It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Woman sues McDonald's over Happy Meals

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 06:31 PM
link   

A California woman is suing McDonald's claiming the fast-food giant uses toys to market directly to young children. Monet Parham, a Sacramento, California, mother of two small children filed the lawsuit Wednesday in San Francisco along with health, nutrition and food safety advocates Center for Science in the Public Interest . CSPI is seeking court approval to proceed as a class action.

CNN

I hate to say it, but I side with McDonalds on this one.

It's called marketing, and if a company, no matter how big or small, wants to offer a toy with there food, they have every right.

Should McDonalds be sued? Possibly, but do so for not adhering to public health concerns, not for a brilliant marketing idea. They aren't forcing you to purchase a happy meal.

This is no different than me suing walmart for having a display of toys where kids see them.
edit on 15-12-2010 by thewholepicture because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 06:37 PM
link   
this is hiiiiiiiiiilarious.

dumb broad... HELLOOOO its a damn happy meal. it worked on me as a kid to... i dont get how she even can find a lawyer to represent her. the courts will S$%^ on this women.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by machines4200

I work front of house in MCdonalds, blowing up baloons cleaning tables, looking after customers, if you wish you can get your kids a happy meal contained fish fingers, apple pieces, carrots sticks with milk water or tropicana, there is a choice. No one puts a gun to anyones head to make them eat at macdonalds. In fact i have only one pet hate with the restaurant but i wont bring it up here.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 06:43 PM
link   
So, it's McDonald's fault that she can't say "no" to her kids? I once spoke with a woman from Denmark and she said, "You know, I've travelled all over the world, but this is the only country I've ever been to where the kids tell the parents what to do."

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Thats it.. im taking her to court.. for stupidity.. same thing right?

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by machines4200
Thats it.. im taking her to court.. for stupidity.. same thing right?

No, because you might actually have a case.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 06:49 PM
link   
The parents are the ones capable of enforcing whether or not their kids can eat at said fast food place, I hope this case is thrown out its just some scumbag looking for a quick buck.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Whats even worse, is how many other parents are going to try to come forward with the same complaint.

Then people wonder why the state is trying to get custody of your kids. Man/Woman up, and raise your kids, do we really have to tell parent that NO means NO? Well, I guess so.

Peace, NRE.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 06:53 PM
link   
I'm suing Mcdonalds cause I'm scared of giant yellow M's. Drives me nuts!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Myendica
I'm suing Mcdonalds cause I'm scared of giant yellow M's. Drives me nuts!!!!!!!!!!

Those are M's???

I always thought they were upside down W's

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Wow man. WE have become a crazy sue-happy Nation. Next someone will find a reason to sue them over happy meals because they market it towards children.

Can i sue Fox News for marketing propaganda towards t.v viewers?

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 06:56 PM
link   
This is what you get when liberalism runs wild. Nothing is ever "your fault" or your responsibility. Let the government(in this case the judicial branch) take that decision making responsibility away from you so you don't have to hurt little johnny's feelings.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by SKinLaBCan i sue Fox News for marketing propaganda towards t.v viewers?
Only if I can do the same to cnn and msnbc

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 06:59 PM
link   
She does not have the right to sue just because she is a bad parent.

My math teacher was talking to us about this in bio class. Everyone agreed the chick was a bad parent for not saying No.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 07:05 PM
link   
This woman is right, to an extent. McDonalds clearly offers toys with their disgustingly unhealthy food. Kids want the toys, not the adults.

However, she is forgetting one simple thing: She holds the cash....she makes the decisions....she buys the food. Whether one agrees with McDonalds marketing ploys or not, one thing we can agree on is parental responsibility, no?

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 07:10 PM
link   
You would think that part of this "parenting" issue would be in reference to all of the additives, and chemicals in those meals, but nooooooo, thats way to simple, lets go for obvious marketing, and then we have a shot.

If I were a lawyer for McDonald's, Id offer her only 2 things. A 6 week parenting course, and a lifetime supply of happy meals

Peace, NRE.
edit on 15-12-2010 by NoRegretsEver because: spell check

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by thewholepicture

So McDonalds is now responsible for raising and teaching this woman's children for her? Cheap opportunist with a bad Lawyer.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 07:28 PM
link   
if rat poison came with a super keen toy, what would the parent do under those circumstances? all the kid knows is he wants the toy. he's 5. it's his job to want toys. it's practically a bodily function. its the parents job to teach the child what is and what isn't healthy to eat regardless of what it comes with or how delicious it is. is it out of the question to insist that parents actually do in fact 'parent'?

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aggie Man
This woman is right, to an extent. McDonalds clearly offers toys with their disgustingly unhealthy food. Kids want the toys, not the adults.

However, she is forgetting one simple thing: She holds the cash....she makes the decisions....she buys the food. Whether one agrees with McDonalds marketing ploys or not, one thing we can agree on is parental responsibility, no?

This is all part of the Progressives agenda to completely control everyone and everything. Next they will be wanting the State to raise their children in camps and change their Babies diapers for them.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 07:33 PM
link   
No one's children are more relentless than mine.

The word "No" or ignoring them when they decide to throw themselves on the floor and scream bloody murder, or frog marching them out of the store are all options. Options I use. Regularly.

While I hate that a toy at the cash is something one of my children will literally blow a fit for, I still NEVER get it for them.

Parenthood - not for the weak.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join