It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Austria: Judge Rules That Yodeling Offends Muslims

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Siddharta

Of course he has to be an old nag, because only an old nag would dare to disturb the faithful prayers of the religion of peace.

This did happen, and these types of confrontations are getting to be more and more common. Chances are the old guy isn't going to let this slide.

Unless the old guy was threatening violence, the police officer should have stayed out of the situation, or told the people to stop complaining, until they get something legitimate to complain about.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Man, yodeling offends every body.
Just like the christmas carols blaring from the local cathedral offend people who have to sleep and do shift work
or the sound of a dentist's drill does and nails on the chock board do

edit on 16-12-2010 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-12-2010 by Danbones because: content spelling grammer

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 07:24 PM
link   
I guess, you would drop in a bin of spinache and hit the nag from his mower.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Has anyone stopped to think about the headline of the OP article? "Judge Rules That Yodeling Offends Muslims".

Aside from the fact that it has already been determined that this case never went to trial....what does the title say? Is "offending" someone a crime in Austria? If so, how does one prove that they were offended?

MY point is that this article is slanted from the onset. The yodeler was fined and he paid a fine. BUT, what was the fine for? Certainly not for "offending" his neighbor. So, what else could he have been fined for...I am talking about typical laws on the books.

Noise ordinances? Harassment? Etc...

IMO, the only logical conclusion is that the yodeler broke the law and was fined for it. Obviously, he felt like he was in the wrong because he didn't fight the citation in court...he opted to pay it.

But, hey...let's make this a Muslim issue, simply because one of the numerous neighbors that complained just happened to be Muslim.

Deny intelligence?

edit on 16-12-2010 by Aggie Man because:

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Aggie Man

Where to you get the "...let's make this a Muslim issue, simply because one of the numerous neighbors that complained just happened to be Muslim." from?
Didn't they complain because it was disturbing their prayer time out?
Where all the other neighbours also muslims and it disturbed their prayers also?
I was going to do a carpentry job for muslims, set day, showed up started working, they came downstairs and asked me to work quietly for a few hours as they were in prayers,,, never told me that the day before. I said sure no problem,, packed my tools and left.....they got their quiet time for not telling me the day before... never went back...

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by nevertolate

Where to you get the "...let's make this a Muslim issue, simply because one of the numerous neighbors that complained just happened to be Muslim." from?
Didn't they complain because it was disturbing their prayer time out?
Where all the other neighbours also muslims and it disturbed their prayers also?

Most on this thread are bashing/blaming Muslims for this. My point is that there were numerous other neighbors that complained to the police....and those other neighbors were not Muslims. So, I am accusing ATS'ers of making this a Muslim issue, not the Austrian authorities.

Did that clear up my position?

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 07:58 PM
link   
So am I to be fined if I wear pants in front of Muslims on an important holy day? What about if I decorate for Christmas? Some Muslims seriously need to lighten up an stop being offended by every little thing (like some Christians in the West). The whole world is not out to get them, and most people in the Western world could care less about them, their religion, or their culture. It simply doesn't matter to the majority of us, as we have our own problems and lives to attend to.
edit on 16-12-2010 by gnosticquasar because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Complained about what? His lawnmower was it late at night or was it his bad yodelling? I don't think it was any of those two.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 08:04 PM
link   
I'm with Aggie man on this one
what about the jews who complained of christmass nativity scenes in the states
the judge ruled in their favour
oh thats ok its evil Muslims

The Jew That Ruined Christmas
Seattle rabbi with the Central Organization for Jewish Learning. He took it upon himself to hire a lawyer and demand that the undercover "Christmas" trees be balanced with an eight-foot menorah. If his demands were not met, than a federal lawsuit would be filed.

religiousfreaks.com...
edit on 16-12-2010 by Danbones because: quote content

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Wow,

My post got censored for speaking out against the Muslims.

I have heard about ATS and its code of oppression.

Ah well, not to worry enough people read my post.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 08:46 PM
link   

If the law in Austria works the way it does now here in the U.S., the guy was given a choice to pay what we was told then, or pay a great deal more later on, after a trial in which the word of the police officer will be treated as gold, and the citizen's word as mud.

Here is another translation of the article that appeared in German.

www.kobuk.at...

