Austria: Judge Rules That Yodeling Offends Muslims

page: 22
86
<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

log in

join

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sphota
reply to post by nevertolate
 


Yes, but of the Muslims I know here in the US, I have not encountered any that try to force me to be Muslim or force their beliefs on me. Of Course, that is not the same for the Christians, despite the variety of sects and beliefs that don't seem to mesh well, having forced their sentiments on religion on the nation.

You have yet to produce evidence that this is the case.


So you accept you're a politically correct hypocrite? You compare the disdain for Islam to racism. Then in a second breath, you attack Christianity.

Why is it racist to hate Islamic fascism, but not Christian facism? Explain the difference.

What you Americans need to realise is that Christianity is practically non-existant in most European nations. We've fought hundreds of years to be free of religious fascism, and have been to a large extent successful. Something like 80% of the youth in Britain and France for example, claim to have no religious beliefs. You aren't going to hear many people complaining about Christian fascists because they're running with their tails between their legs. The ones that are left are no threat to Democracy or freedom, they're not fundamentalists like the Christians that inhabit a large percent of America.

Islam is the only religous threat to Europe. So don't bother talking about Christianity, or Christian sentiment being forced on us, because it isn't relevant to Europe.

There's no hypocrisy.




posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by dolphinfan
 


Wish I knew where to get some Yodeling Lessons.



posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by poet1b
 


He was talking about Canada, what word should I have used? Caucasoids?

Yeah, the native Americans, after nearly a century of so-called "Indian Boarding Schools" are really involved in the dialog of democracy in Canada. It's not racism to say that some people think that "white" is the true, strong race. I'm sorry they feel that way. I'm sorry that you and the poster I was quoting are of the mindset that Canada (or the US) was settled by Europeans - specifically Northern Europeans - and as a result it has somehow proven itself to be the dominant cultural group of land management, as though the land is being managed somehow better under the current governments. At any rate. I also do not get the "nativism" in that there is a vast gulf of difference between the largely immigrant based communities of the coasts and the less diverse center of either country. But neither of those two extremes are anywhere near exactly like life on this continent during discovery, colonization or emergent republics.

I do not hate "white" people. I do not speak ill of "white" people in general, nor do I feel that as a "white" person I am somehow either entitled or need to feel shame for my heritage.

I also don't get why a group of citizens who are being offended (in this case the Austrian Muslims) shouldn't use as their first and most valuable recourse for redress of grievances the already in place method of resolving disputes: the law.



posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by NadaCambia
 


No...I meant that as far as Christianity being the founding religion of this nation, that it is of course crammed down your throat in some instances. I have no particular problem with participants in any religion and genuinely enjoy learning about their beliefs. Of course, there are sects in Islam, Christianity and other religions that are not compatible with my way of life at all or with America, but we can just leave those people alone. That probably would have been good advice to the previous several administrations in the US that have messed with fundamentalist Muslims, to the point of provocation and then we sit back and wonder: "Why do they hate us?"

They hate our freedoms of course...ha.

Maybe we should just forget that "START" treaty and just put ourselves out of our misery... What you Europeans fail to realize is that in America "Christian fascism" [as you call it] is still alive and well. So while we're at it, why split hairs? Why choose one religion's fundamentalism to get up in arms about? Why not just target all hatred?

The problem is that Europe and the US do not accept their fair share of blame in the root causes of Islamic fundamentalism [Islamic Fascism is what you seem to call it]. Why do the nations of the west continually ignore their hitherto meddling in these nations' progress? Afghanistan and Iran were once nascent democracies with emergent human rights changes, but then what happened?

I'm not excusing violence on their part - or the blind patriotism that has sprung up in opposition - but don't call me prejudiced when I, for one, am considered a second class citizen in this "great" country directly because of posturing towards (or more likely prostration before) the "Christian Fascists".

Por lo mas que las cosas cambian, siguen siendo lo mismo. Nada cambia...



posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Just one more thing:

The title is very misleading. It makes it sound like "all yodeling" is offensive to Muslims. Can we refrain from misleading and provocative titles? This site's MO is "Deny Ignorance." I would say that a title like "Austria: Judge ruled that man's allegedly Muezzin-mocking yodeling offended his Muslim neighbors." Using the present tense makes it sound general and sweeping. Not classifying "yodeling" makes it sound like all yodeling. Not classifying "Muslims" makes it sound like all Muslims.

