It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aliens Are Here To Stay, "Get Use To It"

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Howtosurvive2012

A skeptic is someone who isn't stupid enough to assert a belief before he/she has critical evidence. U.F.O....well you know what it means, it doesn't mean extra-terretrial spacecraft.

Hush us if you want, be we have a right to ask for evidence when you make a positive assertion as to what a light is in the sky, or what is controlling it.
edit on 17/12/10 by awake_and_aware because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by awake_and_aware

Ofcourse we do. I'm amazed by the people who follow and believe so blindly.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by amc621

wonderful, i am glad we can agree on some level. i am sorry for seeming to try and force my opinions on you, i should never have been like i had, i was just felt like i was on a roll, and i'm sure you know how that goes sometimes.. and i agree to some extent about the open communication, but i also disagree because of our weapons of mass destruction... maybe they just aren't ready to annihilate the entire human race and the few resources left on this planet because you know the common opinion is one of fear of an 'encounter', mainly because of the government and hollywood... i am glad we can see eye to eye... even if it's only sort of... but now, back to the debate, get back on your side of the fence and i'll get back on mine j/k

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by amc621

blindly? how the hell can you assert blindly, if you've never witnessed the phenomenon, and to boldly make those types of statements. I don't think that people just believe because its popular, especially when everyone on the right would call you a nutball and destroy any credibility you may have had.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Isn't that a bit backward? If i assumed that everything was guilty until proven innocent i would readily accept that aliens visited the earth's oldest civilizations, taught them how to build and involved themselves in our conflicts by choosing a side and fighting for it insted of resolving the matter peacefully just because Aliengenes said so.
reply to post by MaximumTruth

see that's what i mean, you are still so ready to assume it couldn't have happened, what makes you so certain? because you haven't had a 'close encounter'? and if they are far superior (i'm not saying they are, but if they were) why would they waste their time with our mere squabbles over land and oil and religion, if they have the capability of interstellar travel, don't you think their agenda is a little above ours at this point? maybe one day we won't be so worried about the 'materials' that we are quickly running out of on this planet, and worry more about what happens when all that material is used up... or what happens when north korea/etc. slams the planet with a nuclear bomb too big for their pants and destroys us all?

and obviously there is strong argument against you, 'scientific evidence'(proven for you) or not, so it's only easily explained away to you, not to me... i am still in awe that people can be so naive to think with 300sextillion+ planets out there, and the common knowledge that exoplanets with the possible ability to sustain some sort of life already have been found, that ANYONE could still believe we are all that there is... that again is completely self centered and leaning towards possible god complex issues... if you asked me, which you didn't, but this is the place for opinions, i have mine, and you have yours... opinions that is, you have no basis to back up your disbelieves and i have no proof (sufficient for you) to back up mine... again we must agree to disagree, although i'm sure you will continue to argue, but you will not persuade this soul, i have had my experiences, and i know what i see as truth, even if i cannot show you...

What on earth does a christian symbol have to do with the construction of the pyramids?

christian symbol??? yes some christians may believe that, but then again, where did they get the triangle shape from? it's a pyramid, which was around (as far as i can tell, having grown up a roman catholic, long having dismissed that religion though and we can argue about that somewhere else) long before christianity was incorporated into this world...
check here...
www.answerbag.co.uk...

and here... just a little further down then the second paragraph
en.wikipedia.org...

Imagery of an all-seeing eye can be traced back to Egyptian mythology and the Eye of Horus.

en.wikipedia.org...

The Eye of Horus is an ancient Egyptian symbol of protection, royal power and good health.

and you are right to a certain extent, sci fi doesn't always constitute evidence, but if you believe that the ancient egyptians made up all the stuff that their hieroglyphs picture, then wouldn't they be the originators of sci fi??? this is referring to what you stated earlier, but i'm pretty sure if you just google you will see there is major scientific hype surrounding ancient egypt, you can look back at a previous link i supplied that clearly stated scientists and archeologists and the rest are still not able to give proof at how the pyramids were constructed
edit on 17-12-2010 by schitzoandro because: grammatical

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by amc621

I agree with you. The arguments "for" aliens being here are arguments "that it's possible" for aliens to be here. All the evidence is circumstancial at BEST. Once again, before all you who MUST feel that aliens are here, I'm not saying it's TOTALLY impossible, just saying it's no fact.

yes, but the arguments "for not" having been visited are arguments "that it's possible" for aliens to not be here.. you are correct, all the evidence is circumstantial, for your argument as well... and i'm not saying it's fact either, not fact that can be proven....

but what about indiana jones and the raiders of the lost ark??? i'm pretty sure there is a secret warehouse they clearly show in that movie that MUST have an alien ship or 2 in it!!!
sorry, some of this debate is so heated i had to kick a little fun at it, and being the devil's advocate i am, i have no problem kicking the fun at myself!!

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 04:00 PM
link   
and holy moly!!! what is this?!?!

