It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul: Fed 'monopoly' could be broken if Americans use gold, silver as currency

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 05:31 PM
link   
This is all very simple, and something everyone needs to wake up to.

"Legal tender" is merely a mechanism to the procurement of goods and services.

Any service can be offered for any price. and the monopoly can be broken simply by people agreeing terms of their personal contract,

STOP shopping in the hypermarkets, and big guys,

Use you LOCAL stores.

SUPPORT LOCAL suppliers.and Farmers

Gold and Silver are fine things to use as long as their value is agreed and NOT controlled.

So in the mean time while we get rid of these stinking THIEVES

BARTER, my friends

BARTER

Start small amongst a group of you, and let the net spread.

IN fact I will get the ball rolling.

I have a silver ounce piece .999 Mexican Libertad. And I want some food stuffs. Preferably farm sausages or smoke bacon for Christmas breakfast. Any local farmer out there willing???? and how much would you trade!??

edit on 15/12/2010 by JakiusFogg because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Corruption by man is inevitable, the most viable solution to ending financial problems could be to abandon the cities and go back to living in a family/tribal/small community structure, farming and harvesting. No official government but local citizens councils that meet weekly or on a time basis deemed appropriate who make a majority vote on related issues. Even then, other communities who do not reap a plentiful harvest and face famine will see mandatory acquisition of anothers crops/live stock etc. as the last resort for survival and engage in civil war on their neighbors to survive.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 05:37 PM
link   
How much is this silver worth? See... it's hard to quantify things... or you could say it's worth it's weight in silver, in which case an ounce of silver = 10 sausages or whatever.

Originally posted by JakiusFogg

I have a silver ounce piece .999 Mexican Libertad. And I want some food stuffs. Preferably farm sausages or smoke bacon for Christmas breakfast. Any local farmer out there willing???? and how much would you trade!??

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by v1rtu0s0

HI V

Now there is some logic you can't argue will.

That's why I say that it has to be agreed. and not manupilated

So let look at it.

it took the miner to mine it, the smelter to melt it and the mint to mint it.

Would you say 10 farm sausages, and a pound of back bacon (8 slices) I would be happy with that!

I guess the proper equation would be, how may piece of silver would it take to cover the outgoing costs of the butcher that made the sausage, bearing in mid he has to pay the slaughterman, who in turn has to pay the pig farmer.

Man Hours / Quantity I suppose

So if 1000 Man hours goes in to producing 200 Sausages

And 1000 Man hours goes in to producing 20 Silver Peices

Then 1 Silver Ounce is worth 10 Sausages!

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Ron Paul is one of the few honest politicians I have seen. The other one was Ross Perot anyone here remember him?

He was saying many of the same things in 1992 and he was vilified by the media made out to be a 'kook' etc etc.

Who will we get the gold & silver from? Look what the Fed did to the liberty dollar?

edit on 15-12-2010 by ..5.. because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 06:01 PM
link   
OK I have the definitive equation

it is AG to Sausage = 1/((A/365)/W)

A = Annual Silver Production
W = World Population

At the current pop, it will take 131 days per alloted daily AG Allowance to get 1 ounce of fine silver.

Taken that every one would like a sausage a day. 1 Ounce of SIlver is worth 131 Sausages.

Any takers???

OK maybe not definitve, as I missed the pork production figures out, But its a start!

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by JakiusFogg
OK I have the definitive equation

it is AG to Sausage = 1/((A/365)/W)

A = Annual Silver Production
W = World Population

At the current pop, it will take 131 days per alloted daily AG Allowance to get 1 ounce of fine silver.

Taken that every one would like a sausage a day. 1 Ounce of SIlver is worth 131 Sausages.

Any takers???

OK maybe not definitve, as I missed the pork production figures out, But its a start!

At that price there will be some very happy pigs unless these are huge mega sausages. What about the people who keep vegan, kosher and halal? .

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Whereweheaded
reply to post by MrXYZ

Your a troll, I've seen you in past threads. Anything regarding Ron Paul, your against. Thus your opinion holds no merit.

