It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The High Mayan Council Has Spoken for the First Time in 500 Years.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by wcitizen

the problem with 2012, is that there's mayan calandars that go past 2012, some for a few more centuries, everyone just harps on the one that ends 2012,

by the same rational, we should panic every Dec, as that's always when our own calandar ends

plus, given the current state of the mayans, I'm surprised there's still a mayan high council that can speak with any authority on it.

edit on 16-12-2010 by Gren because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Are people still going on about the world ending in 2012? Grow up! People have been predicting times for the end of the world for a loooong time, and has the world ended? no. Im only 14 and im more mature than some adults. Thats sad.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by magestyk7

"It's a proven fact that ancient civilizations(Mayan's, Hopi's, Symerians, Egyptians, Greeks) had more knowledge of the solar system and its behavior a thousands of years ago than NASA."

I would very much like this proven. So the ancients knew that the Sun was actually a big ball of hydrogen being fused into helium and later produces carbon and other elements. And then it explodes and condenses to start over again.

You may be able to claim that the ancients had PHILOSOPHIES which explain Universal law.
If i said everything in the universe came frome 1 source, I cant claim also to know how everything works.

Basically I'm saying that the Ancients Had no where near the knowledge of Physics as we do today.
What they did have was more knowledge than we had previously thought.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockstrongo37
So what is the compelling evidence here that the Mayan Council is presenting? Who is this Council anyway? Remember the Mayan disappeared long ago, so anyone could at this point identify themselves as a "high council" if they wanted and probably have little resistance to their claim.

This whole 2012 thing I suspect, and again this is just a suspicion, is a clever distraction by those unseen powers that run this planet both economically and politically. They use Hollywood in movies like "2012" to get everyone all riled up and just to make our fears even more valid, they orchestrate worldwide disasters in the political arena and in the banking systems.

This feeds our nightmares and creates panic, all the while the real damage is being done beyond our ability to perceive and we become the puppets they want us to be.

Again this is just my opinion, but every 2012 prophesy ever uttered has come up false, every doomsday scenario has come up false, and each time we panic as a people....they take a little more of our freedoms away from us....legislatively....legally.

Bingo! the clue is when they add in the One World crap.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 06:16 PM
link   

I'm not really sure what to think.

One story says the mayans are saying its all bs. This one says its the eotw.

whatever.

We have plenty of other bs going on besides a pole shift to worry about.

Regardless, be ready to roll at a moments notice. Be armed. Be stockpiled.

IF it does happen, people are gonna be as crazy as a crap house rat!

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by SoundTheory

"It's a proven fact that ancient civilizations(Mayan's, Hopi's, Symerians, Egyptians, Greeks) had more knowledge of the solar system and its behavior a thousands of years ago than NASA."

I would very much like this proven. So the ancients knew that the Sun was actually a big ball of hydrogen being fused into helium and later produces carbon and other elements. And then it explodes and condenses to start over again.

You may be able to claim that the ancients had PHILOSOPHIES which explain Universal law.
If i said everything in the universe came frome 1 source, I cant claim also to know how everything works.

Basically I'm saying that the Ancients Had no where near the knowledge of Physics as we do today.
What they did have was more knowledge than we had previously thought.

Lol, I think you misunderstood what I said. What you bringing up is precise scientific analysis.
What I'm talking about is the type that when most people though the world was flat. THEY KNEW is was ROUND.
While most people though the Earth was the center of the universe, THEY KNEW the SUN was the CENTER.
When people like you didnt know what the hell was happening to the moon and why it was getting black. THEY KNEW it was an ECLIPSE and KNEW the precise time all of them were taking place.
While NASA was trying to figure out HOW MANY PLANETS were on the solar system.
THEY KNEW ALL OF THEM ALREADY.
Remember All this was recent(few hundred years) and THEY(Old Civilization) Had knowlege of it. It's the only way to predict Every Celestial event.
LASTLY.....,while most TODAY are not aware of the Galactic Alignment, THEY KNEW its GOING TO HAPPEN.

That's what I was talking about.