What is this, Fox Nation with these headlines???



posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by dolphinfan
 


That news article served its purpose -- to greater divide the cultural gap and understanding between two cultures. Perhaps the Muslims in the article did not know about the yodeling history of the country. It's misunderstandings like these which fuel ignorance, and this article is no different.



posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sphota
reply to post by NadaCambia
 


No...I meant that as far as Christianity being the founding religion of this nation, that it is of course crammed down your throat in some instances. I have no particular problem with participants in any religion and genuinely enjoy learning about their beliefs. Of course, there are sects in Islam, Christianity and other religions that are not compatible with my way of life at all or with America, but we can just leave those people alone. That probably would have been good advice to the previous several administrations in the US that have messed with fundamentalist Muslims, to the point of provocation and then we sit back and wonder: "Why do they hate us?"

They hate our freedoms of course...ha.

Maybe we should just forget that "START" treaty and just put ourselves out of our misery... What you Europeans fail to realize is that in America "Christian fascism" [as you call it] is still alive and well. So while we're at it, why split hairs? Why choose one religion's fundamentalism to get up in arms about? Why not just target all hatred?

The problem is that Europe and the US do not accept their fair share of blame in the root causes of Islamic fundamentalism [Islamic Fascism is what you seem to call it]. Why do the nations of the west continually ignore their hitherto meddling in these nations' progress? Afghanistan and Iran were once nascent democracies with emergent human rights changes, but then what happened?

I'm not excusing violence on their part - or the blind patriotism that has sprung up in opposition - but don't call me prejudiced when I, for one, am considered a second class citizen in this "great" country directly because of posturing towards (or more likely prostration before) the "Christian Fascists".

Por lo mas que las cosas cambian, siguen siendo lo mismo. Nada cambia...


But that's an entirely different matter. I'm talking about European Muslims. Citizens of their respective European countries. Not some Afghanistani 'insurgent' fighting for his or his countries freedom from foreign opressors and big business. We're talking about Muslims who for all intensive purposes are Europeans.

You can't one minute call for seperation of Church and the State, and in the same breath defend Islamic fundamentalists, or fascists, who want the Mosque and State as a single entity, if you will.

Whether you like to admit it or not, you are prejudiced. You believe that because Muslims have been opressed, that somehow justifies these religious lunatics tearing at the fabric of Democracy.

I hate all religion. You seem to have only gripes with Christianity. Your political views(and i agree with most of them from what you've wrote) are blinding you from reality.



posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 06:38 PM
link   
This thread shows, how little people can say against Muslims. Those "terrorists" really dared to call the police, because a nag from the neighborhood had to disturb their prayers every now and then.

This really shows, that Islam is overtaking the world! What's next? Will they push the old guy from his mower? Will they overtake his garden? Don't miss the next story on our chanel!



At least it was an oportunity to mention all the other funny "Mulisms are bad" arguments again. I heard some of them even fight back, if you occupy their countries. NATO should help the Austrians and that yodler. But then again, the Austrians don't even want to take part in Afghanistan, saying, they have already sent five policemen and that is enough. I bet those five men are now yodling and mowing in Afghanistan to support democracy.




posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sphota
Just one more thing:

The title is very misleading. It makes it sound like "all yodeling" is offensive to Muslims. Can we refrain from misleading and provocative titles? This site's MO is "Deny Ignorance." I would say that a title like "Austria: Judge ruled that man's allegedly Muezzin-mocking yodeling offended his Muslim neighbors." Using the present tense makes it sound general and sweeping. Not classifying "yodeling" makes it sound like all yodeling. Not classifying "Muslims" makes it sound like all Muslims.

What is this, Fox Nation with these headlines???


Good point. . . I have to give you that, however, it does not make many of the points within this thread any less valid.



posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Sphota
 


Yeah, lets quote you again.


Yeah, so those pesky Italians, Koreans and Portuguese up in Canada are fair game for Patriotic Anglos to snipe off?


Yeah, there is nothing racist in this line.


Once again, how do you know the person you are talking to isn't Italian, Korean, Portuguese, or French Canadian or any other brand of pioneer? They could also be Russian.

Like France is getting along so well with their Muslim population.

We know who you are.



posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 11:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Siddharta
 


No, the biggest point on this thread is how ridiculous it is that European governments are bending over backwards to protect Muslims while undermining the rights of their own native citizens. You are the one who keeps trying to make out to be about racism. You are the nag.

The guy yodeling should never have been fined, and the people constantly making complaints should have been told that if they don't start calling the police for that which is not a crime, they would be fined.



posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 06:21 AM
link   
This kinda thing just makes my blood boil.
First of all, in a modern society, "religious sensitivity" should have no place.
How do you think people who still believe in a flat earth feel about all theese globes and pictures from space?
What must the creationists think about all this hard evidence of evolution??
Society seems hell bent on preserving the "religiuos rights" of extremests, it's either evolution not being thought in schools in america or innocent people beng fined for yodeling IN F###ING AUSTRIA!!!
In order for the world to progress, we need to ignore religion, just ignore it. Stop giving the narrow minded a voice. Soon it will just fade away...
Or failing that move to Saudi Arabia and try to fine your neighbour because you're offended by women being opressed, see where that get's ya.



posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by poet1b
reply to post by Siddharta
 


No, the biggest point on this thread is how ridiculous it is that European governments are bending over backwards to protect Muslims while undermining the rights of their own native citizens. You are the one who keeps trying to make out to be about racism. You are the nag.


