It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Austria: Judge Rules That Yodeling Offends Muslims

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 07:21 PM
link   
I'm going to move to Afghanistan, and call the police when I get offended by their stupid religious practices.

Only difference is, the headline there will read, "Infidel American suffers consequences of insulting Allah by having his head cut off".
edit on 15-12-2010 by harrytuttle because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 07:24 PM
link   
regardless of whether yodelling is 'banned' or not (I know it isn't), this is just another case of other cultures bowing down to muslims. It's absolutely ridiculous, where will it end? And why do they get such seemingly special treatment? I'll tell you why, it's because everyone is afraid of them. They are afraid to uphold their own cultural values because deep down they fear retaliaton from extremists. That's the extremists winning right there, it's exactly what they want.

This kind of bullcrap has to stop. Screw political correctness or whatever you want to call it, I don't give a damn whether or not I offend anyone, let alone a muslim. Let them just try to step on something I do because it 'offends them'.

I went to a chameleons gig in Brussels earlier this year. While walking with the drum tech Dug to the band's van, there was a group of about 5 muslims. Now correct me if I'm wrong but Brussels is a predominately french area, is it not? There are a lot of muslims there, too..and I spoke afterwards with some of the locals and they told me theyd been having trouble with the muslim population for the last couple of years.

Anyway, as we were walking towards the van, this group of 5 young men started throwing large ROCKS at my head. Why? Well, I was all punked out, thats why. I guess they didnt like how I looked, and the fact I have a vagina made them feel like they had the right to stone me. I was not hit but several of the large sharp rocks came very close to hitting me square in the back of the head. We ducked for cover and seriously, they were very far away and STILL flinging rocks as hard as they could at me.

TELL ME WHY this is acceptable in these societies? Brussels is not a muslim country. Did the cops do anything? No! they just let it happen and bowed down to these morons and let it slide. I couldnt friggin believe it. This is the kind of crap that we will see happening more and more as time goes on if we don't put a stop to this. Somehow its seen as ok for them to throw rocks at people? Then they sue because other people offend them? Come on people!
edit on 15-12-2010 by Xavialune because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 07:25 PM
link   
The mere existence of Islam offends me.

Is it okay if we ban it then???

These Muslims are crossing the line

If we don't stand up to them then we will be living in Sharia soon.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by harrytuttle
I'm going to move to Afghanistan, and call the police when I get offended by their stupid religious practices.

Only difference is, the headline there will read, "Infidel American suffers consequences of insulting Allah by having his head cut off".

What does Afghanistan have to do with this thread ?

This case is in Austria, so there is no relevance in bringing up any other country in this way.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by harrytuttle

edit on 15-12-2010 by harrytuttle because: (no reason given)

They definitely use our laws against us....but...we use our own laws against us too (i.e., call the cops or sue someone for noise ordinances)...seems to me that they assimilate to our culture and then ask for nothing more than the government to follow the ridiculous laws they already have on the books. We have no one to blame but ourselves for being the whining society that demanded these type of laws to begin with.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by NWOnoworldorder
my guess is nothing...but how many westeners actually move there? lol and if they do ...do they have a death wish??

It is very common for Westerners to move over and live in Saudi Arabia, mainly working in the oil industry.

In fact, 25% of Saudi Arabia's population is made up of overseas workers.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Sherlock Holmes

Indeed, this is true.

Why is it that we in the West have to bend over backwards in order to appease every single complaint these scums make while Saudi Arabia and the gulf states don't even allow a SINGLE church to be built???

edit on 15-12-2010 by Steam because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by byteshertz
Im going to read between the lines..

I reckon this guys was probably mocking, but is using yodeling as a cover - but in saying that..
I believe in freedom of speech, you can mock whoever or whatever you like. Just because someone else takes offense does not mean the law should be able to fine you. I dont think freedom of speech is something anyone even the law has the right to take away - it is a god given right/natural law in my eyes.

