It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Time Man of The Year

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 08:07 AM
link   

TIME

www.time.com...

For connecting more than half a billion people and mapping the social relations among them; for creating a new system of exchanging information; and for changing how we all live our lives, Mark Elliot Zuckerberg is TIME's 2010 Person of the Year.

(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 15-12-2010 by eniranjanrao because: url correction

edit on 15-12-2010 by eniranjanrao because: Edit correction

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 08:07 AM
link   
At last we have the man of the year award it must have surprised many but it was expected by many.
Let us admit it Facebook has changed the lives of many.It has help many to keep in contact with many to are far away and also making new friends and a good tool to make your views Known to others.Time has made a good choice this year of without selecting any Politician, at lest some known now to 600 million users of Facebook

www.time.com...
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 08:21 AM
link   
reply to post by eniranjanrao

oh bugger, i really thought this was my year

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 08:30 AM
link   
Pathetic! Julian was in first. Guess the vote wasn't democratic but put there in place to give the illusion that it was.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 08:36 AM
link   
I hate time magazine's pretentious ego massaging articles, honestly as if these people had actually done something good rather than just make a name for themselves and make themselves rich. God i hate facebook, it's all HEY EVERYBODY LOOK AT WHAT I'M DOING BECAUSE I'M S PATHETIC ATTENTION SEEKING CREATURE THAT NEEDS CONSTANT EGO MASSAGE

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 08:39 AM
link   
Lol ,People voted for Julian Assange and Time choose this bilionaire

Time will sourely lose some customers.

edit on 15-12-2010 by xavi1000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 08:41 AM
link   

You really don't need to advertise Facebook you know...

Besides, a little ego stroking is in order, after all, Microsoft does want its hands on Facebook. That or google...

It's ridiculous that these things happen in the first place...these petty, good for nothing awards that hypnotise those already sleeping...ridiculous.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 08:46 AM
link   
And i'll bet, this guy thinks he's god now his face is on there! Are we just creating ego monsters? Do all these people beleive their own hype?

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 08:48 AM
link   
I don't care for TIME but this is shocking. Besides owning Facebook, the only aspect of him that has given him the public spotlight and influence is Facebook's privacy problems. Other than that, Mark does not deserve the award. Lebron James, Favre, Obama, Jon Stewart or Assange should have gotten the award.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 08:48 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

You guys may be missing the point. The Time Person of the Year isn't some sort of award for achievement, it's about who made the biggest news impact. Could be good, could be bad. Hitler was Time Man of the Year once. So was Khomeini. Yes, they'll lose subscribers over it and get all sorts of hate mail from people who don't understand what it's all about.

Actually, I think they get a lot of people saying they are going to cancel their subscription, who aren't even subscribers. Anyone who reads Time knows the deal.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Julian was the first. Zuckerberg wasn't even between the first five. Now my question is, why they're asking the people to vote if they're already decided who is the TIME man of the year? This is another TPTB lie, another illusion. Lying, lying, lying. That's what the TPTB can do, nothing more. Elites, huh? Pathetic morons, true clowns.

From this moment I boycott the TIME Magazine.
edit on 15-12-2010 by Sentinel412 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Isn't Facebook about 6 years old, what has he done this year?

Oh yeah there was that movie about it... because that sure helped make society a better place.

Bradley Manning is my man of the year, along with the other whistleblowers who haven't been identified.

And shouldn't it be person of the year? or do they do a seperate one for women of the year?

Sorry I don't pay much attention to Time Magazine but I have heard of their man of the year.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 08:56 AM
link   

For background on the Time Magazine Person of the Year designation. extra DIV

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 09:01 AM
link   
TIMES chose a manipulative, sociopathic, megalomaniacal, narcissistic thief over a hero who is changing the world into a truthful, transparent democracy?

Wow! Just Wow!

IRM

edit on 15/12/10 by InfaRedMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Poll Result

The corporate internet vs the internet used as a tool for transparency and democracy. Time has chosen side and made itself redundant in the long term with other MSM such as Fox, MSNBC etc.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 09:08 AM
link   
reply to post by yeahright

Noone is missing the point, we get it people's vote don't count even on internet anymore.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 09:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Sheol

Ooooooooooooooooh, it wasn't rigged. If you even dare to think for that, you're a conspiracy theorist.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 09:14 AM
link   

The editors of Time have always chosen their Person of the Year. It has never been determined by a public vote or poll, ever. It wasn't supposed to be determined by a vote this year. There was a poll. More people who participated in the poll thought Assange should've been Person of the Year. The editors disagreed.

Since a good number of the people participating in the poll were likely clueless about what it's supposed to represent, I'm not all that surprised the editors went in another direction. They still posted the results of the poll. What's the big deal?

Y'all are funny.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 09:17 AM
link   
reply to post by yeahright

Thank you.

So it is person of the year. It doesn't have the same ring to it but I guess thats the tiny price you pay for equality.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 09:21 AM
link   
while I don't, necessarily, agree with Time's choice (as yeahright said, their choice, not the poll's), I will say this in defense of Zuckerberg - the guy has been in the news all year. From the bad publicity related to the security issues, the movie, the donations etc, the man has been in the year all year long whereas Assange, while far more important, has only been a headline for a few weeks and, even then, more people know who Zuckerberg is than Assange.

That's sad but it's true.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join