This has nothing to do with "European governments" and nothing with "protection of Muslims". If it was about a guy, who drives through the street turning his music up to entertain the whole neighborhood, would you see it the same way? Would it be different, what kind of music it is? Would the religious or national background of the driver make a difference? Or is it just the background of the one, who complaints about the noise?

You are making a mountain of a molehill and even more it has to serve for a weird view of Muslims taking over the world.

I don't think, this is about racism at all. If there were no Muslims around, the target would be the next best group.



posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 09:09 AM
link   
I was once told by someone that a comment I made about someone recently arrested in my community was "offensive". I told them that I was pleased that the constitution gave them every right to be offended as well as giving me every right to be offensive, and that if they wanted to have a seat, I would proceed to offend the s**t out of them. Of course this is not the "European Way", or the "Canadian Way" for that matter, which is why I've never lived in Canada and moved back from Europe when I realized that personal freedom was no longer valued there. "Communitarian" societies are all failures, and they can all be very civil to each other while they watch their enfeebled economies collapse and their culture get raped by muslim immigrants.



posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by dolphinfan

Austria: Judge Rules That Yodeling Offends Muslims


www.israelnationalnews.com

It seems as though in Austria, the popular yodel is an insult to Muslims.

An Austrian court has recently fined a citizen for yodeling while mowing his lawn, according to a report in The Kronen Zeitung newspaper.

The citizen, 63-year-old Helmut G., was told by the court that his yodeling offended his next-door Muslim neighbors, who accused him of trying to mock and imitate the call of the Muezzin.

Unfortunately for Helmut G., his neighbors were in the middle of a prayer when he started
(visit the link for the full news article)



But its ok for islamic military men to dress up young boys as women, then bid on them for...

Yeah right.



posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Oh my god I am so sick of this What really bothers me is that these same courts don't seem to want to hear what it is about Muslims that bothers me.

Like maybe taking a shower more than once a week



posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by IndianaOps
Oh my god I am so sick of this What really bothers me is that these same courts don't seem to want to hear what it is about Muslims that bothers me.

Like maybe taking a shower more than once a week



Uh - - I believe cleanliness is part of the Muslim culture.

Your prejudice is showing.



posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by dolphinfan

Austria: Judge Rules That Yodeling Offends Muslims


www.israelnationalnews.com

It seems as though in Austria, the popular yodel is an insult to Muslims.

An Austrian court has recently fined a citizen for yodeling while mowing his lawn, according to a report in The Kronen Zeitung newspaper.

The citizen, 63-year-old Helmut G., was told by the court that his yodeling offended his next-door Muslim neighbors, who accused him of trying to mock and imitate the call of the Muezzin.

Unfortunately for Helmut G., his neighbors were in the middle of a prayer when he started
(visit the link for the full news article)



So what that it offends Muslims? We as Americans need to STOP being so sensitive to others. One day, everything is going to offend someone somewhere and it will be outlawed.



posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 07:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by poet1b
reply to post by Siddharta
 


No, the biggest point on this thread is how ridiculous it is that European governments are bending over backwards to protect Muslims while undermining the rights of their own native citizens. You are the one who keeps trying to make out to be about racism. You are the nag.

The guy yodeling should never have been fined, and the people constantly making complaints should have been told that if they don't start calling the police for that which is not a crime, they would be fined.


Except for the fact that interfering with religious practices is against the law in Austria.
Except fot the fact that foreigners can't own real estate in Austria, so his Muslim neighbours were Austrians as well. (Or at least EU)
Except for the fact that he wasn't fined, but payed the money to avoid getting fined in court.

But other than that your post is spot on!



posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by dolphinfan


Is there any end of this insanity? The list of what Muslims find offensive and the catering of governments around the world to their demands is at an unbelievable level.

What else are Muslims offended by?

Women in pants
Women in schools
Alcohol
Christmas trees and Christmas music
Modern movies, music and television

The list goes on. That this gent would be given a steep fine for essentially whistling while he worked is one of the more outrageous things I have ever heard of. The folks next door could have simply closed their windows.

I wonder what the police would do if a Christian family was praying in their home while the neighbor blasted slash/death metal music right outside of their _ They might get a notice to turn it down, they would not get a fine.

They did not even ask this man to stop, they simply fined him for offending his Muslim neighbors.

All over the world is stripping people of basic freedoms for this rubbish. Why? Fear, thats why

www.israelnationalnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)



Fully agree





new topics
top topics
 
86
<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

log in

join