It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aliens Are Here To Stay, "Get Use To It"

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Schleprock
I think I mentioned that I don't care what you believe or don't believe. And I certainly don't care if you believe me.

Very good, then.
I'll keep my conversations to those that are interested in supporting their beliefs.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by dplum517
Have you not listened to military personnel give eyewitness accounts of UFOs turning off missile silos?
Have you not listened to Astronauts that have gone to the moon and space give there accounts of UFOs?
Do you not give any credence to a single abductee who claims he was taken by aliens?

If NONE of these credible people are enough to even make you question something then I suppose you will just have to wait for your own enlightening moment.

When you buy into the credibility of personal accounts you are employing the argument from authority. People's accomplishments do not make their claims automatically believable .

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by dplum517

Yes, I've heard ALL those things, I've also heard a lot about the Loch Ness Monster, the Bermuda Triangle. I could go on with LOTS of things that there are sightings about. What documents from the airforce? All those docs are not official.

Come on, I know you want to believe, but you can't just say it's proof and make it so. Lots of people beleive in Jesus Christ, but that doesn't mean he actually exhisted. There is no PROOF!

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by amc621

Wow....YES they are official. And NO I will not spoon feed you evidence.
You say you have heard all these things. How about you get off your ass and actually do the research yourself.
You want to debate this yet you are not qualified to debate this. And yes you need to be prepared and qualified to debate something.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Jesus Christ really exists and he will return, wimp ominous.

edit on 16-12-2010 by realitydiscovered because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 12:50 PM
link   

I have done my research....name one document that OFFICIALLY says there are alien in the air of on the ground here. NAME ONE@! You can't, what a convienent answer "I'm not going to feed you evidence" Why not just stick your tongue out after you say that. How childish your stance is.

If you SO sure than you should be able to EASILY tell me where to go and read something or send it to me yourself. BUT YOU GOT NOTHING!!!!!

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by aliengenes
reply to post by starchild10

my delusions fly and come with witnesses. what do yours come with?

Ah but there's the thing. Not everyone accepts what you cite as proof as credible. And you can't ask someone to explain their lack of belief in the existence of something for proof. The burden of proof is with you I'm afraid.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by dplum517
And NO I will not spoon feed you evidence.

you need to be prepared and qualified to debate something.

So you claim you have evidence (that people have repeatedly asked for for 12 pages), but refuse to provide any. And then you take a dig at others for not being "prepared and qualified" to debate something?

Do you see a problem here?

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 12:58 PM
link   

How about you share your qualifications for debating there are aliens around and on earth. Have you watched untold hours of the Sci Fy channel, or Monsterquest, or UFO hunters on History Channel? Where do you get a qualification to debate aliens?????

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by traditionaldrummer

so what you are saying, still... is that no matter what anybody says, does, has done, etc... basically no one is to be trusted, and no one's word is good enough for you... but even if there was proof to show you, i'm pretty sure you stated earlier that you cannot trust your brain to determine what you perceive with your eyes, so how would you even believe the truth if someone showed it to you??? excellent argument though, keep it going... and you are not alone, it seems every disbeliever here would surely agree with you, your eyes will deceive you, so how could you even interpret truth? do you not think about all the yay-sayers? believers v. disbelievers... i think you know who wins here at ats, but you wouldn't want to believe that either, even though you can see it with your own eyes... which you can't trust...

link   

Thanks for the back up comments, however I don't think the poster will respond, unless it's "nahnahnah, yes there is aliens, I said so!!"

link   
double post

edit on 16-12-2010 by amc621 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by amc621

No, you haven't. In fact it sounds like you haven't done ANY. I never said the documents proved alien life. I said they overwhelmingly point to a cover up that has to do with alien life.
www.nicap.org... Those are just some documents that are available because of the FOIA. They are all official and you can cross reference what you would like.
Just a question: Are you saying that all the credible astronauts and military personnel who have given testimony of UFOs are simply crazy?
Also, are you saying that no UFOs exist and that if they do every single one is man made?

If you answer yes then the conspiracy goes much deeper and is much more diabolical that the logical theory of them being ETs.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by schitzoandro

Let me ask you something, do you believe David Blain can float thru the air? How about David Copperfield make a building disappear?

The proof would be a real alien craft captured, an alien body. Seeing a light fly across the sky, or lights fly across the sky could be a million and one things, not necessarily a alien spacecraft

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by torsion

I could take thousands of photos and videos, but what difference is it going to make in this world of skeptics?

Ive had sitings with many many witnesses present at different times throughout the years, and even they understood the belief systems of the skeptics, so we all agreed that we would share our stories, but not get too caught up in it other than acknowledging the phenomena as being real, and sharing our insights of what we perceive is going on.

