It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Austria: Judge Rules That Yodeling Offends Muslims

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 01:35 AM
link   
Now things are getting ridiculous.

I suggest that people stay where they feel comfortable.

It is not OK to go to another country and say you are offended by their customs.

How would muslims feel if Swiss went to their country and found their culture offensive?

Which they don't.

But Muslims seem to be everywhere and dictating. Enough!

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 01:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by catwhoknows
Now things are getting ridiculous.

How would muslims feel if Swiss went to their country and found their culture offensive?

Just a guess, you would probably be arrested, beaten, and then expelled from the country in most situations and possibly worse in others.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 01:51 AM
link   
reply to post by nonnez

Yes!

Why do muslims move to countries they hate?

Why do countries they hate let in muslims.

Here are my words for muslims - if you move into a country, respect that country. That rules out warfarers and people who hate other customs.

But I have a horrible feeling that the big muslim move-in is a takeover

I do not hate muslims. I hate extremists and destroyers..

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 02:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by catwhoknows

Yes!

Why do muslims move to countries they hate?

Peaceful conversion of "infidels'" via the hosts own system.

Why do countries they hate let in muslims.

Tolerance of others and an attempt at maintaining human rights.

Here are my words for muslims - if you move into a country, respect that country. That rules out warfarers and people who hate other customs.

I could not agree more . . . and even further . . . this should be a rule of thumb for ANYONE entering another nation; respect the laws and customs of the land and integrate not instigate yourself into the society.

But I have a horrible feeling that the big muslim move-in is a takeover

Just look back within this thread and others like it.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 02:41 AM
link   
reply to post by nonnez

This is my truth.

Britain has let muslim terrorists into Britain.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 03:05 AM
link   
If you want to know why muslims come its to forward the one world islamic caliphate they are quite open about.
If you want to know how, just look at Kosovo.
You gradually enter a part of a state as immigrants and refugees - in this case Serbia - and BREED. In the case of Kosovo 12 muslim kids to every Serbian one.
Then you start a reign of terror and ethnic cleansing against the inhabitants.
An when they fight back you scream murder.
Then if you are into drug trafficking and promise oil pipelines regardless of the fact you are islamic terrorists and murdering, looting and killing people for their organs, no matter if you are a criminal mafia you can rely on the good old US of A and its British poodle to bring NATO in and bomb your christain resisters for 78 unrelenting days and nights, murdering their citizens, destroying their national infrastructure and stripping them of part of their nation.
However Kosovo is still Serbia and one day will be reunited. The Serbs survived the Ottomans and will one day have their nation back unless we all surrender to Allah and the murderous caliphate.
The muslims were highly successful there and seek to repeat the process.
They are doing very well here in Europe.
Britain will be majority islamic in little more than one generation.
We even pay them to breed and give them benefits and houses to do so in taxpayer funded comfort.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 03:18 AM
link   
Is there something about Muslims people are not offended by

A second line would probably never make it to the list

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 03:21 AM
link   
reply to post by catwhoknows

Yes - Britain has welcomed terrorists.

The British government must realise that they have #ed up.

When I think about when I tried to get into Britain - oh pulease.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 03:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by dolphinfan

I hope he does not forget the gals in bikinis and his stereo playing "Onward Christian Soldiers" just below the decible level of the noise ordinance.

If you hold on to your beliefs with strength, you are not moved to outrage by slights and perhaps even defamation made against it. You might be seriously offended, but being solid in your belief system enables you to rise above it. The truth you see in your belief system inures you from the petty.

This holds the key to the solution of all belief-issues the world has. Even if I cant change circumstances, I can change my reaction to circumstances. I am responsible for my reactions and can discipline myself not to feel offended by every minor little thing.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 05:29 AM
link   
Is there not anything that does not offed these people who are still living in the middle ages? If find it very funny that they snivel at anything and everything. I also find it sad that they as a people have been in constant wars throughout their entire existence and do not have any idea how to be peaceful to their neighbors. They ought to wash their dirty nightshirts before complaining.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 06:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
Yodeling Offends Muslims

Who gives a rats furry butt if it offends them!
........Like Islam and stoning women.

That looks like racist piggery to me, sorry! You ought to know that not all Muslims are in favour of stoning women - or anyone for that matter!
For instance, before the Americans invaded and imposed their puppet government Iraq had abolished the death penalty. You Americans had to reinstate it in order to murder Saddam Hussein! Shame!
Vicky

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 06:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vicky32

For instance, before the Americans invaded and imposed their puppet government Iraq had abolished the death penalty. You Americans had to reinstate it in order to murder Saddam Hussein! Shame!
Vicky

Iraq was not ruled by Islam but by the fascist Baath-Party. Once Hussein was removed, the natives of Iraq returned to their Islamic faith which they could then freely practice again.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 06:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Whereweheaded

I wonder if anyone would listen if I told them they're dress wearing, muff for mustache having selves offend me just by the very stench of them?

