It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OMG how can peeple diffend evulotion after Kent Hovind and Ray Comfort PROOVED that it is a Lie???

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by christina-66

I shall look out for your coherent argument at a more, um, godly hour and at a later date.

I am rather upset, I have to say, that I can get nearly as many flags and repliers with a tongue-in-cheek mockery of an opposing point of view as I have got with a logical reconstruction of the theory of evolution elsewhere on ATS. I shan't be crying myself to sleep over it, but it still hurts.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 08:25 AM
link   
reply to post by TheWill

ATS seems to favour the soundbite. I've seen some tremendously thought out and researched threads and posts receive little to no attention while some bonkers threads (no other word for them - 'Angel Hair' is a good example) go on for pages.

Send me the link to your actual thread on the subject please. I'd likely find it extremely interesting.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 08:46 AM
link   

My thread on the theory of evolution is the top link in my signature - the "(that thread I made... about evolution and stuff...)" one. It doesn't say anything evolutionary hypotheses, just the logical (in my view) basis for saying "things evolve".

If you want to talk specific hypotheses (e.g. where humans came from, why snakes have no legs, why modern wasps and crocodiles aren't that far removed from their ancestors) in that thread, though, I'm more than happy to say what I think.
edit on 16/12/2010 by TheWill because: added link

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 08:47 AM
link   
reply to post by TheWill

I would have laughed much harder if it wasn't so true. If you're into this sort of comedy look up YouTube user NephilimFree. He's one of those people that's utterly serious, yet you can't imagine how he could be.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheWill
Seriously, I have been reeding through this forrum and their arr sow meny peeple who towtally thinnk that evulotion is reel, they arr ignoring soo much evidence frum peeple like Kent Hovind and Ray Comfort, who have yused REEL SCIUNCE to PROOVE that it is a compleet fabbrickation, sow HOW can peeple still be seying that evulotion is reel?

Its' because reels go round and all these atheist god hating evolutionists have been blinded buy Satan so there spinning round and round so fast they can't see the truth and there all going two fry in hell for maternity muahahaha.

Four starts, Ray Comfort is SOOO rite wen he compairs the domustic banana to a pepsi can, it is so towtally the same - do thees evulotionists thinnk that the domustic banana just evulved to be shaped to fit in the human hand, and alsow, the fruit is completely unfertile, and so wat whould bee the point of it evulving to make a unfertile fruit if it was nott for humans in the furst plaice?

No, yoove got it wrong. Cans have evolved. There watts known of as micro evolution. This guy hear explains it.

If you want to know more about the steel can, its history and evolution, read my post: The Revival of the Tin Can
Cans disprove macro evolution because no matter how long they have evolved, they've never turned into anything except rockets, and we all know they are just big tin cans, and outdoor toilets, which are still known of as "the can".

Also, Kent Hovind is a proffesor of sciunce, and so if anywun is going too no that evulotion is a LIE, it is going to be him, not sum stupid evulotionist that never eevun went too skhool. There is absulottly NO prooff four evulotion, well maybe micro, but nun at all for macro evulotion, which is just a LIE beleeved ownly by ineducaited peeple, I have lived on a farm MY HOLE LIFE, with all ov my famly - who buy the way nun of them are munkeys - and I have seen menny sheep giving burth to MOOR SHEEP, nevver to lions or giraffes or sum other evulotionist bs.

Right on, Bro. And I've noticed, even when you do it with the sheep they still don't give birth to lions or giraffes or evolutionists. I think you have to do it with horses to get them, and I'm not into that kind of thing. Besides, they keep kicking the box out from under my feet. Me sister managed, but we had to roll her up after that to fit her in the hole we dug under the cherry tree. You should taste my cherry's now, I think theyre micro-evolving into plums!!!!!

I found a picture of some moor sheep for you, but I can't find any menny sheep, so they might look different but that's alright because any kind of think can give birth to any kind of think of i'ts own species, thats' just micro evolution.

If enny evulotionists reed this, pleese explane to me how it is that yoo can thinnk that evulotion is reel when it is so clearly a complete fabrickation?

Well you and I, we no that god made man perfect, (and woman not so perfect,) and we know about that law that says stuff always goes from order to disorder because that's how we prove we didn't just happen by accident so we no we're just degenerating until we turn into globs of goo. Well we won't because we get to go butt naked to heaven in the rapture even this aunt of mine and I'll be there watching but all the Christine-persecuting evolutionists will untill Jesus comes back the last time because the baby Jesus loves everyone so much he has to burn most everyone for eternity.

