It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ironic...FDA fines Dannon Activia Yogurt

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

Hmm, could have been Activia light or something, all I know is that I was eating a cup of it at a friends place and stopped when I read aspartame on the label.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Killface

Yup, Activia Light has aspartame. Look towards the bottom of the ingredient list.

Link to source for Activia Light ingredients.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Killface

Thank you for pointing that out.

You must be like me and read the label of everything before you eat it

They put that stuff in almost everything, especially "light" or "low sugar".

I am glad you caught it in time before you ate too much of it.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 07:53 PM
link   
I think this is another example of the FDA not wanting people to know about products that actually make them healthier. Its all a game to them...a game for profit. They want people to be sick, that's the idea.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

Yeah, I was about 3 bites in and caught the word "aspartame" out of the corner of my eye on the foil lid... thought to myself:"Damnnnniittt.."

It is truly hard to avoid food with aspartame, they really shove it at you... I usually don't have to worry because I don't buy anything "light" or "lite" ha ha, but again, I was at a friends place raiding their fridge hehe

You are right, it is always good to read the ingredients before eating anything, in my case, halfway through eating it.
edit on 15-12-2010 by Killface because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 11:18 PM
link   
My son and I were doing a taste test on several yogurts recently and as for the activia, well it tasted like sulpher to us, just nasty and poisonous. We considered returning it but it still sits in the fridge.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 11:40 PM
link   
I'm glad they dinged Dannon. If the commercials are to be believed, yogurt is the most advanced substance on the planet! It can do everything but walk your dog!

Seriously, I feel bad for the poor women they target this stuff at. Do people really believe they can be healthy just by eating yogurt? I

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by SyphonX

Well is there proof that Activia does those things? I don't agree with the fine, but don't just live in a bubble. Is yogurt really good for you? Is dairy good for us?

Fluoride, MSG and Aspartame are all quite different topics. That's a different conspiracy really. The general public knows MSG and Aspartame are bad but think it can't be THAT bad if the FDA allows it. So it's not like there is any commercials promoting the use of these chemicals. Fluoride is a hush hush conspiracy that has to do with money, and maybe even other motives that are very esoteric.

The above is a lot less about false advertising compared to these commercials I always see involving Activia.

The FDA is only doing this for quick money of course, and to look busy.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 02:21 AM
link   
I never have had a problem with irregularity. I bought some of that Activia yogurt, I couldn't get off the pot, I was going all the time. So the FDA says it doesn't help you stay regular, they're lying.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join