It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Woman sues McDonald's over Happy Meals

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555

Originally posted by Aggie Man
This woman is right, to an extent. McDonalds clearly offers toys with their disgustingly unhealthy food. Kids want the toys, not the adults.

However, she is forgetting one simple thing: She holds the cash....she makes the decisions....she buys the food. Whether one agrees with McDonalds marketing ploys or not, one thing we can agree on is parental responsibility, no?

This is all part of the Progressives agenda to completely control everyone and everything. Next they will be wanting the State to raise their children in camps and change their Babies diapers for them.

I thought states were already doing this?

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555
This is all part of the Progressives agenda to completely control everyone and everything. Next they will be wanting the State to raise their children in camps and change their Babies diapers for them.

Ummm, no! I resent the progressive agenda comment. I am progressive, yet I don't fault McDonalds. Some progressives would like to blame lack of parental responsibility on McDonalds....actually, strike that...they want to remove the "evil", so the tempting choice isn't available. Again, that is some progressives. Want me to paint regressives with such a broad brush?

To be honest, the issue starts with parental choices; however, McDonalds does act irresponsibly on this issue. You can't blame them for trying to turn a buck; however, that is a major issue with regressives...turn a buck at anyone else's cost.

My thought is...where are the health food organizations at? Seriously, why don't the "healthy" alternative food providers also offer a "happy meal" to compete against the fattening of America?

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by machines4200
this is hiiiiiiiiiilarious.

dumb broad... HELLOOOO its a damn happy meal. it worked on me as a kid to... i dont get how she even can find a lawyer to represent her. the courts will S$%^ on this women.

It's California, they are famous for frivolous lawsuits. This suit would never have been filed in Michigan as we have a frivolus lawsuit law here and no attorney would touch with a ten foot pole..

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 10:34 PM
link   
It's lawsuits like this that make me say, "Stupidity should be painful".

How about trying to be a parent instead? You know, if you don't want your children to have a happy meal, don't give them a happy meal. Who'd a thunk that would work?

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aquarius1

this is hiiiiiiiiiilarious.

dumb broad... HELLOOOO its a damn happy meal. it worked on me as a kid to... i dont get how she even can find a lawyer to represent her. the courts will S$%^ on this women.

It's California, they are famous for frivolous lawsuits. This suit would never have been filed in Michigan as we have a frivolus lawsuit law here and no attorney would touch with a ten foot pole..

ya im right across the border from you...its the same here... you would be a fool to take this as a lawyer.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Sorry, "market directly to young children"? Do the young children make the financial decisions in her house? Because you don't market to someone who has no money. You market to the spoiled children of irresponsible parents who can't say no. The only guilty one here is this woman.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 11:54 PM
link   

A California woman is suing McDonald's claiming the fast-food giant uses toys to market directly to young children. ...

Hum. Exactly how young are these children that are being targeted? And exactly how much spending power do these youngsters have at their disposal anyhow? It can't be that much. And why aren't their parents supervising the spending habits of their children? Maybe it's the parents fault for living too close to a McDonalds. Maybe they should move far enough away so that the chunkster ends up walking that burger off on their way back home. Say, why not just make a law that prohibits selling of food to children, thus forcing parental intervention to stop them from porking out behind their parents backs.

Gawd, they better get control of this situation fast if that socialized health care crap actually comes to be, otherwise the rest of us, the responsible ones, will be punished for the consequences of the irresponsible ones and forced (via involuntary servitude) to pay for all the sub-sequential medical costs of porko nation.

I read a report about a year ago that said 1/3rd of all Americans are overweight. Well hell, now I know why hunger is on the increase .. (drum roll please) .. all the FAT people ate all the hungry peoples food. Blame starvation on the fat people. Solve obesity and starvation by outlawing obesity!!! And lets find out who all the stupid people really are, lets put toys in all their meals, ha.

You know, I'm really starting to despise stupid people.
Lets just get rid of them all and never speak of this again.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Aggie Man

Agreed on your points. I am sick of people turning crap like this into a progressive/conservative argument. It is not. It is stupidity, plain and simple. This woman should be allowed to take this to court and then, when she loses, pay all costs associated with allowing this to play out in court. I am sick of the litigious nature of our whole country.. and it is NOT confined to one side or the other. Stop the vitriol and begin the dialogue.

On an unrelated note, apparently spell checker does not like the word dialogue (prefers dialog... color or colour? Who cares? both are correct)

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 02:35 PM
link   
We should all sue Toys R' Us for making such fun looking commercials aimed at young children who want toys...

Horrible business.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 02:41 PM
link   

We should all sue Toys R' Us for making such fun looking commercials aimed at young children who want toys...

Horrible business.

Oh and another thing, theyre AREN'T millions of geoffrey all under one roof, i've looked, theyre liars, lets SUEEEEEEEE.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 02:48 PM
link   
After that we can take down HotWheels!!!

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Sad thing is..here in the USA this sort of person wins the law suit. but the kid that swallows the toy chokes and dies gets the lawsuit thrown out

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join