We really don't know the whole story. These two neighbors may have had other altercations. Its possible the Muslims asked him to be quiet during prayer time - - and he chose to mow the lawn and yodel during that time to annoy them. I don't think the guy is as innocent as some here want to claim.

The closer together people live - - the more laws there will be on "civility of getting along".

Laws can sit on the books for years and never be used - - if individuals living in close proximity - - work together and respect each other and their differences.

Laws are actually made for protection - - to protect rights - - not really to take rights away. It depends on which side of the fence you are on. Someone got their rights. In this case the Muslim got the rights. And that's what everyone is angry about.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 07:40 PM
link   

reply to post by Siddharta

what?? lmao yes im sure its fine for people to yodel....but with REGARDS to the actual topic at hand it seems that the man in question was fined for doing so....because the muslims next door complained! im sure if it was austrians that lived next door no court action would have taken place....

there u go again twisting my words....u need to read...re-read then digest what people say b4 u go mixing it all up.....

Are you deaf with your eyes? It is still allowed to yodel! Do you really think a decision of a lower court would change the law of a country?

The case we are discussing here is not more than a quarrel between children. Mummy, Bobby is singing his RAP sh*t, while I try to listen to Miley Cyrus!

That's all!

No Christians/Muslims problem. No mute Austrian yodlers problem. Just childish nonsens, that is used by some anti-Muslims as a world wide scandal, showing the Muslim terrorism is in our garden.

Simply silly.
edit on 15-12-2010 by Siddharta because: Ah, didn't know, that that word is censored

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Steam
Indeed, this is true.

Why is it that we in the West have to bend over backwards in order to appease every single complaint these scums make while Saudi Arabia and the gulf states don't even allow a church to be built???

It is the prerogative of Saudi Arabia and other Gulf states to pass and implement any laws that they wish. Just as it is the prerogative of any Western country to pass and implement the laws that they wish.

In this case, the man has fallen foul of Austrian laws, therefore, if you have a problem with this decision, I suggest you'd be best to aim your anger at Austria.

Saudi Arabia, or any other country, has absolutely no relevance to this particular case.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

i would happily live side by side with muslims...if they didnt bomb our public transport!!

how can u live shoulder to shoulder with people who want to kill you?

now i know that not ALL muslims are like that...but these islamic extremists WANT US DEAD!!

but yea cmon into our country and bomb us from the inside....absolute nonsense...the governments keep banging on about the war against terrorism, we are over there, our troops are dying for the war against terrorism, trillions of dollars and pounds being spent to fund this war on terrorism...YET they allow them to live in our countries making dirty bombs right next door to us?...where the f**k is the logic in any of this?....

DO NOT ALLOW THEM IN OUR COUNTRYS THAT WILL AT LEAST HELP TOWARDS THIS HUGE EXPENSIVE AND DEATHLY WAR ON TERRORISM!

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xavialune
TELL ME WHY this is acceptable in these societies? Brussels is not a muslim country. Did the cops do anything? No! they just let it happen and bowed down to these morons and let it slide. I couldnt friggin believe it.

It's not acceptable. Did you report this to the Belgian police ?

Are you saying that there were police around who didn't do anything ?

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Siddharta

ARE U BLIND?!?!?! please point out WHERE i have sed that it is against the law to yodel?...tell me where i sed that? i didnt i sed that u cant yodel if u live next door to muslims...in the sense of the utter nonsense and stupidity of it....

i have never sed u cant yodel...li will say this agin...READ WHAT I TYPE...B4 U COMMENT u are actually really getting on my nerves now!

im ignoring you from this point on good day!!!

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by NWOnoworldorder

so then

we're agreed?

*there is no spoo"m"n*

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 07:54 PM
link   

now i know that not ALL muslims are like that...but these islamic extremists WANT US DEAD!!

Key word: EXTREMISTS

Personally I think ALL Extremists are dangerous. You know - - like Christians who bomb abortion clinics. (hate to use that cliché reference - - but its late and I'm tired).

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sherlock Holmes

Originally posted by Xavialune
TELL ME WHY this is acceptable in these societies? Brussels is not a muslim country. Did the cops do anything? No! they just let it happen and bowed down to these morons and let it slide. I couldnt friggin believe it.

