It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Photo I Captured of a Beam of Light or Laser at Mt Adams (April of 2010)

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

imagine standing right next to a sky scraper, looking at a 90 degree angle to the sky & taking a photo with the edge of the building near the middle of the view. in the photo the perspective of the building would be stretched even from the middle of the image past the peripheral.. this is what you are seeing. it came from above, as far as i know, the outer atmosphere. But how 'long' it ended up being, since it was so fast i couldn't tell.
farm5.static.flickr.com...

I have some pictures I have taken there on a flickr album (doesnt compress the images)
www.flickr.com...
if you look at the shots i put up of the mountain those are not bugs or specs on the lens they are actually in the sky and around the mountain, not visible to the naked eye.

edit on 15-12-2010 by orazio because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by orazio

I don't know why you talk about perspective and other photos, I only asked for the original, full size photo because you said the photos were taken with a 7 megapixel camera, so I was expecting a 3072 x 2304 photo.

So, could you please post the original, unresized, photo?

As for the other photos, I can talk about them latter, but I limit myself to one case at a time.

PS: If Flickr doesn't allow images that size you can use esnips
edit on 15/12/2010 by ArMaP because: added PS

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 06:31 PM
link   
I downloaded the picture and took a look at it. There is no EXIF information. So I can't tell how long the shutter was open. Like the others have requested, it would be nice to see the raw image, so the EXIF information doesn't get erased by online image hosts like flickr.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Well laser's do not just stop at a point as your pic shows.
unless it is hitting a target but it's not.
also it's not one of the wavelengths associated with laser
light,visible,ultra violate or infra red, though a digital camera
will pick up some of the invisible wavelengths.

but then i assume you saw this "beam" with your eyes
and not on a digi cam screen? as you clearly shot something,
even say an exotic weapon like a strong particle beam
could light up the particles and make up of the atmosphere
oxygen, nitrogen, (it would create plasma) but this would not
fit what you have,

to me it looks like a meteor.i know you say that you have
seen many but they don't all look the same.

i don't think it's a rocket ether as you would of heard it!
so what is it? well i cant tell you, but i think i have tried
my best to tell you what it's not.i still think meteor.

maybe the experts can tell more from the exif data
IE long exposed photo of thrown sparkler/firework?
but then that would make it a hoax.and we don't want that do we.

I will keep an eye on this thread to see where it goes.
try to catch some more,maybe even these "light ships"
you spoke of.that would be cool.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 07:22 PM
link   
hey i saw the same thing you described and looks just like the image you took.(I did get it on video)I saw it hit the floor ground in my neighbors backyard like it was scaning for somthing,it swept to the left then came back to the right just before disappearing and i know my neighborhood has no tall buildings for anyone to shoot down a beam like that and that fast,plus i did not hear any helicopters!

from the video i took,so i belive you and i know what you experience was real! and the beam i got looks just like yours in your picture!

I'm glad i'm not the only one who's seen somthing like this.Thank you for sharing

edit on 15-12-2010 by LookingforInfo because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by angrydog
looks like a flamethrower fired in the dark

what confuses me...why you make a foto of so much darkness and not more of the "thing" itself?
edit on 15-12-2010 by angrydog because: (no reason given)

learn how to read...

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by ipofaon

Flickr has the EXIF data, here.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

Thank you for that, I didn't even know I had the EXIF on them still. When I saw it was taken at 22:22:07pm I laughed (inside joke for me)
I Esnip'd the actual full original (1.6mb image) - right here -

reply to post by stealthyaroura

The light certainly came from high up in the sky, and it appears to have a torroid-like spin to the light, reminding me of a dna spiral. This is important to note, it is almost organic not smooth like a laser pointer would be. It is definitely not a fake.
Who knows it could have been in a non-visible spectrum but i sensed it with my 3rd eye, I have always on occasion seen geometries, orbs of light, subtle energies or auras.. there are things that we might still sense though we can't see it with our naked eye (IR, UV, but also other vibrations we can't pick up on even with advanced light sensor computers)

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/1c4ce79e1623.png[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/971d02553c0f.png[/atsimg]

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 07:55 AM
link   
reply to post by orazio

Your esnips link is empty.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 08:44 AM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

Wow sorry idk how that happened.
-Original Photo file-
edit on 16-12-2010 by orazio because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 09:24 AM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

As I suspected. The flash was fired and the flash unit is on the left hand side of the camera (from the users pov). This would mostly illuminate any close object that may stray into view on the left of the frame - as we have here.

I know that some people use the flash when it isn't needed because they're aware it can produce anomalies and artifacts or transform dust and insects or camera straps into unidentifiable things that they can then claim to be of a paranormal nature. You only need look at other "paranormal" photos from Gilliland's ranchers to confirm this.

I'm not saying that you deliberately did this but if you were taking photos of the sky, why would you use the flash? Further, if the "beam" hit the ground by the side of your head, wouldn't the camera need to have been on your forehead, not your chest, for the "beam" to be in that position in the photo.

I'd say the beam of light you thought you saw was the first flash fired during red eye reduction mode then the second flash picked up an object of some kind held close to the camera. Do you wear spectacles, for instance, and may have held them in you left hand, the arm protruding over the lens, while your right hand pressed the shutter button?

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by LookingforInfo

That is pretty interesting I wonder what you saw!

Originally posted by torsion
reply to post by ArMaP

As I suspected. The flash was fired and the flash unit is on the left hand side of the camera (from the users pov). This would mostly illuminate any close object that may stray into view on the left of the frame - as we have here.

I know that some people use the flash when it isn't needed because they're aware it can produce anomalies and artifacts or transform dust and insects or camera straps into unidentifiable things that they can then claim to be of a paranormal nature. You only need look at other "paranormal" photos from Gilliland's ranchers to confirm this.

I'm not saying that you deliberately did this but if you were taking photos of the sky, why would you use the flash? Further, if the "beam" hit the ground by the side of your head, wouldn't the camera need to have been on your forehead, not your chest, for the "beam" to be in that position in the photo.

I'd say the beam of light you thought you saw was the first flash fired during red eye reduction mode then the second flash picked up an object of some kind held close to the camera. Do you wear spectacles, for instance, and may have held them in you left hand, the arm protruding over the lens, while your right hand pressed the shutter button?

The camera was more like over my colarbone, the photograph taken is of something coming from above me into the ground, you are saying a blade of grass or a stick.. Well I saw this reddish light come at an angle from a point very far away, with my own eyes. I know it was not a piece of grass or some object that was in between me and the sky there wasn't any trees I was lying on short grass and dirt. There was nothing in my hand, no I had even taken a couple pictures before this one, without moving the camera or my arms or anything... all the other ones were completely dark and blank (save for the fuzzy barely visible starry sky)
Of course I had to use flash in the night how else could i get night photographs? I know theres lots of silly stuff so it must be ones priority to maintain discernment.. thats fine. I have even watched through IR night vision goggles, orbs of light bobbing about, even going straight through objects and into the ground but its not only during the night too that energetic things have shown up in the photos.
edit on 16-12-2010 by orazio because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 10:13 PM
link   
reply to post by orazio

I'm sorry i just don't have any thing for you on this phenomenon
life sometimes is stranger than fiction
i would love an answer though.keep ya eye's to the sky.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join