It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Austria: Judge Rules That Yodeling Offends Muslims

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xavialune
they were throwing rocks because they were muslims. they were most definitely and obviously muslim, by what they were wearing and how they behaved shouting what I assume were obsceneties in their language to me.

Throwing objects and hurling obscenities is the modus operandi of thugs the world over.

You still haven't explained how the fact that they were apparently Muslim led you to believe that their behaviour was a result of their religion ?

By your own admission, you couldn't understand what they were shouting at you.

How do you know they weren't just yobbos who happened to be Muslims ?

edit on 15-12-2010 by Sherlock Holmes because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Let's see - - - ya bomb a country to smithereens - - - continue assaulting it - - - destroy their infrastructure.

And then expect them to stay in their own country and/or assimilate into the culture/country they flee to.

Some odd logic there.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by ManBehindTheMask

And im against any ideology including Atheism , to keep me from doing what I want to do on my own property.

Heres the thing, Atheists think they are exempt from the same laws that they use to complain about religions..

You arent, its hypocritical actually........you opress someone elses freedom of religion, so that you can practice YOUR ideology of non religion..........

Its ridiculous........people who spend all their time being offended need to get a hobby, and quit being such whiney little babies about everything.........

Yeah, what HE said!

People who are so easily offended offend the HELL outta me!

There oughtta be a law....

Eh, they just need to have the piss slapped out of them... and then be slapped fer pissin'.
edit on 2010/12/15 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Xavialune

your avatar just trips me out man

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 08:38 PM
link   
when I said muslim country I meant a country predominately consisting of muslims (followers of Islam).

As for being yobs well, they could have been, were it not for the fact as I stated in my first post that I spoke with some of the locals afterward about the event. They said they had been having problems with such people for a while..

I suppose I should have further elaborated. The people in the venue told me that these muslims had been recently attacking people who were different looking or went against their own ideals. They theorized that the reason for this was mostly because Belgium had at that time recently made wearing their headscarves (the ones that cover the face) illegal due to not being able to identify criminals.

That's the reason these locals figured the lashing out at non-muslims was about. I personally don't care what it was about, I know they were muslims and I know why they were attacking me, and it is not ok.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sherlock Holmes

Originally posted by Fractured.Facade
What would happen if an American Christian living and working in Saudi Arabia called the local police to complain about the Muslim call to prayer on loud speakers being offensive?

Without wishing to state the obvious, Austria and Saudi Arabia are different countries with different laws. Therefore, how Saudi Arabia would deal with your above scenario is irrelevant to this particular thread.

The person who called to complain would most likely be contacted by the mutwah, and tehn imprisoned for not being muslim. Thats jsut a guess though.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Rights are not mutually exclusive. In a nation of law, all parties have them. This gentleman has the right of free expression on his own property and the Muslims certainly have the right to practice their religion. Now the Muslim folks could go to the mosque to pray, but the gent's yard ain't going anywhere, hence in this situation, his rights should have prevailed.

This entire business, is meant to upset the order of society. It is to change the mores in how societies are governed. Fining people for yodeling is just the latest example. What do they call it when there is an organized movement to alter the fabric of society outside of the political process? Its called terrorism. This business is terrorism. When a group can force the government to restrict basic rights of expression by merely ask that those rights be restricted they have committed an act of state enabled terrorism.

The apeasment of these folks is going to cause the Western world to die a death by 1000 cuts. Small cuts indeed, but the resulting death is the same.

In case folks have not truly recognized what is actually going on here is that the Muslims are implementing an infrastructure of special rights the exercise of which will directly undermine the rights of the citizens of the nations they have immigrated to. It is happening on purpose, with full expectation of the outcomes. They are using our own freedoms and tolerance to destroy our freedom and impose their intolerance.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

and he chose to mow the lawn and yodel during that time to annoy them. I don't think the guy is as innocent as some here want to claim.

So what? it is his right to mow the lawn or sing anytime he wants. Screw the neighbors. He is a victim and completely innocent here!

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra
The person who called to complain would most likely be contacted by the mutwah, and tehn imprisoned for not being muslim. Thats jsut a guess though.

Thanks for the guess.

