It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nostradamus C1,Q3 - your thoughts on Line 4?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2004 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Oh yeah there's a fantastic case for him being off his rocker. What tickles me is the people who have taken it all to seriously. People who wait until after some event, then try to find just the right quatrain to fit it.

Then there's the authors and rogue scholars who will write an almost vaguer interruptation of the original quatrain, so they can claim that they read it right.

The quatrains are fun to play with, as you can tell by my posts in this thread, as well as the others, between us, we have probably come up with about 8 different interrpretations of 4 lines of vague text.

posted on Jul, 7 2004 @ 10:34 PM
link   
This is how I understand it:

Litters-people

whirlwind-war

faces will be cloaked-death

new republic-Iraq

reds and whites-U.S. and Soviet Union

posted on Jul, 8 2004 @ 03:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Vagabond
It could be about the Bolshevik revolution in Russia. Communists were called Reds, the opposing forces were collectively called Whites.

i was thinking about this quatrain for the execution of the last russian tzar and his family+some others.

C1, Q10
A coffin is put into the vault of iron,
where seven children of the king are held.
The ancestors and forebears will come forth from the depths of hell,
lamenting to see thus dead the fruit of their line.

however, its been reported that he had only 5 children. so maybe not unless he had it goin with another woman. his only son with his wife was a hemophiliac. oh well.

[edit on 8/7/04 by agent]

posted on Jul, 8 2004 @ 03:58 AM
link   
most likely a saxon and slavek rule.

posted on Jul, 8 2004 @ 07:52 AM
link   
The New Republic has to be America. I'm pretty sure that we were the first republic since the Roman days. America is a new republic.

Nostradamous usually can't be figured out until AFTER something happens, and then it's like 'oh man, why didn't we see that before'.

posted on Jul, 9 2004 @ 03:46 AM
link   
im thinking white is the democratic nation of iraq just placed in power and red being those who are actually calling the shots right now through the

RED as in blood spilled by those militant groups that have been using their hostages inpending deaths as a tool to force the hand of allies to pull out in hopes that when everyone leaves they can take out the white that is now in power

posted on Jul, 9 2004 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Two things just came to me.
1. Nostradamus is useless, and very few of us would know a thing about him if he hadn't written down a prediction about a flood on the river Hister (which if I remember correctly is an ancient name for the Rhine, outdated even in Nostradamus' day, isn't it?).
2. If we're going to play games with Nostradamus, we have to remember that he was a frog, and like many frogs, he was chiefly concerned with the affairs of France ahead of the rest of the world. This means that the New Republic likely refers to a foreseen (or simply desired) Republican overthrow of the monarchy in France.

posted on Jul, 9 2004 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by agent
When the litters are overturned by the whirlwind
and faces are covered by cloaks,
the new republic will be troubled by its people.
At this time the reds and the whites will rule wrongly.

who do you think the reds and whites are?

Its about the French Revolution i believe.

posted on Jul, 10 2004 @ 01:13 AM
link   
it kinda sounds like something reffering to the communist revolution of october 1917. the reds were thecommunist and the whites were the tsars.
thats what i get anyways

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join