~Cheers
edit on 16-12-2010 by magestyk7 because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-12-2010 by magestyk7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gren

the problem with 2012, is that there's mayan calandars that go past 2012, some for a few more centuries, everyone just harps on the one that ends 2012,

by the same rational, we should panic every Dec, as that's always when our own calandar ends

plus, given the current state of the mayans, I'm surprised there's still a mayan high council that can speak with any authority on it.

edit on 16-12-2010 by Gren because: (no reason given)

The Mayans are not saying the world ends in 2012 - not at all, quite the opposite, in fact.

second

edit on 16-12-2010 by wcitizen because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by felonius

I'm not really sure what to think.

One story says the mayans are saying its all bs. This one says its the eotw.

whatever.

Lol! They're not saying its the eotw...at least the ones in this article aren't. They're saying it will change and will be a much better world.

We have plenty of other bs going on besides a pole shift to worry about.

Regardless, be ready to roll at a moments notice. Be armed. Be stockpiled.

IF it does happen, people are gonna be as crazy as a crap house rat!

ROFL!

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Danbones

I dont need extensive research into this to know that 12x1000= 12000 not 5200

However I have done extensive research into the Mystery religions and the goals of One World religion ect.

Sorry but my logic is grounded in fact.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 06:27 PM
link   
In my very humble opinion, I believe that no Mayan would release knowledge for monetary gain.

Just say'n.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by 4antar

thats right, this is the proverbial "Avatar" tree, still no one cares, we have been trying very hard to get the word out, I will make a post with more info, and some video and pictures I have of the site, this year we will be going on the third week of February. The Wirikuta is sacred not only for its symbolic religious context, but also its many electromagnetic anomalies, I wish you could visit it someday, words about it simply cannot transmit the sheer beauty and power of the place...

The ancients knew things we cant even imagine, we now know things the ancients couldn't even imagine!

Its all the same, and when the time comes, we will see who was right all along, all of us in this collective suicide, can see the end of the cliff up ahead, but we cant recognize it for what it really is.
edit on 16-12-2010 by TheOneEyedProphet because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by xxshadowfaxx

You say we need to grow up, but what will you be saying if this were to happen? Oh it isn't because the Mayans predicted it. It was a complete coincidence.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by xxshadowfaxx

Anyone who`s looked into tbe decline of the magnetosphere, will know, that it`s fading down, to zero gauss, and was last measure, as an average, to be about .5, when in past times, it was as high as 50 or even 100 or something like that (would have to do some research to verify the actual rate of decline). Make no mistake though, the magetosphere is going down to zero, and this is a cyclical thing. Other than the energy from food, and the eletromagnetic pulses from the brain, the magnetosphere is the only other form of energy the body has access to, for all cellular regeneration. Studies have been done on this. it`s not pretty, what the human being goes through, in a zero gauss field - VERY depressing, to the nth degree. I would call such a thing, a global dark night of the soul, and it`s coming, unfortunately.
This is speculation, but it`s my belief that when this happens, increasingly so, as it already is, we, the human being, as well as the animals, will attempt to access other energy systems, eminating from the Galaxy itself.

If true, and it appears to be so, psycho-spiritually, if there's anything we can do to prepare ourselves, to make it as painless as possible, would be to become more balanced, in terms of our masculin/feminine aspects, and no, that doesn't imply a "pole reversal" of our sexual orientation or anything like that.

P.S. There is a "treatment" or a way of shielding one's self from it when it happens, or I should say as it's happening, and that involves a bed of negatively polarized magnets (negative, until the pole shift that is, after which, you'd have to get a positive one!), accessible here magneticosleep.com...

However, if this is "meant to be" and if it's something that we are all going to go throgh together, imho, it would be the most selfish, and potentially foolish thing, to try to evade the effects of it, which, according to the wise ones is "all good" in the final analysis, however difficult and painful it may seem for a while. Same thing for those who are wanting to stockpile weapons and stuff, for firing on maurading zombies, as needed. If you do that, you're just a coward imo, unwilling to face the music, and allow whatever will be, to be.

edit on 16-12-2010 by NewAgeMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 07:21 PM
link   
You seem to put a lot of faith in these words from a random internet blog.

Bah. Just, bah.

Just remember this: "No one knows the date or time".
edit on 16-12-2010 by susp3kt because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by trailertrash

The magnetic pole is presently not in agreement with the geographical north pole. No matter. We call the difference magnetic variation.

