It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Global High Frequency System

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2004 @ 12:49 AM
link   

EAM's or Emergency Action Message. Another very important aspect of the GHFS is the transmission of EAM's. EAM's are the coded military orders or bulletins that have the highest priority. When EAM's are broadcast, ALL other users of the system are to standby. If you hear a voice giving a long series of letters phonically this is an EAM

I found this web site when using google to find new Frequencys for my hobby of using a scanner to listen to the military . The page contains some very detailed charts on the bases that are using this system around the world and and the Frequencys used.There is also a explanation of some of the call signs used what they mean. I hope you find this on interest as i think it makes a great read. I can only post a little infomation from the site as i dont have permission from the author yet i have sent a email asking so heres some to get you going.

Freq-USB Description
4.7090 Sigonella
4.7240 Andrews, Ascension, Elmendorf, Guam, Hickam, Lejes, Offutt, Salinas, Thule, Yokota
6.7120 Andrews, Ascension, Guam, Lajes
6.7240 Sigonella
6.7390 Ascension, Elmendorf, Guam, Hickam, Salinas, Offutt, Thule, Yokota
8.9920 Andrews, Ascension, Elmendorf, Guam, Hickam, Offutt, Salinas, Thule, Yokota
9.0070 Sigonella
9.0250 Lejes
10.7800 AF Eastern Test Range (Backup for Ascension), Cape Canaveral, Antigua, Ascension, Maui
11.1750 Andrews, Ascension, Elmendorf, Guam, Hickam, Salinas, Offutt, Thule, Yokota
11.1810 Lajes
11.2710 Andrews, Ascension, Elmendorf, Guam, Hickam, Lejes, Offutt, Salinas, Thule, Yokota
13.2120 Lajes
15.0160 Andrews, Ascension, Elmendorf, Guam, Hickam, Lajes, Offutt, Salinas, Thule, Yokota
15.0380 Sigonella
20.3900 AF Eastern Test Range (Backup for Ascension), Cape Canaveral, Antigua, Ascension, Maui

The url to the site is
www.scanaustralia.bigpondhosting.com...

All the best

[edit on 5-7-2004 by dwh0]

join