And they got mixed up about ribs. They think if Eve was made out of a rib (I'm not talking about the other Eve wot was made out of dust,) men would have one less rib. But god, he planned it all along and gave men an extra rib in the first place just like he gave them extra brains!!!!

The differenc is you're allowed to use your rib, even if you can't, and your knot aloud to you'se you're brain or you'll reel-eyes religion is bunk and god don't like you knowing that and will have to burn you in hell too.

- Like this --->

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Kailassa

Originally posted by Kailassa

Originally posted by TheWill
Four starts, Ray Comfort is SOOO rite wen he compairs the domustic banana to a pepsi can, it is so towtally the same - do thees evulotionists thinnk that the domustic banana just evulved to be shaped to fit in the human hand, and alsow, the fruit is completely unfertile, and so wat whould bee the point of it evulving to make a unfertile fruit if it was nott for humans in the furst plaice?

No, yoove got it wrong. Cans have evolved. There watts known of as micro evolution. This guy hear explains it.

If you want to know more about the steel can, its history and evolution, read my post: The Revival of the Tin Can
Cans disprove macro evolution because no matter how long they have evolved, they've never turned into anything except rockets, and we all know they are just big tin cans, and outdoor toilets, which are still known of as "the can".

Anuther evulotionist LIE is wen they thinnk that cans and rokkets and toylets are maid by peeple, wen only GOD has the pour to maik ennything.

Also, Kent Hovind is a proffesor of sciunce, and so if anywun is going too no that evulotion is a LIE, it is going to be him, not sum stupid evulotionist that never eevun went too skhool. There is absulottly NO prooff four evulotion, well maybe micro, but nun at all for macro evulotion, which is just a LIE beleeved ownly by ineducaited peeple, I have lived on a farm MY HOLE LIFE, with all ov my famly - who buy the way nun of them are munkeys - and I have seen menny sheep giving burth to MOOR SHEEP, nevver to lions or giraffes or sum other evulotionist bs.

Right on, Bro. And I've noticed, even when you do it with the sheep they still don't give birth to lions or giraffes or evolutionists. I think you have to do it with horses to get them, and I'm not into that kind of thing. Besides, they keep kicking the box out from under my feet. Me sister managed, but we had to roll her up after that to fit her in the hole we dug under the cherry tree. You should taste my cherry's now, I think theyre micro-evolving into plums!!!!!

No, yoo gut evulotionism frum dooing it whith cows that have gut foot and mowth. My Unkol did it whith a cow that had foot and mouth wen he and my Mommy/Sister/Grandmuther/Wyf, und now hees an evulotionist. My Mommy/Sister/Grandmuther/Wyf sends him uh bible every Sun-Day, butt hee well nevver sea the lite.

Well you and I, we no that god made man perfect, (and woman not so perfect,) and we know about that law that says stuff always goes from order to disorder because that's how we prove we didn't just happen by accident so we no we're just degenerating until we turn into globs of goo. Well we won't because we get to go butt naked to heaven in the rapture even this aunt of mine and I'll be there watching but all the Christine-persecuting evolutionists will untill Jesus comes back the last time because the baby Jesus loves everyone so much he has to burn most everyone for eternity.

And they got mixed up about ribs. They think if Eve was made out of a rib (I'm not talking about the other Eve wot was made out of dust,) men would have one less rib. But god, he planned it all along and gave men an extra rib in the first place just like he gave them extra brains!!!!

The differenc is you're allowed to use your rib, even if you can't, and your knot aloud to you'se you're brain or you'll reel-eyes religion is bunk and god don't like you knowing that and will have to burn you in hell too.

Yuh, there wus this gurl on the farm nexxt dore, and shee started thinnking (I NO, OMG A GURL TRYED THINNKING!!!), and thenn shee wunt to yoonivarsty, and now shees gung to burn in hell forever, cus Jesus luvs her and shee dusnt cair.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Even though I found G-d I still believe in Evolution and the ideals behind the Evolution thought.
Thank you for your time.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Snickersman

I wondered why the extraordinarily minimalist post... then I realised that you now have just over 20.

I shall have to find out what this thread you are starting is.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by TheWill

okay? I was just replying with my own point of view about how I view evolution.
Did I offend you?

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Snickersman

No, I just get surprised when people make a serious statement concerning evolution in my shameless parody of Hovind-following Young Earth Creationists...

Serious statements on joke threads are surprising, you can't deny it.

EDIT: Oh, and seeing as you are/were R_R, that thread on "What are your views on evolution" in the creations forum was long overdue until you posted it. Thanks for that.
edit on 17/12/2010 by TheWill because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by TheWill

LOL...I had a look at your 'serious' thread on this subject and it is just way over my head (Only for the biology student). I think I'm probably more on this level....but you're still successfully making your point.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Darn it, that elitist biology jargon has infiltrated my vocabulary...