I'm not making any outlandish claims that millions before me and will afterward have claimed and believed.

most times they only appear for just seconds and then blink out while I'm tracking them with my 10x50 binoculars, so by the time i even got the camera up they would be gone, and you really never expect to see them when you do, they just happen along at the most inappropriate moments. although it may have sounded as if I'm always out every night watching for them , that's not how it was meant, because just like everyone else in the world, i mostly stay indoors at night, but when in fact i am out i just happen to get a glimpse of 1, 2 or many more , it just depends on how long i choose to stay out at night, or if i get bored. in truth its not really all that entertaining unless something really unique occurs, but you could never know when that was ever going to happen? but when it does its most appreciated. what I'm really trying to say without sounding like a weasel or non committal is, who the hell is going to believe me, other than believers and witnesses?

but for the sake of any further argument i will say that I am investigating appropriate equipment and designing a tower to set evenly with my treeline in the middle of my property, so i can have more of an un-obscured field of vision to set up on. this coming summer should be quite an event, that i don't want to miss out on and document

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 01:06 PM
link   

In the post I'm replying to you ask to be convinced as to the reasons people believe in UFOs and extraterrestrial intelligence. I'm not convinced you want to be convinced.

When someone says "I don't care whether you believe what I believe", you promptly dismiss them for taking that line. Newsflash - they just can't be bothered banging their heads against the inevitable brick wall. :bnghd:

Elsewhere (when someone tries to explain) you dismiss all attempts as unscientific, unreliable, unverifiable (etc).

I detect a "damned if you do, damned if you don't" situation on my c********o radar. [atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/0b9b3f14ecde.gif[/atsimg] It seems that you will never be satisfied with any answer you are given when the subject is UFOlogy, unless mainstream academia throws down thirty years worth of peer-reviewed evidence beforehand (which we all know won't happen any time soon).

So go and find something else to talk about! As per my previous post? I just don't understand why you're still here..?? Unless it's to frustrate and detract, to dissuade the interest of unbiased observers/ lurkers who are curious about the subject of UFO sightings and so forth...

If people aren't allowed to be interested, then nobody will ever learn (or prove) anything...

You are now spamming this thread, on some sort of crusade to prove UFOlogy enthusiasts to be unintelligent, unreliable, poor judges of evidence and so on. We don't deserve to be treated in this way, particularly on a conspiracy site, where the guidelines of this particular forum state that the bulk of opinion will lean in favour of the acceptability of theories relating to UFO/ alien existence.

Ever heard the phrase 'agree to disagree'? I think it most definitely applies here. Anyone who is interested in UFOlogy should (and probably would) steer clear of your style of reasoning, at least while the field of study is at this stage in its development. It (hyper-skepticism) literally gets us nowhere.

edit on 16-12-2010 by FlyInTheOintment because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by schitzoandro
so what you are saying, still... is that no matter what anybody says, does, has done, etc... basically no one is to be trusted, and no one's word is good enough for you...

Correct. Personal accounts are untestable.

but even if there was proof to show you, i'm pretty sure you stated earlier that you cannot trust your brain to determine what you perceive with your eyes, so how would you even believe the truth if someone showed it to you??? excellent argument though, keep it going... and you are not alone, it seems every disbeliever here would surely agree with you, your eyes will deceive you, so how could you even interpret truth? do you not think about all the yay-sayers? believers v. disbelievers... i think you know who wins here at ats, but you wouldn't want to believe that either, even though you can see it with your own eyes... which you can't trust...

All I require is tangible evidence to support someone's claims, especially when they're purported to be fact. Someone saying that they saw something doesn't establish proof of anything. People see ghosts and bigfoot also, yet we don't accept the existence of either on someone's personal account.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by amc621

Your insinuations of childishness do nothing but prove your own.

2nd.

Edit - AlienGenes... I commend you on your resolve and tenacity. As per a couple of supporters on the thread, there are plenty of sources which indicate a coverup, and that, I believe, is adequate to support my suggestion that we cannot profit from hyperskepticism (eg demand for full academic rigor when the evidence is literally being swept under the carpet). Good luck - I won't be back her for a while as I've other things to do. Arguing resolves little when the field is as ambiguous as UFOlogy. Any reasonable person can see the scales are weighted against us.

edit on 16-12-2010 by FlyInTheOintment because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by amc621
What documents from the airforce? All those docs are not official.

For those like you...doesn't really matter what documents one shows, because you won't look at em anyway.

To make a statement like "All those docs are not official" is basically just plain ignorant and shows you never even looked

:shk:

In my opinion, the burden of proof does not lie with the believer, but with the seeker... because when stuff is laid out for you and you refuse to see it, who is the fool?

Disclosure NSA Style
www.abovetopsecret.com...

When you finish that thread, come back and tell me again how these documents are not official, that is if your not afraid to go to NSA, .gov and .mil sites to see it for yourself

Deny Ignorance, yours

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyInTheOintment

I disagree, I think if you EVERYONE agreeing, then what's the point. Everyone just want to pat each other on the back and say "yup, aliens are there". I would love to hear or see real proof of aliens, the truth is a documented UFO is not neccessarily a alien craft. It could be some governement ship that the public is unaware of. Every shred of pictures, accounts and videos around do not prove "Aliens" They prove there are things that the public is unaware of. Could it be alien, I guess, but that's FAR from fact.

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join