It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Terror Alert Just Raised (3/17/2003)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2003 @ 09:11 PM
link   
The terror alert was just raised to Orange moments after the presidents speech....

www.washingtonpost.com...

I would not be surprised to see suicide bombings start within 24-48 hours across the country....

**With the Bump of this thread, I added the date to preclude any false alarms

[edit on 25-11-2004 by TrickmastertricK]

posted on Mar, 17 2003 @ 09:17 PM
link   
They are expecting multiple attacks, and have asked the governors of each state to mobilize the National Guard to certain areas. They also cite suspicious activity around bridges, dams etc... recently.

www.whitehouse.gov...

Scary...

[Edited on 3-18-2003 by William One Sac]

posted on Mar, 17 2003 @ 09:31 PM
link   
I just heard that on CNN. On ABC they just went "on the scene" in several different cities and it sounds like the country is going on freaking lockdown. This really sucks. This is going to be a very hairy couple of weeks I think. I have this sinking feeling in my belly... anyone else??

On a lighter note... That is the BEST Spooky avatar yet!!

[Edited on 18-3-2003 by observer]

posted on Mar, 17 2003 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Holy crap....

Just got alphapaged, all of our guys (and we are NOT HAZMAT first responders, although we have been "drafted" as emergency backup to HAZMAT since we have SCBA training) have been instructed to report in TONIGHT to get Level A gear (consisting of tyvek isolation suits and Scott Airpack SCBA).

Fortunately, I have been riding around with mine in my tool box for the last month and a half....

Still, this is the first time we have been so instructed.... If they call us for first response, that is a VERY BAD THING...

posted on Mar, 17 2003 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Dragonrider, where in the hell are you in the States? All it says under location is "Southern." I would like to know if I need to raise my personal terror alert level another notch or so.

posted on Mar, 17 2003 @ 09:45 PM
link   
I would prefer not to reveal my exact location on ATS right now, but I will say I am in the southern US, in the gulf coast region, within close proximity to numerous military bases.

posted on Mar, 17 2003 @ 09:49 PM
link   
I am far away from you then. But I hope you are safe and sound. Be careful if you called in for anything heinous.

posted on Mar, 17 2003 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Thank you very much. It is highly appreciated. I hope not to get called, as we are here mainly to clean up the mess after HAZMAT, but if it gets bad enough that they put us in the front lines, IT IS BAD....

posted on Mar, 17 2003 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Yes please be careful. Here around Mid-Atlantic, they announced on TV that they are making preparations themselves. They had better be EXTRA damned focused on the train & subway stations.

posted on Mar, 17 2003 @ 09:58 PM
link   
I would certainly advise avoiding any large public gatherings, and avoid using any kind of mass public transit, especially subways. Not only would these be prime targets for a gas or other attack, in the event that an attack takes place and disrupts power or other infrastructure, you would likely be stranded. You need a form of transportation under your control...

posted on Mar, 17 2003 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Unfortunately that is not an option everybody can take. Some people have to use mass transportation. But it is a good idea to try and think of contingency plans should something happen. I heard a leader of hamas (sp?) saying that the second US forces stepped foot on Iraqi soil, the suicide bombers were going to strike.

On a lighter note, thank you Observer!

posted on Mar, 18 2003 @ 02:31 AM
link   
some terrorist group leader not sure who but i could have thought it was the hamas leader said they do not wish to fight with the americans. Their only fight is with the people of Israel. But if we stepped foot in lebanon then they would fight the us to the death. Atleast this is what i saw in fox news or cnn or some news tv show. I'll try to find a link and post it.

[Edited on 18-3-2003 by Twiztid]

posted on Mar, 18 2003 @ 02:44 AM
link   
hey, I dont mean to scare you, but it looks as though there are some 'foreign troops' about in Southern Texas.

'Texas sheriff warns of unidentified troops
Believes armed men in fatigues spotted within country are foreign'

www.worldnetdaily.com...

don't know what it means, but get ready for another staged 'attack'

'A southern Texas sheriff is warning the public that unidentified armed men dressed in military fatigues have been spotted on numerous occasions in his county near the border with Mexico.'

[Edited on 18-3-2003 by Grommer]

posted on Mar, 18 2003 @ 03:14 AM
link   
You can't be scared all the time. Yes, there will be terrorist attacks, and they will be quite frequent, anyone with a modicum of intelligence can tell you that much.

However, you only have to worry if you are near a sensitive area.

Such areas would be:

1: Power Plants
2: Military installations
3: American Landmarks

As for Hamas, that poster was correct when he said they are not at war with the American people. The truth is that they only hate the U.S. government, not the U.S. citizens.

Of course, this distinction was easily forgotten by the 9/11 hi-jackers.

posted on Mar, 18 2003 @ 07:41 AM
link   
I heard this morning that as soon as the first shots are fired in Iraq that the alert level would, most likely, be raised to RED. Now this really scares me.

Anyone else hear this? Any thoughts?

posted on Mar, 18 2003 @ 07:55 AM
link   
I live on Long Island, and I live near Brookhaven Labs, Grumman, Power Plants (closer to the east end of the island) and there are a lot of court houses and such. Now im getting a bit nervous, because theres plenty here to keep terrorists busy.

posted on Mar, 18 2003 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tetsuo-51
I live on Long Island, and I live near Brookhaven Labs, Grumman, Power Plants (closer to the east end of the island) and there are a lot of court houses and such. Now im getting a bit nervous, because theres plenty here to keep terrorists busy.

I don't blame you for being so. Be careful but not paranoid. I'm lucky enough to live in a fairly inoccuous area, that is probably low on the terror hit list. Fort Knox is near by but other than that nothing else. i did hear alot of helicopters fly over last night, heading east so I am thinking they are in D.C.

posted on Mar, 18 2003 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by observer
I don't blame you for being so. Be careful but not paranoid. I'm lucky enough to live in a fairly inoccuous area, that is probably low on the terror hit list. Fort Knox is near by but other than that nothing else. i did hear alot of helicopters fly over last night, heading east so I am thinking they are in D.C.

Yeah, I will be careful not to get myself into a bad state of mind. Interesting thing about the helicopters. We'll all be seeing a lot more of them too.

posted on Nov, 25 2004 @ 10:26 PM
link   
*Bump.*

What a big distraction from real world events that terror threat of March 2003 was. And every one thereafter.

And that is how the Bush admin's manipulation of media and real events works. How long after this did they announce a magnificent victory with the toppling of a statue in front of rent-a-crowd in Baghdad... then how long after that did military shirker George W Bush get up in fighter pilot gear to join the victorious servicemen on their aircraft carrier on the way home?

Dig into the annals (double "n") of ATS history and you may find similar much ado about nothing, while the major word-changing (and deteriorating) milestones pass by with comparatively little notice.

posted on Nov, 25 2004 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Is this a Thanksgiving hoax, like the Halloween one?

EDIT: I didn't see the date, and I didn't fully digest what MA said.

[edit on 25-11-2004 by curme]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join