It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Government, aliens, whats up!?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2004 @ 12:52 AM
link   
If aliens existed and the US government was in secret agreements with them, why wouldn't the government have asked for advanced technology dealing with HEALTH. ??

The population on earth needs more advancement in those areas, specifically in cancer research and cures. I am sure the aliens have cures for everything as their knowledge far surpasses ours.

It only makes sense, why technology such as spaceships, instead of health advancements???

posted on Jul, 5 2004 @ 12:54 AM
link   
Becuase, they don't care about the peoples health. They would rather have means of taking over others. What will happen when no one is left to take over though...? They can enjoy ruling over a wasteland they created.

posted on Jul, 5 2004 @ 04:12 AM
link   
What would you rather pick a nice fast super machine with alien tech that dose incredible things .

Or some boring formula that cures cancer

sorry if im selfish but I want the alien tech

posted on Jul, 5 2004 @ 04:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by porky1981
... why wouldn't the government have asked for advanced technology dealing with HEALTH. ??

Lack of health is a good method of population control.

I am sure the aliens have cures for everything as their knowledge far surpasses ours.

All the areas of scientific research don't advance at the same rate. An ET race could have anti-gravity technology, but the same level of medical knowledge as we do.

...why technology such as spaceships...

Why stealth aircraft or nuclear weapons?

posted on Jul, 5 2004 @ 05:11 AM
link   

If aliens existed and the US government was in secret agreements with them, why wouldn't the government have asked for advanced technology dealing with HEALTH. ??

I don't think aliens exist, and I certainly don't think the US government is in a secret agreement with them.
If they did exist, and the US government was in a secret agreement with them, the US government would not be pumping millions and millions into the next (compared to alien technology) outdated technologies to get another piece of metal on mars.

posted on Jul, 5 2004 @ 06:03 AM
link   

the US government would not be pumping millions and millions into the next (compared to alien technology) outdated technologies to get another piece of metal on mars.

Maybe they do it just so that you think that, and what better way to keep their advanced tech exclusive than to invest in outdated technologies, and guide tech research in the wrong direction.

posted on Jul, 5 2004 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by OniShiro

Maybe they do it just so that you think that, and what better way to keep their advanced tech exclusive than to invest in outdated technologies, and guide tech research in the wrong direction.

No, if the technology were here it would be used. Same thing for health care. How many hundreds of billion of dollars could be diverted to devlopment of high tech stuff if it didn't need to be spent on health care. If there were alien agreements, one would have to assume they are superior to us because, after all, they made it here, we didn't make it there. If they were that intelligent, the first thing they would probably attempt to do is to solve many of our problems which create socio-economic, civil and culutral unrest.

posted on Jul, 5 2004 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Reminds me of the movie, "Real Men"...

Aliens: "Do you want the good package, or the big gun?"

My thoughts are that they chose the big gun.....(metaphorically speaking...)

posted on Jul, 5 2004 @ 12:15 PM
link   

If they were that intelligent, the first thing they would probably attempt to do is to solve many of our problems which create socio-economic, civil and culutral unrest.

Assuming they are peaceful, but if they are here only for their own agenda I doubt they'd care much about our health, speacilly if we are nothing more than cattle to them.

posted on Jul, 5 2004 @ 12:35 PM
link   

The population on earth needs more advancement in those areas, specifically in cancer research and cures. I am sure the aliens have cures for everything as their knowledge far surpasses ours.

It only makes sense, why technology such as spaceships, instead of health advancements???

Then they is not in seecret agreement with the ETs. It is not possible. The gov is joust trying to hide the existense of ETs. So there would not be questions about the flying discs it would be a mass disaster if gov took this out seriously, they are joust keeping the voice down.

mrq

posted on Jul, 5 2004 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
[
Reminds me of the movie, "Real Men"...

Aliens: "Do you want the good package, or the big gun?"

Is that the movie where they had to stick a pen into a baseball to signal the aliens?
That movie was hysterical.
-

You don't have to go so far as to imagine the government choosing between ET's help with medicine vs ET's help with military technology. Look at how much $ is currently spent on medical research...and then look at how much $ is currently spent on military r&d. I'd guess whichever one is in the lead is the one the gov would choose to receive help with.

I was speaking with a coworker the other day, and we were discussing just this topic (minus the ET part). He brought up a point I'd like your opinions on... He said one of the reasons that the cure for cancer hasn't been released yet is that cancer research is now an industry, along with lots of other diseases/conditions and their treatment/research. He went on to say that our economy would collapse if the cures that currently exist were released to the public. I've heard this before, but I doubt I'll ever know if it's true or not.
So...do ya think the ptb have all these cures on the shelf, and keep 'em locked up because sickness is a good tool for control?
Or do ya think that medical research just hasn't found the answers yet?