The Eye of Horus is an ancient Egyptian symbol of protection, royal power and good health. The eye is personified in the goddess Wadjet (also written as Wedjat,[1][2][3]Uadjet, Wedjoyet, Edjo or Uto[4] and as The Eye of Ra[5] or "Udjat"[6]). The name Wadjet is derived from 'wadj' meaning 'green' hence 'the green one' and was known to the Greeks and Romans as 'uraeus' from the Egyptian 'iaret' meaning 'risen one' from the image of a cobra rising up in protection.

en.wikipedia.org...

the green one?!? a rising cobra?!? wow, yeah, if it's not something the ancient egyptians witnessed or experienced, then it's pretty amazing all the way back then that they had stories of little green men and reptilians here on earth or at least visiting or within sight... amazing... thanks for making me look further into the eye of the pyramid theories... oh how sad, again, theories, nothing that can be proven...

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by awake_and_aware

A skeptic is someone who isn't stupid enough to assert a belief before he/she has critical evidence. U.F.O....well you know what it means, it doesn't mean extra-terretrial spacecraft.

Hush us if you want, but we have a right to ask for evidence when you make a positive assertion as to what a light is in the sky, or what is controlling it.

TO THE ORIGINAL POSTER:

Are we foolish to ask for CRITICAL evidence before claiming a U.F.O is controlled by an extra-terretrial race that is visiting earth?

Of course, we are interested, BUT demand thorough investigation and the necessary conviction of irrefutable EVIDENCE before asserting such a conclusive belief!

What is so "close-minded", so "blindly-skeptical" about this approach? I don't see any, we're being open-minded.

Surely it is more blind to assume?

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 04:22 PM
link   

no its not foolish to find all of life suspect

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by pravvda

some great positions he's/she's putting forward. It nice to see some intellectual minds behind the shrouds of blind faith lemmings.

see but aren't you shrouded by the blind faith that it isn't possible?

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by aliengenes

what? i didn't say i found LIFE suspect?

I find positive assertions where neccesary irrefutable evidence is unavailable to be deemed untrustworthy until they have further means at making that assertion. An alien body, some of their technology proving that its theirs and not ours. This doesn't mean i believe that life could never reach earth.

How do you know it isn't human technology? You don't know what we've discovered, especially with the compartmentalisation of military and corporate scientific facilities.

This is one of the reasons i doubt your theory, these still could be human or controlled by humans. I'm not doubting that a hypothetical alien race would be unable to reach Earth. You have no evidence. Goodbye.

Anyone else, i advice to read the original poster's words carefully, and think critically.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by awake_and_aware

Hush us if you want, be we have a right to ask for evidence when you make a positive assertion as to what a light is in the sky, or what is controlling it.

This is what I wrote:
posted on 17-12-2010 @ 01:35 PM

I'd be willing to bet if there was as much circumstantial evidence regarding extraterrestrial life in the OJ trial, he'd have been in jail allot sooner.

If skeptics want to prove/believe UFO's aren't genuine...
They'll have to give explanation to every Unidentified object in the sky.
Black ops or not, their unidentified objects that are flying in the heavens.
Logically, in order for them to be terrestrial, everyone must originate from earth.
Can that be proven? I submit, a better title for the thread would have been:
"UFO's are here to stay; accept it."

Did I imply they were all or definitely extraterrestrial? If so, where?
Your speculation and foolish comments amplify your condescending tone.
Learn to read thoroughly instead of trying to correct someone else as a reaction.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Why should WE give an account of every possibility?

The burden of proof is to the people who make a positive assertion, as with anything in science.

It should be up to you to account for all the possibilities before making such a claim.

One of the first possibilities i would think of is that it could be that the the U.F.Os are human technology. My understanding of astronomical phenomenen isn't great, so i couldn't come to a conclusion without critical evidence. Now you differ in opinion? You seem to KNOW it's those damn space aliens.

Throw me a bone would you? Learn logic and science, Not hearsay, guesswork and myth.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Can you prove that aliens DON'T fly those ufo's?

And these ufo's have been around for years,way before humans even knew what technology was.Why hasn't the human or humans who invented them come forward?That type of technology would have been very beneficial to mankind..especially the person who invented it.

And isn't parking your space ship in the middle of the sky in the middle of cities in broad daylight an obvious here we are sign?

You can't expect aliens to come down with open arms.With all the wars and deaths and evil that men do..earth is probably like hell to them.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by schitzoandro

Isn't that a bit backward? If i assumed that everything was guilty until proven innocent i would readily accept that aliens visited the earth's oldest civilizations, taught them how to build and involved themselves in our conflicts by choosing a side and fighting for it insted of resolving the matter peacefully just because Aliengenes said so.
reply to post by MaximumTruth

see that's what i mean, you are still so ready to assume it couldn't have happened, what makes you so certain? because you haven't had a 'close encounter'? and if they are far superior (i'm not saying they are, but if they were) why would they waste their time with our mere squabbles over land and oil and religion, if they have the capability of interstellar travel, don't you think their agenda is a little above ours at this point?

what makes you so certain that aliens are visiting this planet when the evidence is poor and anecdotal?

And with regard to the alien involvement stuff you've been talking about.lol I was using that exact argument against the claims made by Aliengenes.