It's not acceptable. Did you report this to the Belgian police ?

Are you saying that there were police around who didn't do anything ?

yes. because there was a chameleons gig down the road a bit, the venue was quite packed and there were several police in the area to direct people and make sure there was peace I guess (the streets there are really narrow), and I KNOW of at least one cop who witnessed the event. Dug and I hid behind the van for a bit until these people went away, and then I tried to find a policeman..but after that? no cops in sight! they all f'd off even though there was a gig!

It's like they witnessed the event and didn't want to deal with it. There were no signs of the young men and no signs that the cops had gone after them..
edit on 15-12-2010 by Xavialune because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Sherlock Holmes

My point still stands though,

Our leaders have become so spineless that we allow Muslims to trample all over our culture under the guise of "diversity" and "equality".

I say to hell with PC,

It is about time that we in the West showed Muslims that we are not to be taken advantage of.

edit on 15-12-2010 by Steam because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 07:57 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by NWOnoworldorder

People like you want guys - and meanwhile also girls - from your own country go to other countries to die there or kill other people.

And now you come with a guy in Austria who was not allowed to mowe his garden and yodle along?

I herad these primitive arguments, while I was serving for the army. Back then they told us, that East Germans have to wait for a VW beagle at least for ten years... Silence... I raised my arm and asked: Is that the reason, why we have SS20 and Cruise Missiles in both parts of Germany, threatening to shoot at each other? Well, the speaker of the army said, of course, there is more...

Back then, the enemy was the Soviet Union. Don't know, if the joke was used outside of Germany: "The Russian is standing infront of the door!"
Obviously the joke "The Muslim is in our garden!" is known worldwide.

edit on 15-12-2010 by Siddharta because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 07:59 PM
link   
This ruling does not surprise me. Europe has been pandering to the muslim extremists for years. It is shameful, as an American I have a lot of respect for Europeans, I myself am descended from German,Irish,English,Dutch and Czech heritage most within two generations. However, Europe as a whole, excepting France, has given up on its own heritage to embrace the heresy that is Islam. Germany started two world wars and killed millions of people in the last 100 years but now they are afraid to hurt someone's feelings;England was once an empire that controlled over 1/3rd of the world but now people get arrested for "racist revving "of their lotus' engine. Now Austrians cannot yodel because some stupid muslim has been offended? This is a travesty...Europe is gone,it will be absorbed by the muslim immigrants and converted into the Emirate of Raglandistan. This is sad, but European governments are too concerned about political correctness to change this...European assimilation into greater Raglandistan is assured.
What I find amusing is that the only European nation that has any bollocks in confronting the muslim enemy is France. There are many jokes that disparage France and the French as being surrender monkeys but in actuality France is the only nation that has stood up to muslim oppression. Viva la France!

Muslims need to get a life. They immigrate to other nations and then expect to change the rules there to suit their own needs. This is crap. I don't care if you are muslim, I really don't. I respect and accept all people and I thank muslims for their contributions to Astronomy and Medicine during the Dark Ages. However, I do not accept the current trend of muslim bull. I mean their prophet was a child molester for Christ's sake. A religion based on a founder who is a child molester is a false religion. No other religions in the world accept molesting children as valid or the stoning women. Islam is evil, you should not ever accommodate evil. You should confront it. Islam is evil and should be treated as such. Muhammed molested his nine year old wife. If raglanders don't want to fit in they should go back to ragland. They also need to stop accepting child molestation and the abuse of women as sacrosanct. Normal people don't think its okay to beat women or molest children and yet muslims do. Not only do they think these ideas are cool, they support crashing airplanes into buildings and chopping off peoples' heads. Islam is the only religion in the world that advocates evil. In fact, it seems that they are disciples of Satan...Islam is satanism. Also, I am an atheist but unlike other atheists who have posted in this forum I make no pretenses toward being a muslim apologist.
edit on 15-12-2010 by irontyrant because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join