It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Update: man evicted for living to simply

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Though this man was still thrown off of this land for living to "simply", we still made a huge impact on this mans life.

Thousands of people showed support for this man through out the United States.

This Makes me PROUD to share a country with people who are not dead from the neck up, and still care about your fellow human beings.

“It brings tears to my eyes, and I don't shed tears very easy,” Thompson says of the mountain of support he’s received. In recent days that includes a letter from Colorado with a check for $10 with “Land of the Free” in the memo line.

The story got tens of thousand of hits on multiple YouTube pages and quickly became one of the top stories of the year at WISHTV.com. E-mails came in from New Jersey to Oregon, Orlando to Calgary. In a statement to 24 Hour News 8, the Indiana Sons of Liberty, a community militia, said: "It would be a great sight to see a thousand ‘Don't Tread on Me’ flags flying on Mr. Thompson's property."

camper resident moves

Maybe next time a government tries to do this, they will think twice.

YOU CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE!

Thank you America,

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 11:19 AM
link   
If I wish I could just buy this land, build a small cottage, and let him live out the rest of his life there.

Then, I would turn it into a place for anyone who wants to live "simply" or give it to a group of people who would use as a base to fight in justices like this all over the country.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 11:21 AM
link   
why would the government think twice when they just got away with it? I hope they do more of this and incite a real, armed revolt.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Electric Crown
why would the government think twice when they just got away with it? I hope they do more of this and incite a real, armed revolt.

This man just wanted it to be over with and let them take his land, but not everyone will just hand over there land to corrupt governments. and the support this man has received proves that.

Yes, I do hope they try this again, only this time they make a mistake and do it to the wrong person who will fight with all his might against it.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 12:43 PM
link   
George Carlin said that we only have the illusion of rights. Stories like this proves his point. You can "buy" something but you never really own it.

top topics

join