It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

All things Amityville

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 07:41 AM
link   
If this is in the wring section please move

I thought as so many people are interested in this i would start a thread where we can discuss it. I am very interested in this case, but no little about it. I would like to hear everyone's opinions about what they feel about this. Do you really feel it is haunted or just a story to make some money?
Had any strange experiences happen while around the house?
I know a thread has been bought up on this photo, i managed to print screen a shot of the whole photo, well two different versions of the photo and not just the close up for anyone who would like to see it, you can see the boy in the corner. I'm open to all sides of the story so dont badger me for starting this thread in the paranormal section please.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 07:43 AM
link   
reply to post by avvie

I am sorry, i cannot see anything in either of the two pictures.

Can someone point it out to me please?

vvV

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 07:45 AM
link   
I've always found that photo particularly spooky, I've seen it in a few documentaries about Amityville although I can't for the life of me remember the story behind it now.

I was under the impression that the whole story of Amityville was made up as a wholesale work of fiction by George Lutz, is that no the case then?

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 07:47 AM
link   
reply to post by VreemdeVlieendeVoorwep

Here is a close up of the boy

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 07:48 AM
link   
reply to post by davespanners

I'm not sure if it was made up, it makes for a very interesting story though, i don't know an awful lot about the Defeo case or the case of the Hauntings, i have started reading up on it. People say its all fake where as some people say its real. I would just like to hear both sides of the story.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 07:49 AM
link   
reply to post by avvie

Okay thanks.

But is it not possible that it is just a boy standing there?

His eyes being lit up by the flash?

I cannot see anything paranormal in the pics. The case is certainly rather strange and interesting, but in these pics i see a boy by the stairs, with eyes lit up by the camera flash.

VvV

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 07:58 AM
link   
reply to post by avvie

There's a very old thread on the picture here which you might find useful.

We do know that photo is "real" in the sense that it isn't photo shopped as its been around since the 70's and it doesn't seem to be pareidolia to me so its either an actual child or a ghost.

I'm going to guess at an actual child.

Still it's creepy

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 08:05 AM
link   
The Amityville Horror was one of the first scary movies I saw as a kid. It really scared the crap out of me.

I was always interested in the DeFeo (sp?) son. What ever happened to him? Is he still alive?

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Wasn't it proven that the dude who killed the folks in that how was actually insane? Meaning there was no demons or anything there that convinced him to kill the family?
If anything the only entities there now are those he killed, which is what the movies portrayed with 'Jodie' or whatever her name was.

As for it being a real story, and really happening that demons told him to do it and stuff... I'm calling bull on that, it always seemed unrealistic, and I think the only real spirits to do with Amityville are either those who died there from him, or there are none as is simply a Hollywood thing.
Which sounds more realistic?
I'm open minded to all of this and not trying to come off as somebody who will disregard any paranormal stuff thrown at him, but Amityville has always seemed silly to me.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 10:02 AM
link   
The whole story was entirely made up. The guy who killed his family was insane. Then he was approached by bad journalists who made up the story and got Jay Anson in to write a book. The family who lived in the house after the murders never reported anything out of the ordinary and vehmently denied any claims to the contrary.

It made a good book and a good film, but that's all. Except for Anson (to my knowledge) everybody else involved in the hoax has admitted to it. I don't have any links to the story off-hand, but google it, and you'll find the facts very easily.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 10:06 AM
link   
he was high on PCP. when i worked at metlife i knew a woman who grew up in the area and personally knew him and the family. she confirmed that he was a drug user who did pcp and went temporarily insane.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by tonypazzohome

You have to provide more evidence then that

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Maddogkull

Well I would think that murdering your whole family in their beds is quite good evidence for insanity, it doesn't seem to be the actions of a rational individual certainly

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by davespanners

Insanity yes. PCP no. I was talking about PCP leading to what he did. I agree with the insanity part.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 09:32 AM
link   
I agree that is insanity, but how do we know its all rubbish? Maybe they just wanted leaving alone thats why they said it was made up, who knows? What do you think about this video? They are claiming its real but dont think its enough proof

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by ajmusicmedia
The family who lived in the house after the murders never reported anything out of the ordinary and vehmently denied any claims to the contrary.

Are you talking about the the Lutzes who moved in after the DeFeo's? They seemed pretty adamant they had seen and experienced weird things....

Not that I believe this story - I'm fairly convinced it's a hoax but you never know do you

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maddogkull
reply to post by tonypazzohome

You have to provide more evidence then that

haha i knew that was coming... unfortunately i only have hearsay and conjecture... "those are KINDS of evidence..."- lionel hutz (simpsons lawyer)

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by ajmusicmedia
The family who lived in the house after the murders never reported anything out of the ordinary and vehmently denied any claims to the contrary

Thats not true. They did say that paranormal stuff happened. Were they telling the truth? well, they were the only family to have these paranormal activities. People who moved in after have said that they have had no paranormal stuff happen whatsoever. So, that tells me that is was a hoax.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Jay-morris

Maybe it has something to do with religion? If they were the same religion as the Defeos but not the former occupants maybe that could affect them?

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by avvie
reply to post by Jay-morris

Maybe it has something to do with religion? If they were the same religion as the Defeos but not the former occupants maybe that could affect them?

Nah, i don't really believe that. If a place is haunted, then it does not matter what religon you are, as i believe religon has nothing to do with it.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join