It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bernie Goldberg proposes building bronze monument to honor rich people

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 06:12 AM
link   
Now I know you are either thinking this cannot be true or you are thinking “imagine that”. Well this is true and while he claims it is ‘tongue and cheek’ I believe he said that to try and minimize the impact of his true beliefs which is to build a monument to the rich.

Well I could support that only if you have part of that bronze statue dozens of the hard working people of this great nation helping that rich person to become rich. It does not matter how much you want to take sole credit for becoming wealthy the fact of the matter is without people to purchase your product and help you sell it/build it you would not be wealthy. Without a community there is no such thing as rich.

I am not talking bad about the wealthy who legitimately earned their money through hard work, discipline, intelligence, and determination. Those men/women have rightfully earned that money with no questions asked. The gambling bankers and manipulators are a different story however. But even with that said no one can make it without other people and they too should be recognized for their hard work.

Well this man just makes me sick and I am just so tired of this elitist rhetoric from these people. They have gotten the bailout, the great financial year, and the legalized criminal lifestyle that us peasants do not have. I am not jealous of this because I am happy being part of the working class but I do not like when some elite looks down upon their fellow Americans due to the wealth disparity they created.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 06:28 AM
link   
Also I wonder who is going to put the labor in to build that statue?

So let me get this straight. The peasants work hard to build the statue in honor to the rich who have gambled away our future, stolen our rights, and trashed the economy? (Please remember I am not talking about all the rich okay)

Thomas Jefferson on the rich:

Experience demands that man is the only animal which devours his own kind, for I can apply no milder term to the general prey of the rich on the poor.

Link
edit on 12/15/2010 by Misoir because: (no reason given)

edit on 12/15/2010 by Misoir because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 06:29 AM
link   
Star and flag to you OP for the most thought provoking and intelligently argued post on ATS today.

Concerning your points. This man needs a reality check. Clearly he is living in a cloud cuckoo land of richpersonsville where nobody wants for anything, everything is on tap and no one has the slightest clue what it feels like to try to make ends meet to the end of the month.

One day, perhaps, in a more enlightened age, the rich WILL be made to pay their share. Don't believe a word you are told about the rich, the highest earners, already paying their share, paying a higher rate, and all that crap. They are paying nowhere near enough. Yes, we should be thankful for the few philanthropists out there prepared to donate their wealth to good causes and charitable foundations. But know this, the majority of the rich do not, and could not, give jack about helping others. All THEY care about is lining their pockets.

And the worst are those who inherit riches, since they tend to be the most complacent of all.
edit on 15-12-2010 by the.lights because: grammatical correction

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 06:49 AM
link   
Hope that the people feed pigeons laxative once he has built his statue...

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 07:31 AM
link   
It's odd that there is so much class warfare and downright hatred being waged here on ATS.

The strangest thing is that there really isn't any classes or castes in western culture. A person could be dirt poor today and then extremely wealthy tomorrow. And vice versa.

You people have bought into the notion that there are castes and classes into which one is born. This is a lie. It is a lie created and promulgated by leftists, statists, "progressives", marxists and communists to affect the manner in which we relate to each other.

It is a way that the Obamas and the Clintons and the dipdunks at the UN are able to wrestle soverignty away from the people and leech hard-earned money out of their pockets.

The logical final common pathway and eventual outcome of this hatred and class warfare is that there ends up being a cadre of unelected elite "central planners" who sit around and decide what job each person has and how much money and resources they are to be allotted. The "misery index" goes up, the "elite" central planners get more power, and eventually they start mass murder of the "unwashed proletariat class" in the interest of "the collective good."

Guess who this "elite cadre" is composed of: That's right...the idiots who perpetuated the class warfare stuff to start with. The Clintons, the Obamas, the Nancy Pelosis, Karl Marx, Stalin, et. al.

You folks need to seriously rethink this stuff.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 07:38 AM
link   

edit on 15-12-2010 by MMPI2 because: oops double post

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 07:39 AM
link   
Furthermore, while I am on my soapbox, I'd rather have an innovator who creates an idea, invention, product, concept that makes him and his organization a billion dollars and employs a hundred thousand people (and potentially you or me) get a bronze statue than have statues made in the image of Stalin or Lenin or Obama or George Soros.

Why shouldn't somebody like Bill Gates have a statue in his honor? Think about the positive things that he has done for our world and the way business, medicine, etc. has been altered for the better because of the things he conceived.

Don't be jealous and envious, people. That's what is beautiful about an ordered liberty within a capitalist system. Come up with a good idea and maybe you will have statues made in your honor!

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 07:39 AM
link   
Bernie Goldberg proposes building bronze monument to honor rich people . . . and I propose hanging him from it.

There . . . now we've both said something utterly ridiculous that will probably never happen.
edit on 15-12-2010 by GoalPoster because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 09:06 AM
link   
These people have destroyed our Nation,
and to to build a bronze image to Glorify themselves?
is nothing less than an Abomination to all Americans.

Do you now "understand" the Evil that permeates this land ?
or perhaps it is not enough of a slap in the face for you to reallize
what it is, that is really happening.

