It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul: Fed 'monopoly' could be broken if Americans use gold, silver as currency

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Ron Paul: Fed 'monopoly' could be broken if Americans use gold, silver as currency

www.rawstory.com

"We should start ending the Fed by allowing competition," he said. "I don't like the fact that they have monopoly control. It's a cartel: they print the money. The Constitution really doesn't give them that authority. The Constitution said that only gold and silver can be legal tender. I want to legalize competition and allow individual Americans to use gold and silver in competition, as money. Today if you do that, you can go to jail."
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 04:08 PM
link   

"I don't like the idea that the power gravitates to the Federal Reserve. They literally can have a yearly budget bigger than the whole Congress, then what they do is kept secret. We don't know where they spend the money. We're just starting to crack that nut in order to get some of this information and we should continue to do it."

Do you hear that noise? Do you know what that sound is? Does it sound like teeth chattering? Oh that is right it is Ben Bernanke and his gang of Greens shivering in their worthless skin.

It is time to place the hooks in the jaws and bring this beast down once and for all! The Federal Reserve is a monopoly and a threat to our entire form of government and our economy. Having virtually unlimited unquestioned control over our nations entire monetary supply.

How can you get any more corrupt than having the nation’s top bankers controlling without transparency all of the money in the country? Having the ability to direct funds that they print to wherever they deem necessary. Hey maybe Goldman Sachs needs some, well just call up your buddies in the Federal Reserve and tell them to send a Brinks truck over ASAP.

Legalize monetary competition and watch this monster die violently.

www.rawstory.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Flagged. Excellent article, even here in Australia it is relevant. Imagine ignoring the entire monetary system and resorting back to the barter system, favours, food and jewels. This is what could/would cut the legs off the beast and render it immobile.

Edit to add: The problem then is that the large companies who own the mines etc. have access to all the gold and silver deposits...world wide.

Eager to see some more opinions.
edit on 15-12-2010 by Pirateofpsychonautics because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Try to start up trade with gold and silver and watch how quickly the feds move in to shut it down and arrest everyone involved.

It is illegal to use either gold or silver as currency.

Hell, they don't even want kids selling lemonade anymore without proper permits etc.

Barter and trade would be a possible option, but no one will give up cash, at least not until it is worthless, which should not be long now.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Excellent article, thank you

In addition to this
Ron Paul had released a bill HR 4248, Free Competiton and Currency Act

Thanks for the thread, of course starred and flagged!!!!
edit on 15-12-2010 by ModernAcademia because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Okay, seriously, how long before Ron Paul has an accident? I can see it now...

"In a tragic twist of fate, an airplane carrying congressman Ron Paul mysteriously exploded in mid air. Authorities think a gas leak may have ignited the fuel that caused a mushroom cloud sized explosion. Authorities still aren't sure why it was literally a mushroom cloud explosion....More after these comericals... "FoxNews, we distort, you decide!"
edit on 15-12-2010 by v1rtu0s0 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Pirateofpsychonautics

Bartering should be an option for anyone in a free society. However there should always be a currency that is free circulating such as gold/silver. When the governments create money it is just paper and is backed with debt and the prospect that future generations will pay for that. Gold/Silver however is controlled only by market and natural sources, which means it is truly a free form of currency best suited for any developed society.

Of course those mining companies will be rich that is why Australia became so wealthy in the Southeast parts during the Australian gold rush. But think of it this way, let us say you decide you want to find your own gold thus create your own money. You could go mine for your own gold and trade it in so it can be made into currency. There you go, you just got rich.

Most people who went for the gold rushes were not part of corporations but rather they were their own bosses trying to find as much gold as possible.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by v1rtu0s0

Don't you mean CNN, we distort, you decide, oh, I meant MSNBC, or was that CBS? Ahh heck, just pick one and run with it~

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

Agree that bartering should be a part of any free society. As for gold, we will see a repetition of what happened right here in Victoria in the 1800's, an attempt at control/extortion by the ruling bodies and a new age Eureka stockade. Don't get me wrong, I totally agree with the theory of gold and silver as currency but think about if that came to be and a majority of citizens deserted their lives to go prospecting and the insane modern day gold rush that would occur. Word spreads throughout the world that (for example) gold is being pulled out of the nile at will and all who are able descend upon the nile from all corners of the earth to claim their share. of course he locals don't want to hand over a natural resource that was bestowed upon them (in a lot of cases it will be put in to religious context). Agree with the theory but it would not be just a simple transition

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Fractured.Facade

Considering that the first established monetary policy was based off of gold and silver as tangible assets, equivalent to the currency of that time, and due to the fact that it was a " working " system, it would further suggest that going back to tangible asset value would boost the currency . Leave it to the Monarchs, despots and even Democrats tried to skirt this inviolate law by filing down their coinage or mixing in other substances to make more coins out of the same amount of gold or silver.

And you want to point the finger at whom?

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Great post! S&F!