Dunno if this shoulda been a new thread...wasn't sure.. it seemed to follow this one though.
thanx and be well.
-mrq

posted on Jul, 5 2004 @ 01:17 PM
link   
I'd hate to think they have a cure sitting on a shelf. You know how many people lose relatives, loved ones forever just because of cancer.

I'd consider it a crime.

posted on Jul, 6 2004 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Is that the movie where they had to stick a pen into a baseball to signal the aliens?
That movie was hysterical.

Yep...one of my all time favorites....

Jim Belushi stars as a MIB (basically) who enlists the aid of a citizen (John Ritter), to go to a rendezvous with the aliens, to trade them a glass of water, for either the big gun, or the good package (a cure for an upcoming plague)... Others are out to get the big gun, so they must overcome these enemies and make the meeting, hehe....

Such things as:

Making an UZI out of regular items in a garage....
Checking the "hotsheets" for alien activity (tabloids)....

good stuff, hehe....

posted on Jul, 7 2004 @ 01:48 PM
link   

If aliens exist, why would they come to us?
If they did come to us, why would they do so secretly?
If they did attempt limited covert contact, why would they do so only to the US government?
And if they chose to secretly come to the US from their world, what makes you think they'd be receptive to technology requests?

I don't buy it.
If they were/are here, I doubt it's to come to the help of the world's only superpower. If they were/are in the hands of the US, it wasn't by choice.

If I was forced to make a guess (yeah I know I should start channelling..) I'd say the aliens are acting on their own, without the help/consent of any governments.

posted on Jul, 7 2004 @ 03:21 PM
link   

If aliens exist, why would they come to us?

Why did the Pilgrims trade with the Indians? Same parallel. Obviously, each has something the other one wants...

If they did come to us, why would they do so secretly?

Many possible reasons, most of them aren't pleasant... Perhaps what they want isn't something you'd want to see in the paper...? Perhaps their discovery was an accident, so they're simply trying to keep it from being a big impact, etc.? There are many possible reasons here...all perfectly logical.

If they did attempt limited covert contact, why would they do so only to the US government?

Obviously, you haven't looked into the global phenomenon. There is one nation, Brazil, which has even gone on record as stating that UFOs are indeed ships from another world. The US isn't the only one in contact. The Russian connection is well documented, there is some evidence also of South American contact, Canada, etc.

And if they chose to secretly come to the US from their world, what makes you think they'd be receptive to technology requests?

Goes back to the first question...having something the other guy wants... Besides, maybe they AREN'T receptive to tech requests, and maybe that's why I don't have my damned antigrav car yet?

posted on Jul, 7 2004 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Maybe their medical tech doesn't help us? Cancer maybe functions as a cure for them, while it is deadly for us, for example. Dogs and smaller animals can die of chockolade, while dark chockolade are good for the human heart, and even functions as a stimulant. It is also, if I undrestood it correctly, a drug for horses, which is why chockolade is strictly forbidden to be fed to horses before horse racing.

See what I mean...

posted on Jul, 7 2004 @ 04:36 PM
link   
1. If aliens would have been in contact with humans it would come out fast enough, such a thing can not be kept a secret.

2. If aliens fly in and out of our atmosphere all the time, you would be able to see it with the naked eye, not even mentioning radars.

3. If aliens did have more advanced technology then us, they surely wouldn't bother traveling that X million miles to show us a glimpse of their spaceships before they go back.

posted on Jul, 7 2004 @ 05:35 PM
link   
NWO

posted on Jul, 7 2004 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Alien biology would be very different from human biology. They could suffer completely different conditions and diseases, and no nothing about health as we know it. Or maybe aliens, like sharks, are immune to all known diseases...

posted on Jul, 7 2004 @ 07:32 PM
link   

1. If aliens would have been in contact with humans it would come out fast enough, such a thing can not be kept a secret.

It depends on how they are. If they are all controlled by one leader or a hive, they could very well be evil. Maybe it's like X-Files or Dark Skies? They simply want our planet, and use us as slaves for their bidding. Adding to the scenario, maybe they aren't many in numbers, therefore they prefer to take our planet without us even knowing it... until it's too late.

And if they have travelled so long, they probably have tech that surpasses our tech, they can probably cloak their ships if they wanted to stay out of sight.

2. If aliens fly in and out of our atmosphere all the time, you would be able to see it with the naked eye, not even mentioning radars.

They fly rather fast. Maybe they found a way through without having to enter the planet as capsules from spaceships have to. Besides, the UFO's are often seen in forrests and deserted places, so they would probably use those areas as an "entry".

3. If aliens did have more advanced technology then us, they surely wouldn't bother traveling that X million miles to show us a glimpse of their spaceships before they go back.

How do we know it's not just probes? Send it here, collect info, and then self destruct (Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus and Neptune as well as the sun itself are good "ovens", none of them have solid grounds)...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join