Es gibt keine Verurteilung und damit auch keine Urteilsbegründung. Das Strafverfahren wurde nach Diversion, gegen Zahlung einer Geldbuße, eingestellt. Für Herrn G. gilt daher bezüglich aller genannten Vorwürfe weiterhin die Unschuldsvermutung. Auch wenn er selbst der Diversion ausdrücklich zugestimmt hat.

There are no conviction and therewith also no opinion. The criminal proceedings became after various ion, against payment of a fine, adjusted. For Mr. G. the innocence supposition counts therefore regarding all named accusations further. Also if he himself specifically agreed the various ions.

So yeah, a judge was involved, and Mr G was given a choice of paying now or much more later on.

And here is another translation from the same article.

The reader forum under the article had to be closed meanwhile because "against the Netiquette offending postings would have taken upper hand". An euphemism that indicates as a rule that the presentation with the deleting of criminal relevant commentaries came later no longer.

Now that is some scary text. Apparently the thought police are enforce in Austria these days.

I know where I live yodeling while mowing your lawn is not illegal, and is not considered disturbing the peace.

The only reason this guy was forced to pay a fine is because the local authorities decided he should be punished for offending the Muslims next door.

And this all started because they were broadcasting their prayer on speakers.

I think we need a law on freedom from religion.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 08:48 PM
link   
haha - OK i have a question for you all......

WHAT THE F*** DOESN'T OFFEND MUSLIMS?

my children have to sing 'bah bah WHITE sheep' at school, they are not allowed to call a black board by its name any more. and to top it off all meat products they eat have to be hahal. all because of muslims, and now yodalling. have they honestly not got anything better to with there time.
If any other culture/religion complained about the muslims offending US, we would be locked up, shot, beaten or bombed take ya pick.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by infoquest

Wow bah bah white sheep,,,, now we have to rewrite all the books,, for a few... hmmmmm
It is really getting pathetic..
They must really have a strong hold on us or we are just plain chicken s--ts...to stand up to them,,, isn't that called terrorism..
Or are we just bowing down and kissing their you know whats?

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by nevertolate

I dont think it's a case of us citizen's being chickens but more the government not letting us do anything.

My friend made a point the other day, he stated
"if the death penalty was reintroduced there would only be 4 muslims left by the end of next year"
i agreed until i read the original post. now i believe they would just complain about everything we do, or say or look at, until no one except muslims live.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by infoquest

yes you are right about the government,,, by saying us I should have made it more clear, its the ones passing the laws and rules, judges etc,, I consider they are one of us,, but it seems not..

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 09:26 PM
link   
reply to post by nevertolate

I think that those in power dont want to offend and think that if they give all these little perks that they will become happy and content.But they wont be content till we are all converted over to their faith and the more you give the more they will take... we are the infadels as someone stated to convert or delete.
Sounds like Jehova witnesses gone real extreme.....

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 09:32 PM
link   
I'm trying to wrap my head around the image of this Austrian guy, out in his yard mowing and yodeling so loud that it not only drowns out the mower, but offends people.
Okay, maybe it was electric, but c'mon.
And on another point, as a born and raised Southerner, I must take offense in this because of the legacy of Jimmie Rodgers, Slim Whitman, Gene Autry and Hank Williams.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Sabreblade

I'm pretty sure it wasn't the mower or yodelling,, it was the fact he interupted their quiet prayer time, and probably on many occasions. He was just rebelling and showing his dislike. He's lucky he didn't get his head chopped off.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 11:45 PM
link   

The reader forum under the article had to be closed meanwhile because "against the Netiquette offending postings would have taken upper hand". An euphemism that indicates as a rule that the presentation with the deleting of criminal relevant commentaries came later no longer.

Now that is some scary text. Apparently the thought police are enforce in Austria these days.

Verbotsgesetz.
For some odd reason, after Russians, US, French and British liberated us in 1945 they insisted that we write a law that forbids reestablishing the NSDAP. Can't even say "Heil Hitler" in public anymore. It's really a shame.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 01:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Advantage

Awesome - you will all recall the incident at Glasgow airport where a Scotsman punched a flaming terrorist to the ground! Only in Scotland.

How many more times will this kind if thing be allowed to happen? Are the authorities doing this to try and entice a public reaction so they can step in and quell the chaos - because I think that is a possibility. The people of the UK will only take so much, look at the protests by students, poll tax in the 80s.
If something happens that impacts a large enough majority it won't be pretty.

edit on 17-12-2010 by facchino because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join