It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Poll: Congress' Job Approval Rating Worst in Gallup History!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Haha, zero surprise there.

All I would like to know is who is the 13% who APPROVE of the job they are doing?!?

That must be made up OF congress members, and their corporate and bankster masters whom they serve. lol

PRINCETON, NJ -- Americans' assessment of Congress has hit a new low, with 13% saying they approve of the way Congress is handling its job. The 83% disapproval rating is also the worst Gallup has measured in more than 30 years of tracking congressional job performance.

Full Article:

www.gallup.com...

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

I may disapprove of congress but I blame it entirely on the general population who vote like mental retards. For important jobs, normally people go through a 1 hour interview with two or three different people in order to be selected. With the very most important jobs in government, people are hired a based on 30-second TV sound bites, or even worse, looking into which party they signed up with, forgetting that complete morons who've never held a job can easily become a Republican or Democrat. Can you imagine if your doctor was hired by the hospital based on a 30-second TV commercial telling the administrator how terrible the other applicants are? Half of us would be dead right now!

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 12:38 PM
link   
No surprise here being that they all are just a bunch of corrupt bums.

They need to CUT some elected officials. We have TOO MANY of them. Thats where we need to cut. Send them to the unemployment line as anyone else in the country doing such a POOR job as them would have been FIRED already.

Get rid of the bums. Their HUGE salaries are just adding to the debt and their job performance is a DISGRACE. No average citizen would last a week at a job if they performed like these bums in office do.
edit on 15-12-2010 by pplrnuts because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 12:41 PM
link   
with all the proven vote fraud
it isn't the voters fault
it is the fault of the special interests who believe they have a right to be POSs
and can't see it is the end of their gravy train too
once the final solution is reached.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

All I would like to know is who is the 13% who APPROVE of the job they are doing?!? That must be made up OF congress members, and their corporate and bankster masters whom they serve.

Rassmusen calls them the "Political Class" and reports their opinions separate from Main Street opinions.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 12:50 PM
link   
It's encouraging. This is good news. I wonder how clear a message they need?

second
edit on 15-12-2010 by wcitizen because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by wcitizen

Doest really matter they will just shuffle us between the two parties telling everyone the next election will change things, the problem is the two party system, we need more choices than the hand picked figureheads we have now. The two parties are in bed with each other........sometimes literally

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 01:02 PM
link   
As someone said earlier, This is not surprising one bit.

It takes millions to run for political office and the only way to get millions is to do the bribing of those donating the millions.

WAKE UP America, it's time to take back our country.
edit on 15-12-2010 by thewholepicture because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Yes, when one broaches the subject with "the voters are stupid", the REAL issue is being overlooked...

That issue being, THERE IS NO ONE IN THESE TOP LEVEL POSITIONS who is going to REPRESENT THE PEOPLE.

The entire system of the 2 monopolistic parties (which are really the same party at their core) has been infiltrated, manipulated, bought out, and is entirely controlled by corporate and financial interests.

So it does not matter WHO one votes for within this paradigm---They are ALL serving the same interests. They would not even make it up to the top tiers of the political ladder unless they have already agreed to 'play the game'!

All one has to do is take a look around to see this. It has been going on for decades! The 2 party 'differences' are merely a way for TPTB to keep the masses rused into believing they have a "choice" of who will lead them and look out for their interests, when in fact, as we can see, they all serve the same interests, which have NOTHING to do with yours or mine.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Just one question about this. If there is an 83% disapproval
and a 13% approval, that is 96%. What happened to
the other 4%? Apathy? Didn't feel like voicing an opinion?
edit on 15-12-2010 by endtimer because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by endtimer
Just one question about this. If there is an 83% disapproval
and a 13% approval, that is 96%. What happened to
the other 4%? Apathy? Didn't feel like voicing an opinion?
edit on 15-12-2010 by endtimer because: (no reason given)

4% would be undecided.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Maybe there arent enough lawyers in Washington? We need more lawyers.

Somebody find these lawyers real jobs so they can stop screwing with the country.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Doesn't matter how poorly the current collection of retards on the hill are rated people will file to poling places on time to pretend-pick different morons who will fail just as hard. The system is rotten to the core and nothing short of a political enema will change things, and even then there is a good chance that smooth talkers will worm their way back into power and maintain the status quo.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 08:48 PM
link   
I wonder, what was the government's job approval rating, just before this happened?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/240716dfb79d.jpg[/atsimg]
Prise de la Bastille

I love this poll. Unfortunately, for the past 35 years, Gallup shows the Congressional approval to have averaged under 40% and the voters continue electing Democrats and Republicans.

I would like to see the results of a poll worded like this

1) What is your approval rating of your Senators and your Representative?

2) What is your approval rating of the rest of Congress?

Then, maybe we could gain some understanding as to why these buffoons continue to get elected, over and over and over and over and........

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 09:07 PM
link   
WTF? Are those other 13% holding the rest of us back? Where is the national outrage? Will it take 100% to revolt/demand absolute change? Or will it take 110%?

Not only have I lost faith in the system...I have lost more faith in the people.

I write my representatives, governor and president regularly. What do the rest of the "common folk" do?

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 12:22 PM
link   
This is why just voting wont work, they just replace the hand picked lackys with outer hand picked lackys and have the media brainwash everyone into believing a vote for any one but one of the two major parties is wasting your vote. The truth is voting for EITHER of the two big parties is wasting your vote both are bought and paid for before they are even allowed to run for office

new topics

top topics

join