It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mayor of Springfield, Illinois, Commits Suicide

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 06:23 AM
link   

Mayor of Springfield, Illinois, Commits Suicide

www.foxnews.com

The mayor of Springfield, Illinois, Tim Davlin, was found dead Tuesday morning from what apparently was a self-inflicted gunshot wound, according to the State-Journal Register.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
news.yahoo.com

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Shooting of man holding water nozzle angers family
Gunman Opens Fire During School Board Meeting

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 06:23 AM
link   
As always in suicide, my heart goes out to the man's loved ones and family.

The article goes on to note that he was in personal financial trouble, though it is unclear whether this preciptiated his act of suicide.

Looking over the news, it seems to have been an exceptionally bloody day in the US, with a number of high-profile crimes and deaths. As of this writing, the ATS Breaking News forum includes stories on the Florida School Board shooter and a man shot holding a garden hose (see ATS thread links in the post above). I also just saw an article about a strip-mall shooting in California (see related news link in the post above). Signs of the times? Grim harbingers of things to come?

Let us hope tomorrow is a happier day.

www.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 12/15/10 by silent thunder because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 06:40 AM
link   
Mayor Quimby!! Eat my shorts.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 06:54 AM
link   
reply to post by silent thunder

Another link articles.chicagotribune.com...

This could be murder, although it is reported as possible suicide.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 07:45 AM
link   
I smell a Shelbyville plot!

IRM

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 08:36 AM
link   
They are being very hush hush about this on the news today and yesterday, here in Illinois. The school board shooter guy has gotten more air time than this story. I wonder if his financial troubles were somehow tied to the state, other than the tax thing. It's sad when money causes someone to take their own life. Like the Metra CEO who was tied up in stealing state money and threw himself in front of a [Metra] train, that just happened this past May. That's Chicago politics for ya.
edit on 12/15/2010 by SpaceJ because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 09:08 AM
link   
reply to post by silent thunder

My instinct says that it was not suicide but this person was about to reveal something. Either that or it was suicide because he knew something and could not live with that knowledge and had two choices: Release the info, or die, and he was probably gonna release the info and got silenced for it. I think we will see a lot more "suicides" in the coming months.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 09:18 AM
link   
I always find the "suicide" of political figures to be very suspect. They are such a corrupt, self-interested lot.

new topics

top topics

join