What a disgusting racist statement. You ought to be ashamed!
Vicky

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 07:36 AM
link   
The Austrian who repeatedly yodelled and mowed his lawn specifically at the time of his neighbour's prayer time is an "a s s" and I would not want him as my neighbour.

That is one issue. This is a completely separate one:

Freedom to practice whatever religion you want is great. I have no problem with that.
But civil law should have clear precedence over religious practices at all times. Laws should not be bent or circumvented to please any particular religion. Even if they represent the majority in any district, there should be no law passed simply to accomodate the religion of the majority; especially if it treads on someone else's freedoms.
edit on 12/17/2010 by wayno because: sp.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 07:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Sphota

It depends on who you ask.. If you ask the Muslim leaders in the area, they will claim it to be only 1 minute each time and 5 times a day.. They use the sticking point of "5 minutes a day".. It is a lie.. or they flipped the script once the ordinance was changed. We have a store in the area, and have witnessed 10 minute pre -speach.. Then the average 1 to 2 minute call to prayer.. Then there is 5 to 10 minutes of post speech after the call. Thats 5 times a day.. They are not supposed to broadcast the amplified call to prayer before 6 am... BUT, that doesn't mean they abide by it. People have complained of 30 minutes 5 times a day, some as early as 4:30 am....These speakers are unbelievable... The size of small cars.

For the church bells.. They are basically used to signify the time of day... I would be ok with those disappearing also.

Are Muslims slow? Do they really need an alarm clock to tell them when to pray? Are they not grown up enough to handle their own schedule, without an area wide alarm clock?

I just think it is inconsiderate behavior, to enter into a country, and then try and change the country to fit their home land.. If your home land was so divine.... Go back.. They miss you, and we don't want you!

We actually have developed organizations in the area to protect Muslims that want to leave the religion. Their family and neighbors will kill them for disrespect of for attempting to defect.. pathetic!

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 08:20 AM
link   
This is more than likely not down to the idiocy of the judge, but due to the idiocy of the bloody EU Human Right Act. Judges are powerless to act against it, because even if they do find the offender not guilty, the "victim" will simply take it to the European Court of Human Rights, which will overturn the original findings and nearly always sides with ethnic minorities.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vicky32

Originally posted by SLAYER69
Yodeling Offends Muslims

Who gives a rats furry butt if it offends them!
........Like Islam and stoning women.

That looks like racist piggery to me, sorry! You ought to know that not all Muslims are in favour of stoning women - or anyone for that matter!
Vicky

While it is your prerogative to join the, "It's all Americas fault" bandwagon, you should have had the common sense enough to do some research about Muslims and Islam and realize it is not a race or race issue. It is a religion and a religious issue. Big difference.. Just sayin..

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 08:33 AM
link   
reply to post by dolphinfan

I believe the yodel has its origins in Austria... If Muslims move to Austria they should be aware of it and not offended. I truly think and believe that this goes too far. If they feel offended by it they need to leave Austria because to me it is a shame that an Austrian can't even conduct his or her traditions because it might offend someone of another nationality. If you move in a foreign country you should research what they are doing and if you feel that you would be offended by it then stay the f!ck out of there.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sphota

Originally posted by nevertolate

So this may be a fake story,,,,, but it is just a wake up call to the real problems we have to deal with.

No. A fake story is fake.

Yes it gets old fast...

"OK...you caught us making crap up and fear mongering again...but that doesn't change the fact that you should be very afraid and get your hate on for a billion plus folks!!"

I am always offended by how stupid these folks think the general public is when they make up these stories.

I imagine they think they are brilliant, able to push buttons on an ignorant public.

Most people are smarter than these BSers assume. Able to feel outrage toward both extremists/terrorists and those who use the terrorists to encourage hate toward an entire religion.

It ranks up there with terrorist propaganda...you know...everytime an Allied strike kills civilians..they shout about how the Christian West is looking to wipe the Muslim population off the face of the earth.

Just ignorant hate rhetoric.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by maybereal11

It is not a fake story, this happened, and through some negotiations with the court.

And, if the commentor on the original link is honest, it sounds like the cop was Muslim himself. Who in Austria takes Friday prayers seriously but a Muslim?

There are some serious problems with the European judiciary when a man gets fined for mowing his lawn and yodeling. Even if he was protesting against his neighbors religion, he has a right.

Islam is offensive, and people have a right to protest against it.

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join