It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mayan Elders spoke to U.N.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Robert Reynolds

well those in the suits probably are too close to see whats happening the saying (cant see the woods for the trees) if they were on the outside looking in like us im sure their perspective would change....but then we can always hope.

i believe there are good guys out there in government and i would say that a lot of them arent happy with all the corruption, but what can they do? resign and be in the same position as us? speak out and run the risk of being "shut up" permenantly?

too many are lured in with the hand outs, the payments of hush money that they dismiss their consiounce, when u are surrounded with corruption and people that will do anything for money and to keep thing behind closed doors you are put in a position of accept it or constant fear.

very few whistleblowers speak out and u know what happens to them...and its done TO WARN other would-be whistleblowers.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by templar knight

tbh i think the mayan elders are in more of a position to tell me and others about what it really means...if they are concerned then WE HAD BETTER BE.....id rather listen to them than some random on a conspiracy site.

no disrepect

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Just the fact that the Mayan elders gathered at the U.N. (whether it be in a "club" or not) to issue a warning scares me. They believe something's happening, and there's a whole lot about the ancient Mayans we don't know, so I'm inclined to believe them.

Whoops, some one beat me to the punch.

edit on 15-12-2010 by enlighten_me because: edit

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 06:54 PM
link   
I pretty much agree with Penn and Teller on this topic. Jesus has been coming back for centuries and the world is gonna end. I am however slowly stocking up on food, for any event.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Loki

There are actually thousands of them, the most famous being the Mitchell-Hedges skull, AKA the
"skull of doom". A very long time ago I heard that a certain number of these skulls would be brought together and used to fulfill a prophesy of some sort. I think the assembly point was the Great Salt Lake. The older skulls are very precise optical instruments and much like the Giza pyramid no one knows how they were made.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by rocha123
I found a DVD produced by the SMITHSONIAN NETWORKS,where they explain why and how the skulls are a hoax,because they analized the crevaces left by a modern machinery [like dentist drills].SO the video is written and directed by TILMAN REMME and produced by SIMON BERTHON. Is called 'THE LEGEND OF THE CRYSTAL SKULLS'

From what I have read, some are a hoax - but not all.

second

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Humbatz Men, a high Solar Priest, spoke gravely about the human race who have forgotten and abandoned their cosmic essence “Before the western colonialists spoiled our world,” he said, “the Mayans knew many secrets of the cosmos.”

Solar Priest huh?

The Temple of the Sun was the undoing of Atlantis. Power mad idiots.
edit on 15/12/10 by felonius because: edit

edit on 15/12/10 by felonius because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 08:41 PM
link   
TO THE MODS....you closed another thread on the Mayans, saying it's the same topic but it is NOT the same topic...it is two different occasions and in fact the two groups are saying different things.

They aren't the same. Please re-open the other thread? thanks.

Apologies for off-topic post.

edit on 15-12-2010 by wcitizen because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by enlighten_me

I hope you realize that entertaining the thought that this group has a better understanding of the ancient Maya due to their ancestry is a racist notion. The understanding is based on education and not on racial heritage. Right?

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Trublbrwing

There are actually thousands of them, the most famous being the Mitchell-Hedges skull, AKA the
"skull of doom".

The Mitchell-Hedges skull is a well known fake. The skull was purchase at auction. That is irrefutable. The woman owning the skull admitted after the fact that the skull was bought. Now it has been shown that the skull was made with modern, i.e. 1930s, technology.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by wcitizen

From what I have read, some are a hoax - but not all.

That's quite true. There are real skulls, but the real ones look nothing like the crystal skulls, which are 100% frauds.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by stereologist

Correct. No racist intentions here. Merely meant they are privy to Mayan secrets handed down thru the ages that others are not.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by enlighten_me

Thanks for the correct. I was a bit off to make that suggestion. In fact, I admit I had not considered the notion of having access to privileged information. Kudos for keeping me thinking. Cheers.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 09:18 PM
link   
This is actually rather interesting and seems to be true.

A little googling and link sequencing reveals this press release.

At 3 P.M. the Mayan elders will address a standing room only meeting sponsored by the Society for Enlightenment and Transformation--the spiritual arm of the United Nations--at the United Nations Church Center located at 777 United Nations Plaza (corner of First Avenue and East 44th Street), Manhattan.

