It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Secret Santa spreads joy, disbelief in Kansas City

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Perhaps this is not the correct forum, apologies if so. I enjoyed this story, and though it's not necessarily an "ATS type" of story, with all the negative posts, sometimes it's nice to read the other side of things. Feels good to know there are still good people out there doing what they can to help.

Secret Santa II took over from Stewart about the time the recession hit and the economy went into a tailspin. Like Stewart, this Secret Santa doesn't talk about his own finances, where those $100 bills come from and if — like for so many people now — they've been harder to come by.

Come December, he just fills his pockets with money, dons his red cap and heads out looking for people to make really happy.

Santa gave her $200, listened more, hugged her, and told her the poster she was holding had special meaning. It was a photo of two hands, one large, one small. Words printed at the bottom could have been written by Secret Santa, the original or the current one.

It said: "Kindness in giving creates love."

Source: Secret Santa spreads joy, disbelief in Kansas City

Great story, I have always hoped that one day I would be in a position to do something similar. It's good to know not everyone out there is greedy and out for themselves.
edit on 15-12-2010 by Pimpish because: fix source formatting

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 03:09 PM
link   
read this earlier today.. if i were that rich i would deffinatly be doing the exact same thing. if i ever win big in the lottery... like millions.. id deffinatly toss a mill to doing that.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Great read and your right with all the negitivity on ATS its nice to read something like this.

It made me feel all warm and christmacy.

Peace.
ALS

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 07:02 PM
link   
LOVE this story and already posted on my facebook and urged others to share.

What breaks my heart are some of the comments on that page.
People are so negative. I had read a saying somewhere where someone said, "Sometimes there are people who go through life looking for the pee in the snow" and it sure showed in some comments. People were getting into the whole 'oh they'll just use it for drugs' or 'Well it's their fault they're in that situation and now this guy is turning them into bums'.

Gods I dislike the negative people at times.

This is one of THE most heart felt things anyone could do and remain nameless too on top of it. The man before him was just as generous, giving out something like 1 million dollars. I love people like that. I'd so do it once I start work if I ever find it.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 01:08 AM
link   
reply to post by sarra1833

I am somewhat of an optimist and think that people tend to be more idiotic on the internet than they would be in real life, the whole troll effect. Of course, there's always those people out there. I didn't bother reading the comments, fortunately!

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 01:27 AM
link   
If there is a God then God bless this person for the good they are trying to do. I know I myself am not and probably never will be in a position to do this for other people, but it is comforting to know that people less fortunate than myself are bing taken care of by selfish-less people in this world. Have a Merry Christmas or what ever faith you subscribe to ATS. And if you subscribe to none then just enjoy the holiday with the people you love and make someones day a little better how ever you can. Damn that sounded all chick like, so go out and buy some more bullets and survival gear and stuff!!!!

new topics

top topics

join