It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

The Muslims are not the enemy.

page: 5
18
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic
 


I believe Islam is the most violent and dangerous religion today (keyword today, not yesterday or a thousand years ago) and it has no place on this planet, and I also happen to be atheist. So is that fair enough for you? Am I still a blind hypocrite even though I know all religions are BS? Because you know, there are reasons why Islam is viewed in a negative light, and not everyone that is opposed to that religion is some crazy Christian fundamentalist redneck with an agenda




posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by felonius

Originally posted by MrAtomicspace
reply to post by felonius
 





I dont like muslims. Never have, never will. Too much wrong with their society to even start


I am a Canadian citizen, with eurpean background, and I am also muslim. Can you please explain why you hate me?!


Its your religion/political stance that I dont care for. Islam is more of a politcal movement than ever was a religious one.

Lets see. I'll give you a couple for starters.

1.Stoning / Honor killings. This one really knocks me out. Woman gets raped or (god forbid) is seen talking to another man and she gets axed. Yeah. Thats an advanced society.

2.The way your people are invading other parts of the world and instead of assimilation of themselves into that culture, they attempt to assimilate the area to theirs.

When and IF you guys ever get it together enough to have a reformation like the christians did, we would possibly be able to be friends. Until then, your religion is a disease.

I've had a few friends from"that part" of the world. We got on famously.

they werent muslim.

you say your of "eurpean background". ARe you an ethnic european (i.e. German, Spanish, ect) or are you middle eastern?



edit on 16/12/10 by felonius because: edit


***1. Aren't many African nations of Christian belief? I believe there is no need in mentioning what happens over there... So why don't you also dislike Christianity?!

2. "My people" are assimilating parts of the World?! I am muslim, what other people with muslim belief do is their responsibility... It has nothing to do with being muslim.

3. And yes I am ethnic European, more ethnic than Germans and Spanish people are. You can probably find out from which part of Europe I'm from if you have proper knowledge.
edit on 16-12-2010 by MrAtomicspace because: (no reason given)



posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlackOps719

Muslims are the modern day American Indians.

They stand in the way of official governmental progress, they hold land that is made up of untold riches that need to be exploited and they are dark skinned and misunderstood enough to play the role of "Indians" to the western cowboys. The perfect boogie man.

While I agree that certain facets and sects of Islam are backward and border line stone age, the same can be said for many other religions and societies. A fundamentalist Muslim who takes every word of the Koran literally is no different from a fundamentalist Christian who believes every world of the bible to literally be the word of God.

If I had to put my finger on any particular group who were truly the enemy of the United States and the enemy of it's people I wouldn't have to leave the middle east to do so. They just wear different shaped hats and believe that they are also God's chosen people.


I cannot believe people like you exist...

One point here, being from the US you should know that you are very good friends with Saudia Arabia, so you might want to take your finger off of there before more of your ignorance becomes evident..
edit on 16-12-2010 by MrAtomicspace because: (no reason given)



posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by MareBellator
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic
 


I believe Islam is the most violent and dangerous religion today (keyword today, not yesterday or a thousand years ago) and it has no place on this planet, and I also happen to be atheist. So is that fair enough for you? Am I still a blind hypocrite even though I know all religions are BS? Because you know, there are reasons why Islam is viewed in a negative light, and not everyone that is opposed to that religion is some crazy Christian fundamentalist redneck with an agenda


Why don't you, instead of pointing fingers, do some actual research and find out the truth. Can you not see the US has been targeting Islam as a pretex to attack Afghanistan and Iraq for their natural riches (Lithium and Oil). Infact do you still believe in the US propaganda after all of those leaks...?
edit on 16-12-2010 by MrAtomicspace because: (no reason given)



posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by MrAtomicspace
 


Try reading my post a bit more carefully and you will see that I was actually defending Muslim people, not attacking.

You missed the point entirely.



posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 11:00 PM
link   
reply to post by MrAtomicspace
 


Erm the US is not at war with Islam, its at war with muslim extremists and it was not pre-planned, your simply delusional. As for the leaks, obviously your talking about wikileaks of which they've released nothing supporting your belief that we're at war with Islam for resources, so unfortunatley for you that doesnt help your cause. Also keep in mind that if we were really at war with the general muslim population, we wouldnt have friends in extreme Islamic countries like Saudi Arabia, as much as I dislike that country. You've made no reasonable point or sense, congratulations

edit on 16-12-2010 by MareBellator because: (no reason given)



posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 11:04 PM
link   
reply to post by MareBellator
 





I believe Islam is the most violent and dangerous religion today (keyword today, not yesterday or a thousand years ago) and it has no place on this planet


Am I missing something from here?! Just to clear things up, Islam is the religion, muslims are the people.

