters reporters being gunned down by the helicopter but that was classified as a war error, things like that happen when your in the middle of the #. So I'll sit here and wait for all these "facts" of journalists being murdered by America in Afghanistan... please I'd love to see it I really would.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Then if they are facts please show me the detailed outline of where the Taliban is funded by the US... I'm waiting.

2nd line.

Actually in further review of your posts you've been asked this question and you deflected it by asking that poster another question... Another "I have facts guy", who then avoids, deflects, and will eventually deny ever stating that they were "facts" in the first place. So Again do you care to back up that statement with "facts" or would you like to just live behind your fantasy where what you say is right and facts from you aren't needed? You know Hitler was the same way.
edit on 16-12-2010 by NoJoker13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by oozyism

Doesn't matter how you explain the geopolitical mumbo jumbo. All of them are related to fighting against Islamists for decades. Let me ask you this, why has Russia not won the war even in their own soil? They bomb the crap out of the Chechens and still have not contained the attacks on Russia for example trains, planes, schools even theaters. All those attacks would have been enough to go to war against Islamic terrorists, but it seems the Russians are giving up.

The problem would be solved if violence was set a side and instead new approaches, human approaches was taken place.

There is two side to the story.

1. Russia wants its territories.
2. The resistance fighters don't want to be part of Russian territories.

It isn't that hard, once you know the problem, you can find a solution.

But if you just confuse yourself intentionally through ignorance, then that is your problem.

I enjoyed this post where you talk about the "human" approach, quite a contrast from what you were spitting a few pages ago stating that you think it is the worlds content to see the USA bombed... Where was your human approach then?

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join