Like I previously intimated, this would probably be of relevance and interest to a thread discussing Saudi Arabia's treatment of Christians, rather than this thread, which is discussing the implementation of the laws in Österreich...

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

well sadam is dead...they havent found nor have any evidence of weapons of mass distruction...so tell me why are they still sending troops there to be killed? yet allow the very extremists in our country to pull the preverbial rug out from under our feet?

if they are allowing them to enter our country then what the f**k is the point in funding a totally useless war?

every war is based on religion i mean hitler? need i say more? i can understand the anger of muslim extremists when the u.s and u.k have drones in their country firing upon innocents, perhaps if they brought our troops home nd just left them to it we wouldnt be seeing so much retaliation on our doorsteps!

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by dolphinfan
Rights are not mutually exclusive. In a nation of law, all parties have them. This gentleman has the right of free expression on his own property and the Muslims certainly have the right to practice their religion. Now the Muslim folks could go to the mosque to pray, but the gent's yard ain't going anywhere, hence in this situation, his rights should have prevailed.

Newsflash: other countries aren't governed or ruled by the laws or ''rights'' of the USA.

In our own countries, we like to live by our own laws.

edit on 15-12-2010 by Sherlock Holmes because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Sorry, I didn't read through all the pages. You know what? I don't care if some muslims are offended. Too damned bad. They don't have to move to a country where everything will offend them. Same here in the States, no matter where you come from, if you decide to live here then respect the ways of the country.

I am sick and tired of seeing how some cultures who move out of their countries have everything catered to them while citizens have to change for them. It's quite alright for us to be offended though isn't it?

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Sherlock Holmes

Newsflash back - western societies are governed by a notion of common law, law which applies to all citizens and supercedes other form of law, be those local in design or those coming out of a religious doctrine. Austria has such a system and as such this gent's rights have been violated.

This has nothing to do with US law, what so ever

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fractured.Facade
What would happen if an American Christian living and working in Saudi Arabia called the local police to complain about the Muslim call to prayer on loud speakers being offensive?

They would search him and his apartment to make sure he didn't have any crosses, and the go away after delivering a sever talkin' to if he didn't have any.

If he DID have one, well, that would be a different result....

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 08:54 PM
link   

reply to post by Annee

The judge does not agree with you.

And - what ever conpiracy you choose to believe is your right.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by phatpackage
reply to post by Annee

and he chose to mow the lawn and yodel during that time to annoy them. I don't think the guy is as innocent as some here want to claim.

So what? it is his right to mow the lawn or sing anytime he wants. Screw the neighbors. He is a victim and completely innocent here!

Doubt it.

So does the judge.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 09:00 PM
link   

I suppose I should have further elaborated. The people in the venue told me that these muslims had been recently attacking people who were different looking or went against their own ideals. They theorized that the reason for this was mostly because Belgium had at that time recently made wearing their headscarves (the ones that cover the face) illegal due to not being able to identify criminals.

Again, groups of thugs attacking anyone because they look or act differently to them is not exactly the preserve of Muslims.

I believe you said that you dressed like a punk earlier; well, I can assure you that you would receive abuse from groups of 'chavs' here in Britain, if you were wandering around at night, because of how you look and dress.

I personally don't care what it was about, I know they were muslims and I know why they were attacking me, and it is not ok.

In other words, you're just guessing, based on pre-conceived prejudices.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Well, it would appear that he did not. Could also be that he did not want to be cut down in the street by a mob of angry muslims had he decided the other way.

Can't write certain books? Thats OK. Can't draw certain cartoons? Thats OK. Can't yodel in your own yard? Thats OK too, as long as the Muslims are not offended. You see, its really important not to offend the Muslims because they have this nasty habit of strapping explosives to their backs and walking into crowded spaces and blowing themselves up when they are angry.

Best to just do what we need to do to keep them calm.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Well the judge is wrong Kangaroo court!

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Newsflash back - western societies are governed by a notion of common law, law which applies to all citizens and supercedes other form of law, be those local in design or those coming out of a religious doctrine. Austria has such a system and as such this gent's rights have been violated.

Western societies are governed by the laws of the particular country in question.

If common law superseded a country's law, then this man, along with thousands of other people who have been found guilty of crimes that don't violate common law, would have their convictions overturned.

This isn't the case.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join