Although I am glad you can tell that the extremists are messing things up.
edit on 16-12-2010 by MrAtomicspace because: (no reason given)



posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 11:12 PM
link   
reply to post by MrAtomicspace
 


Are you insisting that I dislike all muslims in general because I'm opposed to Islam? Not at all, I respect them as human beings, its their inner beliefs (goes for anyone of faith) and the damaging actions caused by those beliefs that I have a problem with. On the outside they may seem all good, but on the inside, well you know.
edit on 16-12-2010 by MareBellator because: (no reason given)



posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 11:24 PM
link   
reply to post by MareBellator
 


I understand your point. But being muslim I have been taught not to hate people, and that I must not judge a person because of their faith or ethnicity, after all, we are all equal infront of God. Are you saying that my belief is wrong?

Please read the piece below

Islam - A Religion of terror?



A bomb goes off in a marketplace in Jerusalem. A suicide bomber launches himself into a bus full of women and children in Tel Aviv. Foreign tourists get massacred at a holiday resort in Luxor, Egypt. Villages upon villages get annihilated in Algeria. The list of events worldwide which have come to symbolise the 'Islamic terror' are endless. From the times in the 70's and 80's when Pan Am and TWA aeroplanes would be highjacked, to the mid 80's in war torn Lebanon where Americans and Europeans would be held as hostages for years; all such incidents have come to be identified with the religion of Islam. Such incidents from past and present have undoubtedly affected Muslims worldwide and more so in the West. Any Muslim, who wants to practice his/her religion and expresses the pious desire to live under the banner of Islam, is labelled a fundamentalist or extremist. Any Muslim man who walks down a busy street in London or Paris (and Paris moreso) with a beard and a scarf on his head, is looked upon as being a terrorist who's probably got an AK47 stashed somewhere on his person. Muslim women who are veiled can't go anywhere in the Western world without being taunted as being oppressed or being mad (for covering up)


I believe a very good point is made above. Although personally I am against full body veils because it violates the most basic right of being a human, identity.
edit on 16-12-2010 by MrAtomicspace because: (no reason given)



posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 11:33 PM
link   
reply to post by MrAtomicspace
 


Well your obviously a moderate muslim and I have no problem with that, I actually wish everyone that shared your faith were like you, more or less. As for your question, yes I believe your faith isnt true, but im not picking on you because your muslim as you already know im atheist.



posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 06:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrAtomicspace

Originally posted by felonius

Originally posted by MrAtomicspace
reply to post by felonius
 





I dont like muslims. Never have, never will. Too much wrong with their society to even start


I am a Canadian citizen, with eurpean background, and I am also muslim. Can you please explain why you hate me?!


Its your religion/political stance that I dont care for. Islam is more of a politcal movement than ever was a religious one.

Lets see. I'll give you a couple for starters.

1.Stoning / Honor killings. This one really knocks me out. Woman gets raped or (god forbid) is seen talking to another man and she gets axed. Yeah. Thats an advanced society.

2.The way your people are invading other parts of the world and instead of assimilation of themselves into that culture, they attempt to assimilate the area to theirs.

When and IF you guys ever get it together enough to have a reformation like the christians did, we would possibly be able to be friends. Until then, your religion is a disease.

I've had a few friends from"that part" of the world. We got on famously.

they werent muslim.

you say your of "eurpean background". ARe you an ethnic european (i.e. German, Spanish, ect) or are you middle eastern?



edit on 16/12/10 by felonius because: edit


***1. Aren't many African nations of Christian belief? I believe there is no need in mentioning what happens over there... So why don't you also dislike Christianity?!

2. "My people" are assimilating parts of the World?! I am muslim, what other people with muslim belief do is their responsibility... It has nothing to do with being muslim.

3. And yes I am ethnic European, more ethnic than Germans and Spanish people are. You can probably find out from which part of Europe I'm from if you have proper knowledge.
edit on 16-12-2010 by MrAtomicspace because: (no reason given)


1. I'm not sure what your point was on this but I have no love what so ever for the early church. They were like the romans (were the romans
) but with a screwed up mixture of insane fanaticism and hypocracy.

2. Nothing to do with being muslim? Your koran tells you to do so. Maybe your one of the few that will bring about a reformation?

3.More ethnic than Germans or spanish?

Maybe your one of those folks that believe that Turkey is European. If so, I'm sorry you guys are stuck with Erdogan. That sob is undoing everything Ataturk did.



posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by MareBellator
reply to post by MrAtomicspace
 


Erm the US is not at war with Islam, its at war with muslim extremists and it was not pre-planned, your simply delusional. As for the leaks, obviously your talking about wikileaks of which they've released nothing supporting your belief that we're at war with Islam for resources, so unfortunatley for you that doesnt help your cause. Also keep in mind that if we were really at war with the general muslim population, we wouldnt have friends in extreme Islamic countries like Saudi Arabia, as much as I dislike that country. You've made no reasonable point or sense, congratulations

edit on 16-12-2010 by MareBellator because: (no reason given)