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 04:54 PM
link   
I'm surprised at that statement because I didn't expect Ron Paul to make a statement that dumb.

It would be totally impractical to have gold/silver as currency. If anything, you could use gold as a reserve...like many banks have been forced in the past. If they'd been forced to have proper reserves in the first place, we wouldn't be in this mess.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

Your a troll, I've seen you in past threads. Anything regarding Ron Paul, your against. Thus your opinion holds no merit.

Btw, history lesson for ya, why don't you scroll up to my last response and learn something for once~
edit on 15-12-2010 by Whereweheaded because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Whereweheaded

(Boy oh Boy ... if you are still mired in and believing that the "two party system" has any merit, meaning or difference between the two, I would invite you to consider that you are behind the curve in awareness of "whereweareheading". I am going to suppose that there is simply just a motive to "wedge" ..to have an opposite to point a finger at, et al to fragment)

on topic ..and to bring Fox and the rest into it ...

realizing that the MSM is owned..and has nothing but TPTB interests in mind ..it alarms me that BUY GOLD AND SILVER advertising dominates the slots .. (I listen to Glenn Beck in order to find direction how NOT to think or form opinion lol) .. and this includes Alex Jones, of course. It has become apparent that he is controlled.

Everywhere one turns for "news", there is a gold and silver salesman. And now Ron Paul recommends we go straight to gold and silver for currency? Something fishy .. It could be possible that the one world currency supposedly desired by TPTB will be TRIGGERED by a move to gold/silver use... order out of chaos.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 05:06 PM
link   
it is a great idea. i support the "gold reserve currency" concept whole heartedly.

But it won't happen. Ron Paul will end up dying, and the US will merge with Mexico. That is the plan.

Could you imagine, though. Gold as money? The raids would be very violent. Not men in the night on horseback, but rather commandos in hummers using night vision.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by v1rtu0s0
Okay, seriously, how long before Ron Paul has an accident? I can see it now...

Who knows?

Maybe he will suddenly develop a condition that causes his arteries to leak and rupture.

Especially if he spends too much time in the offices of the state department.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by sayiamu

On the contrary, I firmly believe that the " two party " system is not only broken, but a smoke screen designed to make the people feel as if they are contributing to the process. Its a well known fact, that not only is the two party system, but the electorate and popularity a coy.

On topic: to suggest that the tangible value of an asset, that was proven to be used as the monetary system, that not only had backing, but held currency value to be a " bad idea ", just comes to show how little you may or may not know about the history of the monetary policy. And that's what I was trying to submit with earlier responses. The simple fact that had our currency had a backing of some form of tangible asset, we wouldn't be in this situation. Printing currency like its going out of style, with no backing only adds more to the problem.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Agreed, but at least CNN does a good job at it. Fox is like a little boy lying about stealing a cookie from the cookie jar. They are so horrible at lying about the news, and sometimes they just give up and inivite intel officers on the show. They're like $#@$ it, we'll just have the guys telling us what to say just say it themselves.

Originally posted by Whereweheaded
reply to post by v1rtu0s0

Don't you mean CNN, we distort, you decide, oh, I meant MSNBC, or was that CBS? Ahh heck, just pick one and run with it~

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrXYZ
I'm surprised at that statement because I didn't expect Ron Paul to make a statement that dumb.

It would be totally impractical to have gold/silver as currency. If anything, you could use gold as a reserve...like many banks have been forced in the past. If they'd been forced to have proper reserves in the first place, we wouldn't be in this mess.

Thats not a troll post,actually he is correct on a few different points. Gold and silver as currency is a dumb idea. People tend to shave,drill scrape and otherwise steal the resourse therefore devalueing it.

Even using gold as a reserve or sole reserve especially is also a bad idea imo because those who own the fed currently also own most of the worlds gold and mines. It wouldnt take long for them to be able to corner or greatly affect the system again.

I propose a basket of reserves,commodities, say five with gold and silver being 1/5, corn, soybeans,oil and federal land just to keep them honest. With such things as corn,soybeans,oil,you have expansion which allows you to print more money as the economy grows. Currency control is a very tricky business much more so than one would think. You have to be able to expand it,you have to be able to contract it and you have to be able to back it with a reserve that expands constantly thats why any grain commodities would be a good idea i.m.o.

The reserves in Fort Knox (if there) and the total value of all federal land (they own a great deal yet) would allow for the initial printing,the commodities would allow for expansion. Thats the way I been thinking anyhow,you could chose wheat or any other essential farm product thats traded on the market in order to sustain and hold the value.

But gold bad idea imo for just those reasons,plus if they do go there,they will confiscate it all again.

Edit to add The very most important thing would be the money would belong to the people,we elect district representatives,congress has to ASK the people for their budjet,the interest would be fixed forever and the profit would go to only the social security program.
edit on 12/15/10 by nickoli because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Wowee. This man is amazing...he's not wasting time and is relentless. I hope he's got some very strong support around him.

<<   2 >>

join