And it's the thing I hate most about the field, too. Sorry that I wrote it elitist-ly. I guess that explains why it hasn't had many replies...

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 02:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Snickersman
Even though I found G-d I still believe in Evolution and the ideals behind the Evolution thought.
Thank you for your time.

Please elaborate.
What are the ideals behind the Evolution thought?

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 06:41 AM
link   

Thank you for your time.

Please elaborate.

Introduction to Evolution
Wikipedia has a great article on evolution.

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Thank you for your time.

Please elaborate.

Introduction to Evolution
Wikipedia has a great article on evolution.

You mentioned ideals behind Evolution thought.
The Wiki page details the basics of evolution, but does not mention Evolution thoughts.
Nor does it make any mention of ideals.
In your own opinion, what are the "ideals behind the Evolution thought" to which you refer?

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Okay, first off, hello ATS. I have been following this site for close to five years now and have never signed up to post until today. I realize that this is supposed to be a 'joke' thread, and that's all fine and good. The OP is doing a bang-up job on that front and as someone who is a professional archaeologist/anthropologist and University professor, I can commend his(?) efforts on that front.

Originally posted by christina-66
reply to post by TheWill

If we are descended from apes - why are there still apes?

This question, in particular, is what made me decide to finally jump into the conversation, because I see it put forward a LOT in my line of work. I have to explain it to my students every year, so I will explain it now to you:

The problem with this line of thinking is that you are assuming that apes are apes, and have always been apes, as we know them today (chimpanzee/bonobos, gorillas, orangs, gibbons). Better to think of it like this: human beings are not descended from apes, rather we shared a common ancestor with apes, roughly 5-7 million years ago, by recent reckoning.

What that means is that, 5-7 mya, there was a creature walking the Earth who was not a human, but it was equally not an ape as we know 'apes'. Modern, 2010/11 great apes have been evolving along their own evolutionary line for 5-7mya, just as humans have. They are as far removed, evolutionarily-speaking, as we are from that (probably almost unrecognizable) creature that happened to spawn both lines. It's no different than the fact that canids (dogs) and ursids (bears) share a common ancestor as well. Sure, maybe dogs and bears could be argued as "closer" than humans and chimpanzees but, genetically-speaking, human-chimp is actually closer.

That is the question that tends to blow the theory out the water,

Sorry, no, it doesn't at all, as I hope I've illustrated. It's simply a case of misinformation and not understanding how evolution actually works.

Wasps have been the same since the age of the dinosaur - they have not changed. Neither have ferns.

As someone who is neither an entomologist nor an archaeo-botanist, I cannot comment on the specifics of these two cases. What I can tell you is that, if those statements are true (which they very well may not be...I didn't bother to check since it's irrelevant to the point I'm about to make), then those are illustrative of cases where an organism fits its niche so well that any random genetic mutations (the 'engine' that drives evolution) do not provide enough of a survival advantage to be selected for as new traits as the species remains outwardly largely unchanged.

Personally I do not like evolutionism as a theory.

I'm guessing 'evolutionism' probably doesn't like you much either, hahaha. But, it's willing to look past that fact, because of your mistaken idea that it's a "theory". It is not. Evolution/natural selection in biological organisms is an observable and lab-repeatable natural processes that is beyond debate.

Darwin's concepts were abused by the likes of Blavatsky and Hitler in support of 'survival of the fittest' and used to justify mass killing. 'After all'' said they, 'if they were meant to survive - they would have killed us.'

So what? So some evil folks made use of a scientific principle to suit their own evil agendas. WOW. That's totally, like never happened before or since...only with 'evolutionism'.

Meantime - where do we come from? What is your alternative theory?

As I've illustrated, we 'come from' a species that gave rise to both the 'human' and 'ape' (in the modern sense) lineages. This is not a question of belief, it is a statement of scientific fact. There is no reason you cannot believe that a creator caused the big bang or gave the initial 'spark' that set the evolutionary chain of events in motion, or designed the biological matrix upon which all aspects of nature operate. I may disagree with you, but I won't argue you on those points.

What I will argue is the idea that evolution is a 'theory' or that one somehow chooses to 'believe' or 'not believe' in evolution. That's like saying "I don't like heat as a theory. I can test for it and see it in action; other investigators can perform the same experiments I do and get the identical results, but it's just a theory". It makes no sense.

Caveat: christina-66 please don't take this as a personal attack. I see (and hear) this view posited all the time and this just happened to be the thread I acted on. No offense intended
edit on 29-12-2010 by ArchaeologyUnderground because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join