Ma dai! Che idiota...
From what I can see here (New Zealand) yes, the USA is at war with Islam, and yes, it was pre-planned and it is over resources!
After all, look at all the American attempts to overthrow Chavez - and what for? OIL!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Vicky



posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 07:46 AM
link   
reply to post by ofhumandescent
 


No, Muslims are not the enemy, but Islam laws are and those that follow those laws are the enemy when it comes to fighting the infidels.



posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Vicky32
 


I guess that entire quote can be applied to you too, i've got nothing to add



posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by felonius

Originally posted by MrAtomicspace

Originally posted by felonius

Originally posted by MrAtomicspace
reply to post by felonius
 





I dont like muslims. Never have, never will. Too much wrong with their society to even start


I am a Canadian citizen, with eurpean background, and I am also muslim. Can you please explain why you hate me?!


Its your religion/political stance that I dont care for. Islam is more of a politcal movement than ever was a religious one.

Lets see. I'll give you a couple for starters.

1.Stoning / Honor killings. This one really knocks me out. Woman gets raped or (god forbid) is seen talking to another man and she gets axed. Yeah. Thats an advanced society.

2.The way your people are invading other parts of the world and instead of assimilation of themselves into that culture, they attempt to assimilate the area to theirs.

When and IF you guys ever get it together enough to have a reformation like the christians did, we would possibly be able to be friends. Until then, your religion is a disease.

I've had a few friends from"that part" of the world. We got on famously.

they werent muslim.

you say your of "eurpean background". ARe you an ethnic european (i.e. German, Spanish, ect) or are you middle eastern?



edit on 16/12/10 by felonius because: edit


***1. Aren't many African nations of Christian belief? I believe there is no need in mentioning what happens over there... So why don't you also dislike Christianity?!

2. "My people" are assimilating parts of the World?! I am muslim, what other people with muslim belief do is their responsibility... It has nothing to do with being muslim.

3. And yes I am ethnic European, more ethnic than Germans and Spanish people are. You can probably find out from which part of Europe I'm from if you have proper knowledge.
edit on 16-12-2010 by MrAtomicspace because: (no reason given)


1. I'm not sure what your point was on this but I have no love what so ever for the early church. They were like the romans (were the romans
) but with a screwed up mixture of insane fanaticism and hypocracy.

2. Nothing to do with being muslim? Your koran tells you to do so. Maybe your one of the few that will bring about a reformation?

3.More ethnic than Germans or spanish?

Maybe your one of those folks that believe that Turkey is European. If so, I'm sorry you guys are stuck with Erdogan. That sob is undoing everything Ataturk did.



1. My point is that there are many African nations which are Christian, and yet they are slaughtering each other in the most barbaric ways possible. So why do you not blame Christianity?!

2. You should try to read the Qur'an before you make assumptions based on what you are told. Read about the 5 pillars of Islam.

5 Pillars of Islam

Regarding my ethnicity, not that it maters, but I am Greek-Albanian, and can trace my roots to more than 1000 years.

If we went back 20-30 years ago, such hatred for muslims never existed. I ask myself why? What has changed today? We were the same muslims then as we are now. The only explanation I can come up with is that this is all due to a person's/group's interests.



posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Vicky32
 


Sadly US is at war with Islam in that you are right, but is not at war with Saudi Arabia, actually US tax payer dollars have put Saudi Arabia where is at right now, thanks to the oil business and the greedy oil mobsters in our corporate ridden nation.

Saudi Arabia a feudal monarchy with more human right violations than any nation and brews more terrorist also, are considered friends of the US.

Is all about money.


edit on 17-12-2010 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)



posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
reply to post by ofhumandescent
 


No, Muslims are not the enemy, but Islam laws are and those that follow those laws are the enemy when it comes to fighting the infidels.



Islam is only but a religion, what harm could praying, loving, and dedicated your life to helping others bring?
The truth is that some groups of people that are muslim are extreme in their beliefs and making the rest look bad also. Just because such people pray to All'ah, does not mean they are muslims, especially since they are violating the most basic Islamic rules.



posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by MareBellator
reply to post by MrAtomicspace
 


Well your obviously a moderate muslim and I have no problem with that, I actually wish everyone that shared your faith were like you, more or less. As for your question, yes I believe your faith isnt true, but im not picking on you because your muslim as you already know im atheist.


Thats exactly my point! You do not have problem with a muslim like me, but you do not like the one's that are causing global terror. How could there be two kinds of muslims?! There cannot, that is why those people must not be considered muslims!



posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by MrAtomicspace
 


Wrong!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Islam is the set of laws from where the religious believes of Muslims are delivered Islam law is one and those born in it follows no other.



posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Thank you jewish controlled media for brainwashing americans to suit your homeland's agenda. Most american's have never met a muslim, myself included. Yet they fear them like the plague.

Hats off to you media, and hats off to my fellow americans for being ignorant.



new topics

top topics



 
18
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

log in

join