It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Austria: Judge Rules That Yodeling Offends Muslims

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:
+7 more 
posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

I wonder if "you all" would have the same reaction if someone was singing Christian hymns publicly while mowing the lawn.

Anti-Muslim - - - is definitely the new hate.

And I wonder if "you" would have the same reaction if muslim prayer calls were keeping you awake or disturbed you in any other way?

Being ALWAYS Pro-Muslim - no matter what the issue is - is definitely the new version of appeasement.

edit on 12/15/2010 by centurion1211 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by thinker2010
here in the uk they play the race card and get everything thats going they are better of than most people that work and they get all the state beneffits and still moan and preach death in our streets this needs to stop if i we to call someone a paki or sinj-ma-jeep ill get locked up but nothing happens when they talk about killing soldiers and mps just flipping crazy

Yes, Id seen the youtubes and home video elsewhere that showed this and what exactly the radicals were saying. We were in the London for an extended period years ago and this kind of this didnt happen. Years later I see a multitude of video of radicals screaming about death and murder against the people who's country they are living in! WHat the heck happened?!

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 06:02 PM
link   

I wonder if "you all" would have the same reaction if someone was singing Christian hymns publicly while mowing the lawn.

What's next???

Telling a Scotsmen that his bagpipes are offensive?

Yeah actually I dare them to try that.

Yeah go ahead, go ahead......

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Siddharta
reply to post by Annee

It's not so bad, Annee. If a little decision of a lower court in a little country makes some people on the other sides of the world happy, it must be a good thing.

And on second thought: Does this not prove that Europe is overrun by Muslims? And doesn't it show, that they are all terrorists?

They even don't allow an old man yodeling, while mowing his garden. I guess, accidentally it is always time to mow the garden, when they are praying.

But since we all know, that they are planning to learn to fly Chessnas while praying, this old guy is a heroe! Fighting terrorism by mowing and yodeling them down.

This is a no-thread.

I can honestly say - - I would not want some guy yodeling and mowing the lawn next door.

However - - since I am Atheist - - I wouldn't make it about religion. I'd go for the noise ordinance.

Actually - - I am 100% against ANY and ALL religions affecting government and laws.

So - - if some guy was mowing his lawn and singing Christian Hymns - - I'd be just as annoyed.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

What's next???

Telling a Scotsmen that his bagpipes are offensive?

Yeah actually I dare them to try that.

Yeah go ahead, go ahead......

I hope someone gets it on video if it ever happens. Id pay to see it.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 06:05 PM
link   
It’s fine to deny Christians and Jews the right to pray or the right to follow a diet for their religion. Christians can’t even mention God without trouble. Yet, Muslims (a majority that don’t even bother becoming citizens but live here and get benefits for being foreign) can get the right to pray, wear religious clothing and follow the Islamic diet because if they’re not allowed that, it’s discrimination. What about Christians and Jews? It’s okay to discriminate against them? In Pakistan, they don’t allow Jews and Christians rights in schools. If you honor one religion, you have to honor all. Also many Middle Easterners get the right to wear cultural (not religious) pieces like nose jewelry that is prohibited to other students and employees. In a restaurant in London, an Indian woman got the right to wear a large nose piece (when jewelry was not allowed) but other British employees were not allowed to wear jewelry. That’s not freedom. Why do governments allow foreign cultures more rights than people who are citizens? Not that there is anything wrong with foreigners but if you’re going to demand and obtain rights that citizens don’t even get, you should become naturalized. Isn’t it considered discrimination to deny other people their rights just becuase they ARE citizens?
Christians and Jews do not have the same rights. Teachers can get fired for mentioning God.
it’s not fair that Christians and Jews can’t pray in school but Muslims can. Just because it’s not Sabath doesn’t mean that you don’t pray any other time of the week. People pray at all hours.

link   
@Annee:

Same here. It is just a neighbourhood quarrel and just a low court decision.

Not a Christian vs. Muslim thing at all.

I would throw a pancake made in Germany, if that guy would disturb me with his yodeling and mowing.
edit on 15-12-2010 by Siddharta because: add Annee

link   
reply to post by dolphinfan

dear god!! i swear this is getting beyond a joke now....a man in HIS own country...a country that is famed for yodelling and he gets a fine for doing something that is natural to do all because muslims moved next door??

we dont like it?! oh do u not? then might i suggest livin in your own f'n country then?

why do we all have to bend backwards and walk on eggshells around muslims when they are in our countrys?!

why must we have to stop doing basic things that come natural to US in OUR countries in fear of jail time or fines to keep muslims happy?

i have nothing against muslims and thier beliefs...but i do have a problem when they come into our countries and dont like certain things...if thats the case then dont live here go back to your own country....