That argument is why it is unlikely the original claims are truthful.

and obviously there is strong argument against you, 'scientific evidence'(proven for you) or not, so it's only easily explained away to you, not to me... i am still in awe that people can be so naive to think with 300sextillion+ planets out there, and the common knowledge that exoplanets with the possible ability to sustain some sort of life already have been found, that ANYONE could still believe we are all that there is... that again is completely self centered and leaning towards possible god complex issues... if you asked me, which you didn't, but this is the place for opinions, i have mine, and you have yours... opinions that is, you have no basis to back up your disbelieves and i have no proof (sufficient for you) to back up mine... again we must agree to disagree, although i'm sure you will continue to argue, but you will not persuade this soul, i have had my experiences, and i know what i see as truth, even if i cannot show you...

Now now,that's quite the massive assumption.

I know that is nice to think of me as a religious person but unfortunately i am not as stupid as you might first have guessed.

Just because the chances for alien life existing are very high does not mean that they have visited this planet.

Infact the galaxy is so large I could argue that a society of alien life would have to be incredibly far advanced to be capable of space travel within this galaxy.

What on earth does a christian symbol have to do with the construction of the pyramids?

christian symbol??? yes some christians may believe that, but then again, where did they get the triangle shape from? it's a pyramid, which was around (as far as i can tell, having grown up a roman catholic, long having dismissed that religion though and we can argue about that somewhere else) long before christianity was incorporated into this world...
check here...
www.answerbag.co.uk...

and here... just a little further down then the second paragraph
en.wikipedia.org...

Imagery of an all-seeing eye can be traced back to Egyptian mythology and the Eye of Horus.

en.wikipedia.org...

The Eye of Horus is an ancient Egyptian symbol of protection, royal power and good health.

and you are right to a certain extent, sci fi doesn't always constitute evidence, but if you believe that the ancient egyptians made up all the stuff that their hieroglyphs picture, then wouldn't they be the originators of sci fi??? this is referring to what you stated earlier, but i'm pretty sure if you just google you will see there is major scientific hype surrounding ancient egypt, you can look back at a previous link i supplied that clearly stated scientists and archeologists and the rest are still not able to give proof at how the pyramids were constructed

Ok what does the eye of horus have to do with the construction of the pyramids?

You say the pyramids are sci fi because the eye of providence?

that doesn't even make sense.

Im begining to think you are a troll because this level of inconsistency could only be engineered.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by GodIsPissed

It's one of the possibilities, but to positively assert that it is an extra-terrestrial race is presumptious, as presumptious as saying it's a human craft - Why? because there's no evidence. Its arrogant to suggest to yourself you know the origins of these crafts, or that they are craft at all.

I'm not claiming to know more than you, i just know its an assumption, however, i grant you - a possibility BUT no evidence currently supports it. Or confirms it.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 07:07 PM
link   

I agree with you some what.Like with being presumptuous.But don't you think people have that right with all the evidence?

What evidence?Besides all the videos and witnesses testimonies,news footage and etc?Well all those paintings and ancient artifacts with the spaceships suggest a highly advance civilization.And since it was back in a time where we were basically in the stone age still,isn't that proof of an intelligent being or beings which would be considered alien in that time era?Nowadays you can mark it off as cgi or a "hoax" or a plane..but back then there were no planes or cgi.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by GodIsPissed

There is more evidence that those objects are man-made than there is evidence they are alien.

We have evidence the governments create secret advanced technology.
We have evidence that private scientists test and create aircraft technology.
We have evidence that humans exist, and fly aircrafts.
We have evidence that humans have space craft.

On the other hand...

We have no evidence that aliens actually exist. We can speculate they do. I believe they might, but we don't have evidence of it yet.
We have no evidence that aliens are intelligent.
We have no evidence aliens fly in space ships.
We have no evidence aliens are even capable of traveling the vast distances to reach our planet.

All we have are lights and objects in the sky which could be human, and we have more evidence that they could be human.

As for crafts 1000's of years ago... well, there is evidence that suggests there might have been advanced human civilizations long ago, that might have been killed by major disasters. Not aliens but humans who discovered flight in the past.

edit on 17-12-2010 by gift0fpr0phecy because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by gift0fpr0phecy

there isnt any evidence that the US has any flying saucers that they've developed on their own, especially with the flight characteristics that have been seen and filmed. mach 2 or 5 isn't 8 to 10,000 miles an hour and they sure aint pullin no 15,000Gs.

whoever's flying them aren't of this world and its definitively not our earthly technology either

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by gift0fpr0phecy

Humans never had the technology or the know how back in the 1500's.Only an advanced civilization could have made those crafts..way back then to today!I don't think humans know how to make those space ships.Because.If they did then what's stopping them from proving it?Why wouldn't they be proud to show off such technology instead of hiding it?To show their enemies how advanced they are.Remember the big race to get to the moon?

If humans made those crafts we would know about it.Why hide it?We never had the know how way back then and we don't now,if we did you would see them..

This is the best man has come up with.No where near the perfectly still ufo's you see high in the sky today.
www.youtube.com...

So I think people have every right to be presumptuous.

And don't forget I'm not saying every single ufo is alien..I just think that not every ufo is man made.Fair?
edit on 17-12-2010 by GodIsPissed because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join