These 'people'? want you to know,that you are nothing but Goyem.
Now, bow down and worship your Masters, slaves.(so proud they are of what they have done)
they want to remind you all day, every day that they own you.

I am outraged by this, and every human being on this planet
should be loosing their minds over this. building an "Idol" to themselves ?
Are Americans going to allow this ? .......YES !

Why ? because they are delusional and think everything is going to be fine.
This is America,that could not happen here. Wake Up ! (You are already Dead)
I am so very sad for us all,not frightened, just very,very sad.
PLEASE, DO NOT LET THIS HAPPEN !

The BrainGarden.

edit on 15-12-2010 by BrainGarden because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by MMPI2

I'm going to quote the person you are apologizing for.

"I don't care what the bible says on matters like that. As a matter of fact, you know, Jesus probably would be except for one or two issues a Liberal Democrat, if he were around today..."

And

"I didn't say one negative word about poor people or middle class people".

It seems that YOU need to seriously RETHINK how you THINK.

Also:

It's funny this rich person comes out and says he doesn't care what the bible says...think I posted something along the lines of that in the past days...just something coincidental...funny

Oh and get rid of your soapbox.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 09:28 AM
link   
He's got it the wrong way round- we shouldn't be gracious to the rich, they should be gracious to us. They're the ones who "have it all", and for that they should be gracious, why the hell do they need anything else?

As the guy in the video says, they often spend less on taxes, and even if they spend more, you can't compare person A on 15000 a year paying 5000, to person B on 500000 a year giving 180000 (just random figures, but you get the point that the smaller amount that person A pays, even IF it is a lower proportion, is worth a hell of a lot more to him and his life than the amount person B gives.

I don't pretend to know the stats on this, but I'm sure a lot of rich people only aspired to be that way, because of their own selfish yearnings- not to improve the world. Not necessarily blaming that on them, we live in a capitalist society that teaches us from a young age to worship the mana from heaven that is money.
edit on 15-12-2010 by ScepticalBeliever because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zamini
reply to post by MMPI2

I'm going to quote the person you are apologizing for.

"I don't care what the bible says on matters like that. As a matter of fact, you know, Jesus probably would be except for one or two issues a Liberal Democrat, if he were around today..."

And

"I didn't say one negative word about poor people or middle class people".

It seems that YOU need to seriously RETHINK how you THINK.

Also:

It's funny this rich person comes out and says he doesn't care what the bible says...think I posted something along the lines of that in the past days...just something coincidental...funny

Oh and get rid of your soapbox.

Are you sure you are on the right thread?

What are you talking about?

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by MMPI2

Are you sure you read OPs and view videos posted before posting your own OPINION on the subject at hand?

Cause it sure seems as if you don't!

Edit:

Just for you: Your opinion is dreadfully wrong. Money is about greed, so the most greedy people will be the most rich in most cases. Not in all, but in MOST cases. That's why they need a statue to honor them, because they don't have enough yet.
edit on 15-12-2010 by Zamini because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zamini
reply to post by MMPI2

Are you sure you read OPs and view videos posted before posting your own OPINION on the subject at hand?

Cause it sure seems as if you don't!

Edit:

Just for you: Your opinion is dreadfully wrong. Money is about greed, so the most greedy people will be the most rich in most cases. Not in all, but in MOST cases. That's why they need a statue to honor them, because they don't have enough yet.
edit on 15-12-2010 by Zamini because: (no reason given)

Nah...watched the whole thing and read it a couple of times. Your response contributes nothing to the material message of my well written and carefully considered arguments, and does not elucidate this discussion in any way.

Question: If money is about greed, then would you pledge to give ALL of your money, assets, savings, property to substantiated, legitimate charities that assist the "less fortunate"?

I am genuinely interested in your response to my question.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by MMPI2

Why shouldn't somebody like Bill Gates have a statue in his honor?

Bill Gates convinced IBM that software wasnt worth much so he should make it for them. He didnt invent anything himself.
Bill Gates,"We should have unlimited immigration so I can hire the cheapest foreign workers to drive down the wages I pay my workers." "I want to be a monopoly and drive the competition out of business."

Its the scientists,engineers,inventors,and the workers who actually make modern society possible that deserve the honors,not the rich money manipulators who are mostly gambling with your money.
edit on 15-12-2010 by RRokkyy because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by MMPI2

Question: If money is about greed, then would you pledge to give ALL of your money, assets, savings, property to substantiated, legitimate charities that assist the "less fortunate"?

And here is your problem.

You don't understand that these legitimate charities siphon a lot of the donated money for whatever cause.

You have cancer-charities investing in tobacco products, I mean come one...do you stop and think?

Instead of throwing money at problems we should think and solve them. For instance, instead of selling arms to Somalia and dumping toxic waste off their shore people could, instead of sending million dollar ships along the coast, perhaps send one of those ships with food aid? I'm just thinking...instead of ordering Japan to dump huge amounts of rice in the ocean, couldn't the WTO have not denied Japans request for the food to be sent to nations with food shortages?

new topics

top topics

join