They never have precisely coincided, as far as I know. Certainly not within my lifetime. I have data on the magnetic field going back to about 1516 or so, and they've never coincided in that span of time. Navigators call this difference "declination". The magnetic pole constantly "wanders" or meanders relative to the surface. It's always walking. Maps where high accuracy for navigational purposes is required give a "declination diagram", showing the variation at that point, and always give a year where the data are correct.

The magnetic poles should never be confused with the geographic poles (aka the "axis or "spin poles").

OK so if it shifts some more down into Russia then it will be a new variation which will have to taken into account by those whose business is navigation. There is no reason to suppose that the arctic environments will move away from where they are now. This is because of the axis of the earth, not the magnetic fields of the earth. There is no indication that the axis must be affected by the magnetic field. Possible I suppose but I admit here that I am not sure about it. The axis is balanced with the rotational centers in the cores. We will see.

A spinning planet can be thought of as a huge gyroscope. The spin pole "precesses" (describes a circle) over time, measured in geological time, not years or minutes. Just as gyroscopes are stable due to their spin, so is a planet, but on a much larger scale. There will be no sudden shift in the spin pole without the action of an outside force, such as an impact by a truly huge chunk of something knocking it off the axis. In that event, the shift of the spin axis would be the least of our worries - at least it would be the least of the worries of the survivors. All three of them, assuming even that many could survive an impact large enough to knock the Earth off it's axis.

Again, the spin pole is not to be confused with the magnetic pole.

The bit about darkness for (what was it?) 30 hours makes no sense to me. The sun will still shine will it not? The earth will still rotate will it not?

For darkness to reign for 30 hours, one of two things have to happen. Either the sun must go out, or the Earth must stop spinning. Again, if the sun puffs out, we won't have to worry about the darkness for very long. The batteries in our flashlights will survive about a long as we do. For the Earth to stop spinning, again the action of an outside force is required to stop the spin, as in a huge impact from the direction opposite the spin direction. I've already mentioned the ramifications of such an impact, so likely there would be no one left alive to notice that the darkness didn't cover the entire planet, only the half that stopped opposite the sun.

I mean if it stops we will all fall off.

Nope. we are held to the surface by gravity, not centripedal force. However, with an impact large enough to stop the spin, it's likely that a very large chunk of the Earth would be carried away, thus reducing the gravitational attraction. I don't think enough could be carried away to cancel the attraction altogether, though.

Also the disappearance of the magnetic field of the earth seems a bit much. The moment that happens our atmosphere will begin to be ripped away and we will all need to get underground for protection from solar radiation. So long as the relative movement between the inner and outer cores of our planet continue the result will be magnetism.

Actually, they're partially right there. The magnetic field strength fluctuates, sometimes stronger, sometimes weaker, and at time so weak as to be practically non-existent. During those episodes of the most weakness, the magnetic field often undergoes a sudden shift, which has been demonstrated to have happened many times over geological time. Somehow, the Earth and all of her inhabitants have managed to survive, every time.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 07:23 PM
link   
The 13th skull was under my bed all that time. Can I pull it out now?

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by AuirOverrun
Are people still going on about the world ending in 2012? Grow up! People have been predicting times for the end of the world for a loooong time, and has the world ended? no. Im only 14 and im more mature than some adults. Thats sad.

You were doing so well up until the bolded sentence. Then you just made yourself look like those people on YouTube that make videos where they play guitar covers of songs, and the video title is "NIRVANA SMELLS LIKE TEEN SPIRIT GUITAR COVER ONLY 14!!!!!!!!". No one cares. You've got the mental capactiy to be self aware and have rational thought.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 07:53 PM
link   

well said,.
I agree that there is still a great mystery with history,.
and why does it seem that the knowledge nearly all disappeared.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by magestyk7

Lol, I think you misunderstood what I said. What you bringing up is precise scientific analysis.
What I'm talking about is the type that when most people though the world was flat. THEY KNEW is was ROUND.
While most people though the Earth was the center of the universe, THEY KNEW the SUN was the CENTER.

The sun IS NOT the CENTER of the universe

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 08:09 PM
link   
HUH THAT WOULD BE MORE BELIEVABLE IF IT WAS NOT IN ALL CAPS. And now I am typing with proper capitalization. Don't I seem like a sane rational person now? Well, all I can say right now is that is sure is a strange thoery.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join