It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If You Have Children On The Internet..(Facebook).. Be Aware..

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 06:42 AM
link   
If you have children and they have access to the Internet and specifically Facebook ; you need to be aware of what is out there..

If you’re on Facebook, Al Qaeda wants to friend you. Terrorist groups are using Facebook to share operational information and to target, recruit and radicalize members of the general public, according to a Department of Homeland Security report obtained by FoxNews.com. The DHS report, “Terrorist Use of Social Networking Sites: Facebook Case Study,” notes while [...]

This story comes to us via Homeland Security - National Terror Alert. National Terror Alert is America's trusted source for homeland security news and information.

— A group discussion page featuring Arabic-language IED recipes for explosive ammonia and poisonous smoke bombs, and instructions on how to prepare nitric acid, which is used to make explosive mixtures. The same recipes were also posted on a radical forum, suggesting “some cross-over between radical content disseminated on Facebook and on Islamist extremist forums,” according to the report.

National Terror Alert Center

Fox News

Read more at the link

Our young people are so very impressionable and now most have access to the free flow of information available to them over the Internet. It is our responsibility as parents to ensure we are aware of what they may be effected by.

Semper

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 06:49 AM
link   
My son doesnt get on the computer at his moms house or my house, we agree on that at least lol

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 06:59 AM
link   
reply to post by semperfortis

Well, I just got a friend request on Facebook from someone I don't know from Adam - a seemingly very attractive young woman called "Morkey Blay" - and the vast majority of "her" friends were, or seemed to be, of Middle Eastern origin.

I turned it down, naturally. There's only so many secret organisations one can belong to...

JAK

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 07:11 AM
link   
I thought it was Puffin Party?

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 07:21 AM
link   
We cannot be targeted because of the people we friend on facebook, it is the content of what we share that could if anything become questionable and usually that is all part of our public views.

I have many, many friends who I met at an ashram in Poona India and they are all over my facebook friends list. I admit I have wondered from time to time just who some of these people are but then I friend just about everyone who sends a request because I dont want to hurt anyones feelings.

I only connect with the people I personally know but yeah, I friend just about everyone.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 07:27 AM
link   

What so now I shouldn't let my kids use facebook because of the terrorists???

I don't let my kids use facebook because of intelligence profiling by government agencies!

I'm going to bed.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 07:45 AM
link   
They should worry more over farcebook being ran by C(aught) I(n the) A(ct).. Oh wait.. Forgot al qaida is the middle east branch of C(aught) I(n the) A(ct)..
Though its always a good idea to teach children internet safety with all the lunatics out there.. Regardless of what site your on ..

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 10:43 AM
link   
I think a more common reason kids should stay off facebook is pedophiles. Even parents should keep their kids pictures off facebook because they might get an invitation from that "parent group" just so those pedophiles can look at the pictures and maybe plan something,you will wish didnt happen.

CX

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Thanks for the heads up Semper.

Appreciated.

CX.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 10:52 AM
link   

If you have children and they have access to the Internet and specifically Facebook ; you need to be aware of what is out there..

One also needs to be aware of possible "profiling" not only by the Gov'ment but also by child predators.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Thread Closed.

Please direct your comments to the original thread here

Oopps sorry your the mod not me
I forgot

top topics

join