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Advantage

i live in scotland id just nock the feck out of him end of not tell me wht to do in my own country simple

+1 more 
posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

I can honestly say - - I would not want some guy yodeling and mowing the lawn next door.

However - - since I am Atheist - - I wouldn't make it about religion. I'd go for the noise ordinance.

The assumption that a noise ordinance was being broken is only that, an assumption. There is no mention of this. Your whole post is jumping past the boundaries of this particular article and incident.

So just to be clear - because you don't like what your neighbor is doing on his/her own property, you'd seek to impose your will on them, by law? Perhaps you should not have neighbors. Just save everyone the hassle of potentially annoying you, by simply living in what you must be deeming "your space" ... Pfft.

edit on 15-12-2010 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 06:08 PM
link   
The answer is simple.

Religion needs to be abolished, and people need to grow some balls and stand up for what they think is right.

edit on 15-12-2010 by seenitall because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by thinker2010

i live in scotland id just nock the feck out of him end of not tell me wht to do in my own country simple

ROFL!!

Gotta love the Scottish..

+2 more 
posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

I can honestly say - - I would not want some guy yodeling and mowing the lawn next door. However - - since I am Atheist - - I wouldn't make it about religion. I'd go for the noise ordinance. Actually - - I am 100% against ANY and ALL religions affecting government and laws. So - - if some guy was mowing his lawn and singing Christian Hymns - - I'd be just as annoyed.

And im against any ideology including Atheism , to keep me from doing what I want to do on my own property.

Heres the thing, Atheists think they are exempt from the same laws that they use to complain about religions..

You arent, its hypocritical actually........you opress someone elses freedom of religion, so that you can practice YOUR ideology of non religion..........

Its ridiculous........people who spend all their time being offended need to get a hobby, and quit being such whiney little babies about everything.........

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by centurion1211

exactly!! i want islam banned because they come into my country and bomb the tube stations and plant bombs on buses.....killing innocent people

but yst a man yodels in his backyard while mowing his lawn and he gets a fine....this isnt merely tit for tat neighbours if it was a question of just noise pollution then im guessing his mower was louder than his yodel...yet it was the yodel that offended....

our freedoms are being taken away from us to appease OUTSIDERS...im fed up and wont cater for them any longer....

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by NWOnoworldorder
reply to post by dolphinfan

dear god!! i swear this is getting beyond a joke now....a man in HIS own country...a country that is famed for yodelling and he gets a fine for doing something that is natural to do all because muslims moved next door??

Yes, you are right! A joke! All Austrians run around yodeling all day. Everybody knows that world famous tune:

If I had a yodel
I'd yodel in the morning
I'd yodel in the evening
All over the Muslims
I'd yodel out grass
I'd yodel out a mower
I'd yodel out love between my brothers and my sisters
But not over the Muslims

Achja, liabes Österreich, diases Liad hob I total fogess'n...

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadySkadi
reply to post by Annee

So just to be clear - because you don't like what your neighbor is doing on his/her own property, you'd seek to impose your will on them, by law? The assumption that a noise ordinance was being broken is only that, an assumption. There is no mention of this. Your whole post is jumping past the boundaries of this particular topic. Perhaps you should not have neighbors. Just save everyone the hassle of potentially annoying you, by simply living in what you must be deeming "your space" ... Pfft.

edit on 15-12-2010 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

The perpetually offended.. its a sickness... Im convinced. A pandemic even.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadySkadi
reply to post by Annee

So just to be clear - because you don't like what your neighbor is doing on his/her own property, you'd seek to impose your will on them, by law? Perhaps you should not have neighbors... Just save everyone the hassle of potentially annoying you, by simply living in what you must be deeming "your space" ... Pfft.

I was born and raised in Los Angeles. A cultural/race/religion area of diversity.

I have lived in SW Arizona for 20 years.

I am very well aware of strict laws in "cultural suberia" vs a more "law of the land" approach - - such as Arizona.

Which one do you think is becoming more like the other?

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 06:17 PM
link   

hahah im scottish too from glasgow and i can assure u if i had a muslim nieghbour that complained that i farted too loud or my fart sounded like i was mocking them trust me my man would be in there slapping him about lol

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by NWOnoworldorder

hahah im scottish too from glasgow and i can assure u if i had a muslim nieghbour that complained that i farted too loud or my fart sounded like i was mocking them trust me my man would be in there slapping him about lol

That says it all. You are even not an adult person. Your man has to do it.
If I were your man and you fart too much, I rather would kick you into the bathroom than slap my Muslim neighbours for your bad manners.
edit on 15-12-2010 by Siddharta because: had to open he window, because of that smell

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by NWOnoworldorder

lol slap that turban of his head and tell him to pray to allah he didnt get a good beating but allah couldnt help him in scotland the big yin would nock feck out of him lol

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join