Btw, history lesson for ya, why don't you scroll up to my last response and learn something for once~
edit on 15-12-2010 by Whereweheaded because: (no reason given)

I don't think you fully grasp the scale of what he's proposing. Just because in old times it was done doesn't mean it would work today. For crying out loud, just compare the number of citizens!! Anyone who studied economics should understand that while gold could serve as a reserve, having it as a real tangible currency in today's globalized economy wouldn't be practical for obvious reasons.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by ..5..

Well I did say it was a start, but I am using this as my own method, as I am offering a 1 ounce coin in exchan ge for some real sausages, as I cannot get them where I live.

So I am just following Mr Pauls suggestions.

at the moment I am offering out at a price of 10 Sausages (farm one, not some nasty cheap rubbish) and a lb of back bacon.

Seriously, PM me if you wnat to do this, and we can start the ball rolling to get the Fed where we want then,

100% Serious I have the silver and I WANT those sausages. We will call P&P Void as I will have to send and so will you.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 07:22 PM
link   
What are everyone's thoughts then on a free-banking system? Where banks are free to print their own money and back it with whatever the market decides is most useful and stable as currency reserve (whether that be gold, silver, or packs of bubbalicious gum)?

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by ..5..

ross perot...yep, i work next door to his home in dallas ...he gets out early and looks older,,,but still very vibrant and alert...i saw him at 545 am going out the gate by himself

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by JakiusFogg

I'm afraid that coming from Australia, if I were to go through with the trade the goods would come with a free side of food poisoning...but wait there's more!

Admire the initiative nonetheless

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Pirateofpsychonautics

I am sure it would hehehehe

But thats why bartering works on a local basis!

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 10:12 AM
link   
There is one HUGE problem with using precious metals as currency and that is - how does one acquire precious metals?
You can only get 1 oz. of gold for 1 oz. of gold... the money supply is doomed to stagnation unless old reliable war and pillaging is used.

I agree that banks MUST hold a reserve, in fact, they are supposed to (to a minimal extent), only they have been shown to lie, cheat and use outright fraud to cook their books... but that is for another post.

If we study monetary history, anything can be used as a reserve if it has constant value from frozen poop to pieces of wood. Whatever is chosen, there needs to be someone honest as the system's watchdog, this has been the problem for a long time, and hopefully Dr. Paul can change that.

the Billmeister

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 10:38 AM
link   
i dont know about the americans but here in the uk...and im sure fellow uk'ers will back me up on this one....we had a stint that lasted about 6-7 months where almost every advert on tv was these...CASH FOR GOLD adverts as well as loads of other companys...urging people to trade in their gold for cash...and that gold was at an all time high etc etc ....now keeping this in mind.....if the dollar does collapse and say the euro does too, we will be bartering with gold and silver....however when the uk was in the depths of the recession these adverts were urging people to sell thier gold...and im sure a lot did seeing as we were completely skint!

now im seeing this advice from ron paul....and it gets me thinking that maybe it was the banks that have scooped up all the gold that people were willing to sell....now we have hardly anything to barter with when the economy completely collapses....coincedence? a well thought out plan?

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by GBP/JPY

Ironic how the people who get elected isolate themselves as much as possible from the people they are supposedly representing.

If anyone here gets out to DC just try to visit your congressman/woman and see how fast you are told "They would love to see you but they are just too busy." Don't they work for us? That is akin to telling your boss that you are too busy to see him.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 11:45 AM
link   
The Chinese as we speak are quietly converting their USD into gold and silver certificates, if not real gold and silver.
This separates their wealth from the crashing dollar.(s) the cad the euro and the lb are in the same boat..
because the paper metal is the curenncy ron paul is talking about...
and what the astute chinese are doing is proof that RP is right.
The gold and silver and related certs secondarily are the new reserve currency

Trouble is the US wants to pay it's debts in a crashed currency:
Here is the ten million dollar zimbabway I own ya... don't spend it all in one place now ya hear?
Cost me a dozen eggs to pay that debt...
Good thingI borrowed the money when it was worth enough and I bought the farm.

So its simple: if you want to keep the value in your money...do what the international community is already quietly doing while the US is watching Survivor...while drowning.
edit on 16-12-2010 by Danbones because: grammer content

top topics

<< 1   >>

join