These are the folks who sponsored the event and the Society for Enlightenment and Transformation looks like it's actually real.

I really don't know what to make of it.

edit on 15 Dec 2010 by schrodingers dog because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Ok so i was watching Ancient Aliens on History channel a few weeks ago. They were talking about the crystal skulls. The legend that stuck out to me was that there are 13 planets with evolved beings on it. We as earth are the 13th planet (planet of the children) each skull has all the information of each planet. Well the legend says that when you put all 13 skulls together it will give us the information of every planet. To my understanding there have only been 7 authentic skulls found. (This was all said on the ancient aliens show on discovery channel)

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

The event is real. Is it an arm of the UN? NO. It is simply a club.

Would this be any more significant than a presentation to the UN birding club? It's Christmas time and bird clubs all over do a Christmas bird count. I'm sure than UN staff enjoy birds, music, horse back riding, sailing, and all sorts of other interesting activities.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by felonius

The secrets should have been shared with all of humanity instead of being kept from them. Perhaps if the world as we know it had started out without a hierarchal and slave mentality we would be flying around in our own space craft now and connected to our cosmic brothers and sisters and proud of our truthful and honest roots to the cosmos.

I am by no means trying to cause any dissension against the Mayan Shamans, but it just seems hypocritical to blame without responsibility and to think that their reincarnated souls hold less of that blame than anyone born in this day and age to more progressive societies.

The skulls are of the physical plane of existence. They have been charged with the same energy each one of us has been because we are not separate, we are an organic unity, we are earth.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by NWOnoworldorder
reply to post by templar knight

tbh i think the mayan elders are in more of a position to tell me and others about what it really means...if they are concerned then WE HAD BETTER BE.....id rather listen to them than some random on a conspiracy site.

no disrepect

Ok, here's what they said:

Many have begun to take seriously the "prediction" that the world will implode within the next two years. But according to Mayan Elder Grandfather Don Alejandro Cirilo, all we need to fear about December 21, 2012 is a slight chance of cloud cover, and "heart attacks caused by too much thinking".

For centuries this date, the last recorded day in the ancient Mayan calendar, has carried a deep message about the fate of the world. But the prediction made thousands of years ago by meticulous Mayan astrologers has been so badly misinterpreted and misrepresented in the west that its original meaning has been lost.

According to Mayan Historian Don Pedro Chuc Pech, 2012 marks the end of the fifth period of the sun, which has taken 5,200 years to complete its cycle. The sixth period will begin on December 21, 2012, a time when "Mother Earth will be replenished with energy from Grandfather Sun."

For the Mayans, who have endured thousands of years of catastrophe, now is the time to celebrate the survival of humanity, not to mourn an impending disaster.

www.ipsterraviva.net...

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 11:52 PM
link   
13 is an unlucky number. When we reach 14 we will go back to joking about how stupid superstition is, right...?

There's something strange about the crystal skulls. High quality pure crustal forgeries have to be rare. When I hear that a 1930's crystal skull has providence of workmanship, it's something else. They are easy to make, right? It depends on the crystal.

They capture energy being perfect crystals and so massive, with a lot of energy put in by it's creator. All you need to make one is harder crystal.

The Mayans were good at mining.

edit on 16-12-2010 by squandered because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 01:38 AM
link   
reply to post by SlyFox_79

Nature, the First People and the spirit of our ancestors are giving you loud warnings. Today, December 10,1992, you see increasing floods, more damaging hurricanes, hail storms, climate changes and earthquakes as our prophecies said would come. Even animals and birds are warning us with strange change in their behavior such as the beaching of whales. Why do animals act like they know about earth’s problems and most humans act like they know nothing. If we humans do not wake up to the warnings, the great purification will come to destroy this world just as the previous worlds were destroyed.

(Thomas and Oren Lyons held up a picture of a large rock drawing in Hopiland.)

This rock drawing, shows part of the Hopi prophecy. There are two paths. The first with high technology but separate from natural and spiritual law leads to these jagged lines representing chaos. The lower path is one that remains in harmony with natural law. Here we see a line that represents a choice like a bridge joining the paths. If we return to spiritual harmony and live from our hearts we can experience a paradise in this world. If we continue only on this upper path, we will come to destruction.

Its up to all of us, as children of mother earth, to clean up this mess before its too late.

Only a highlight of an amazing article. Thank you for sharing, star an flag.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join