It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I want out!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Happyfeet

I thought about it. But my wife and I could not abandon our folks altogether. Canada is far away but not so far that we couldn't make the occasional trips back and forth. They've been to Canada to visit my brother and they love it as well.

We just want to be there for them when needed. They are reaching that age where it becomes our turn to give back to them. Our parents are the reason we never considered this kind of move and also the reason why we never left the area. We've been here our whole lives just as they have.

@all - Thanks for the warm welcomes!
edit on 15-12-2010 by Cablespider because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by truthseeker10

Ireland, huh? Sometimes I think I don't have it so bad when I see what's being done in other countries. I feel for you all over there.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Im over joyed that Americans are finaly considering moving here.. every time i bring it up in this forum i get a new ass hole torn. All these people sittin there saying your just running from your problems bla bla bla... thats a problem well diserved to run from. Again...Edmonton is very cold this time a year..lol...but one thing i can say for 100% is that you will DEFFINATLY be happy. I still would suggest something other than Edmonton hahah but I've never been there and im sure it rocks just like every other big city here.... i wouldnt move to Toronto either.. thats a good city to visit..not to live in ahah

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by machines4200

That's probably why my bro has a winter home elsewhere. I only picked Edmonton because of a railroad opportunity I'm working on. One of the stipulations is relocation. Edmonton is one of the places doing most of the hiring. The other reason would be because of my brother. I'd love a chance to mend old wounds and spend the next chapter of my life by his side. He's a good man but stubborn. I have new niece I'd like to get to know as well. His wife is the dearest.

Anyway....I'm spilling my guts. But I'm desperate. I lose sleep over this # every night. I want out!

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 06:04 PM
link   
yea man. Edmontons beautifull.. wiki it youll know all about it.. MASSIVE mall. and it sure is beautifull.. but its prolly to cold even for my Canadian ass ahaha.. but its cold everywhere here in the winter... thats why its winter. lol wouldnt doubt that you would be happy there.. specially with family arleady there who else better to show you around?

All i can say is New country.. New rights..(real ones) and new things to do and explore
your kids would love it and im sure the wife wouldnt have to much trouble gettin used to it.

Where are u located now if you dont mind me asking

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by machines4200

I live just outside of Chicago. About 20 minutes from downtown. It's a chilly one tonight. I would imagine it's nothing compared to a Canadian winter.

edit on 15-12-2010 by Cablespider because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 06:19 PM
link   
im only about a 5 hour drive away man... roughly the same weather.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 06:19 PM
link   
actually i think you guys have mroe snow lmao.....

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 08:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Cablespider

Listen friend you dont' want to be moving to old Canada do ya? Everybuddy up there is a buncha goofballs and its' nothing but snow all the time. Move there and you gonna turn into the Grinch thats' for sure.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cablespider
That's probably why my bro has a winter home elsewhere. I only picked Edmonton because of a railroad opportunity I'm working on. One of the stipulations is relocation. Edmonton is one of the places doing most of the hiring. The other reason would be because of my brother. I'd love a chance to mend old wounds and spend the next chapter of my life by his side. He's a good man but stubborn. I have new niece I'd like to get to know as well. His wife is the dearest.

Anyway....I'm spilling my guts. But I'm desperate. I lose sleep over this # every night. I want out!

OK, I am Canadian, and love my country, but there is one thing you need to consider here. I would rather live here than in the U.S. , but that is only due to the governments and not the people. We do have our share of undesirables the same as everyone else.

I am just afraid that you will build up this new life in your head and then be disappointed if you manage to get here. The fact that you want to reunite with your family members is what you should be concentrating on. As far as the weather, yes, it can be brutal in the winter, but our summers are very warm just not for as long as those that live further down south. It really isn't that much different weather than what you are used to, just a tad colder.

Good luck on your plans and the railroad is a great job if you can get it. As long as you like seeing trees trees and more trees. LOL

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Goofballs eh?.. this comin from a guy in a country run by goofballs...

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by inchworm
reply to post by Cablespider

Listen friend you dont' want to be moving to old Canada do ya? Everybuddy up there is a buncha goofballs and its' nothing but snow all the time. Move there and you gonna turn into the Grinch thats' for sure.

You do realize we have a way better educational system right?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join